Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

College Baseball Top 25

Hoosiers getting some love in the updated polls from Collegiate Baseball who has us @ #22 and we got a few votes from some of the others.

NCAAPerfect GameB1G Standings

A few notes here.

- Cal State Fullerton who is a future foe fell sharply with losses to Alabama St. and USF.
- Illinois, Maryland and OSU went undefeated and Nebraska/Michigan went 1-2.

Nice. Solid trip out west!

Are any of their games available to watch or listen to online?

We normally catch a free stream or 2 during the season and there is usually some radio feeds. They have alot of games on BTN2GO if you have a subscription.

These 2 games are on BTN:

04/19/15 @ Illinois @ 1 pm ET

05/03/15 @ Maryland @ 11 am ET

We normally catch a free stream or 2 during the season and there is usually some radio feeds. They have alot of games on BTN2GO if you have a subscription.

These 2 games are on BTN:

04/19/15 @ Illinois @ 1 pm ET
05/03/15 @ Maryland @ 11 am ET

Thank you, my friend.

This year should go really well and ranking is well deserved. If for some reason season goes badly we know we have the wrong guy leading the program. With that said I fully expect a very solid year where we compete for Big Ten title and get a strong 2 seed close by and are borderline top 25 all year.

I have some concerns after this year moving forward given we will lose basically the entire team (to either graduation or the draft) and I am not 100% sold on Lemonis (I am not saying he is bad but I am in wait and see mode until he fully has his own players). For this year program should be very strong and probably best team we have had since the 2 year Schwarber run but then it is very much up in the air and we will learn then if Lemonis is the right guy. I am not saying he is not or he is but there is no way to know until 2019 when it is fully his own team and players. Only contributors we currently have who will probably be around after this year are Gorski, Kreuger and Saalfrank. For this year we have every big contributor back from last year save for Dedelow and bring in a strong recruiting class. 

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

This year should go really well and if it doesn't for some reason we know we have the wrong guy leading the program. With that said I fully expect a very solid year where we compete for Big Ten title and get a strong 2 seed close by and are borderline top 25 all year.

I have some concerns after this year moving forward given we will lose basically the entire team (to either graduation or the draft) and I am not 100% sold on Lemonis (I am not saying he is bad but I am in wait and see mode until he fully has his own players). For this year program should be very strong and probably best team we have had since the 2 year Schwarber run but then it is very much up in the air and we will learn then if Lemonis is the right guy. I am not saying he is not or he is but there is no way to know until 2019 when it is fully his own team and players. Only contributors we currently have who will probably be around after this year are Gorski, Kreuger and Saalfrank. For this year we have every big contributor back from last year save for Dedelow and bring in a strong recruiting class. 

Houston will be here. Seriously doubt Stiever, Herrin, and Milton will be going anywhere.. neither will Fineman. 

No guarantee Lloyd is gone. 

Sloan? Beauchamp?

Luke Miller is the only one I would say is for sure gone, besides the Seniors.

Plus we don't know about Kaletha and Manous. 

You really believe all those guys will leave?

32 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Houston will be here. Seriously doubt Stiever, Herrin, and Milton will be going anywhere.. neither will Fineman. 

No guarantee Lloyd is gone. 

Sloan? Beauchamp?

Luke Miller is the only one I would say is for sure gone, besides the Seniors.

Plus we don't know about Kaletha and Manous. 

You really believe all those guys will leave?

Houston will definitely be here but I consider him an average role player. You need a a few of those on your team and I am not dissing him but when I look for difference makers he is not it and same with Herrin. I actually do expect Stiever, Lloyd and Milto to get a long look to be drafted (remember its 30 rounds so a ton of decent players are drafted and leave a year early) after this year assuming they have the good years I think they will. Sloan has not contributed at all yet but could this year so not calling him a contributor yet. Beauchamp got an OWI in the fall so I am not sure what his status with the team even is and I would not consider him a contributor yet. The new freshman I have not even looked at.

I worked with a somewhat prominent D1 baseball program as a broadcast intern for a couple years out of college and learned a lot about scouting talent during that time from their coaches who I was close with so I feel pretty good saying who I think will be the most talented and contribute this year and has draft prospects.

The major contributors and big time guys for this team will be:

1. Sowers 

2. Miller

3. Lloyd

4. Gorski   

5. Fineman

6. Stiever 

7. Milto

8. Krueger

9. Saalfrank 

I expect every one of those guys but Gorski, Krueger and Saalfrank (who will not yet be eligible) to be in the draft next year. I know some of those names don't have the best numbers but each one has something I see in them that makes me believe they will have a big year next year and draw interest and be drafted.

Also like you said other freshman could step up and contribute this year and for more years moving forward. However, in the here and now of our big time players I expect to only have the 3 back I mentioned in my initial post. 

D1Baseball has us #23 and the only B1G team.

@d1baseball: BREAKING: The wait for the 2018 @D1Baseball Preseason Top 25, powered by @Easton_Baseball, is over. They are here and a familiar face is sitting at No. 1. Check out the Top 25! 

https://d1baseball.com/rankings/2018-d1baseball-preseason-top-25/

Noteables: No Oklahoma

8 - UK

15 - Louisville

20 - South Alabama

College Baseball Central has us #17.

https://collegebaseballcentral.com/college-baseball-central-2018-preseason-top-25/16980/

17 - Perfect Game (8 - UK, 14 - Louisville, 18 - Oklahoma)

17 - College Baseball Central ( 7 - UK, 10 - Louisville, 25 - Oklahoma)

23 - D1Baseball (8 - UK, 15 - Louisville, 20 - South Alabama)