Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

College Baseball Top 25

The first of 5 preseason polls are out. Collegiate Baseball Newspaper has the Hoosiers @ #7. We open the season Feb. 14-16 with a 4 game series @ Texas Tech.

EDIT: The first link has Coaches, NCBWA, Baseball America and Collegiate Baseball Polls.

Baseball America - 3
Perfect Game - 5
Collegiate Baseball Newspaper - 7
NCBWA - 7
USA Today Coaches - 11

‏@IUBaseballNews: Louisville Slugger preseason All-Americans ... 1st Team: K.Schwarber (C) & D.DeMuth (3B); 2nd Team: S.Travis (1B); 3rd Team: J.DeNato (SP)

‏@IUBaseballNews: #IUBASE's four overall preseason All-Americans is 2nd only to Oregon State's five. No other teams matched IU's four.

IU ranked #3 by Baseball America

‏@IUBaseballNews: #IUBASE is the highest-ranked Big Ten team in the Baseball America preseason Top-25 since Michigan entered the 1988 season at No. 3.

‏@IUBaseballNews: No Big Ten team has ever opened a season ranked higher than #3 by Baseball America.

Can't wait for baseball season. Best sport on the planet.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Baseball's not a sport, it's a pasttime.  But I hope IU crushes all the other pasttime teams!   :biggrin:

For what it's worth, I played baseball in college. Every year we would travel south and every year the teams we played had seen a ton more field time than us. Don't get too discouraged by our performance at TT. This has been a bad winter and I doubt our Hoosiers had even been on the field before this series.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just saw on my score ap where the Phillies turned in Oregon State pitcher Ben Wetzler for using an agent. The Phillies drafted him in the 5th round in June, but they couldn't reach an agreement on a contract. Wetzler returned to OSU for his senior year and that's when the Phillies called the NCAA and reported him for consorting with an agent. He is now suspended indefinitely. http://m.dailybarometer.com/sports/ncaa-indefinitely-suspends-wetzler/article_c7bb54a8-979e-11e3-a86b-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners