Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

DocLibby

Hoosiers and Their Fans Must Forgive, Forget … and Fight on to the Finish

I have been quick to criticize coach in the past and still question some of the things he does. I realize now after seeing the masses turn on him on all of the boards and Twitter that nothing good can come from it. It could hurt future recruits and lists of other things to many to name. I have decided to just cheer for the team I love and trust crean is doing whats best for this team.<br /><br />Sent from my SCH-I535 using BtownBanners mobile app<br /><br />

Very grateful for this post. I feel like we all have our posts that are negative. That we post without perspective when we just lost a game we should've had in the bag. Sometimes I think we talk about a certain player so much that it makes them seem untouchable or the greatest and when they lose a game we are so quick to blame them or talk about what they did wrong. The original post put things back into perspective for me and I'm pretty sure that my post makes no sense but here's my two cents. :) Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

It is no mystery why the Doc is a medical doctor, and her son(s) are, and will be extraordinarily successful:

Talent

Passion

CONTEXT

Focus

Resiliency

Doc;

It is readily apparent that your disappointment and frustration are mitigated by well-placed pride and hope.

As always...

Kudos. 

I knew that my little side comment about athletes getting paid would rustle some feathers. I plan on addressing it in my blog one day. Thank you, everyone for your positive feedback. As you know I'm new at this but as you can see I love writing. Thanks for reading. I'm sure there are a hundred other things you could be doing/reading

I honestly haven't felt this bad for a team since the mid 90s.  In between Luke, and then Jeremy.  Then, you have Hanner.  Kids do stupid things.  I did the same thing Hanner did, and would like to think I am a productive member of society who got caught up in the moment when I was younger.  Hopefully, he learns from it as did I.  This team is going to break, or have character as strong as steel by this summer.  

I knew that my little side comment about athletes getting paid would rustle some feathers. I plan on addressing it in my blog one day. Thank you, everyone for your positive feedback. As you know I'm new at this but as you can see I love writing. Thanks for reading. I'm sure there are a hundred other things you could be doing/reading

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I am honestly for player compensation.  The 1950s version of amateurism does not exist anymore.  Anyone who thinks kids at different places or sports aren't getting paid are mistaken.  It may not be large sums, but I would be willing to bet every team has something happen where a player gets something that would be considered a violation.  The NCAA needs to be updated to a more modern example, to better assist the kids of today.  Not kids from 60 years ago.  Lol, obviously I think you should be careful on your comments on that subject.  Don't want you getting yourself in trouble with powers that be, or have something end up on ESPN.  Everyone has their opinions.  As a parent who lives it daily, you will more than most.  I was close friends with a player who blew out both knees while playing at IU.  It was crazy what he had to go through.  

Great to see you here DocLibby, always great to hear from someone with knowledge from an insiders view. 

Also great to have this point of you where it isn't a Crean bashing thread. Thanks Doc, keep up the writing!

I get in Coach a lot, but the board is getting way over the top! Relax, and I'm sure we will be singing his praises if we win at Purdue!

[quote name="DocLibby" post="38643" timestamp="1392421591"]I knew that my little side comment about athletes getting paid would rustle some feathers. I plan on addressing it in my blog one day. Thank you, everyone for your positive feedback. As you know I'm new at this but as you can see I love writing. Thanks for reading. I'm sure there are a hundred other things you could be doing/reading

[quote name="DocLibby" post="38643" timestamp="1392421591"] As you know I'm new at this but as you can see I love writing. Thanks for reading. I'm sure there are a hundred other things you could be doing/reading