Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
JaybobHoosier

PS3/4 Thread

Since there is a crappy X-Box thread, who are some fellow PS players, and what are some of your favorite games?

I just bought The Walking Dead Survival Game with Darryl and Merle. I can't wait to play that. I really like the game Rage. I'm really hoping they come out with a second one. They left the end of the first game wide open for a 2nd.

I play a lot of sports games. NCAA Football/Basketball, MLB '12, etc.

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app

[quote name="Hovadipo" post="37166" timestamp="1392181898"]PS4 guy. Playing FIFA, NBA 2k, and Need For Speed. Waiting on Watch Dogs and a new Uncharted. Really wish they didn't stop making NCAA Football. Would've been unbelievable on next-gen.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

Completely agree about NCAA. I'm a big football and basketball fan for NCAA.

I have a PS3. I would love a PS4, but I don't play enough to justify getting one. Plus, we are trying to save money for a house. The house is slightly more important lol.

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app

Finally, a thread for those of us that are civilized.

I use to be big in sports games, but it's changed some.  I have Uncharted 3, Assassin's Creed 3, NBA 2K13 (I despise the Not Basketball Anymore, but couldn't get college hoops) and just picked up a Cabela's Big Game Hunter.  I want to play Last of Us and Beyond Two Souls, wanted to get Skyrim but never did.  Considered getting Rocksmith to help improve my guitar playing, but I'm not sure because it basically just teaches you to play using tabs so you're not really becoming a rounded musician.

FYI, JB, games that are based on movies/shows usually suck something awful so don't get your hopes up on Walking Dead..  I have the game based on Game of Thrones, and it is terrible.

[quote name="JSHoosier" post="37171" timestamp="1392186564"]Finally, a thread for those of us that are civilized.

I use to be big in sports games, but it's changed some. I have Uncharted 3, Assassin's Creed 3, NBA 2K13 (I despise the Not Basketball Anymore, but couldn't get college hoops) and just picked up a Cabela's Big Game Hunter. I want to play Last of Us and Beyond Two Souls, wanted to get Skyrim but never did. Considered getting Rocksmith to help improve my guitar playing, but I'm not sure because it basically just teaches you to play using tabs so you're not really becoming a rounded musician.

FYI, JB, games that are based on movies/shows usually suck something awful so don't get your hopes up on Walking Dead.. I have the game based on Game of Thrones, and it is terrible.[/quote]

I've been teaching myself guitar for about a year and a half now. I just got Rocksmith about a month ago. I'd say I'm late beginner/early intermediate. I can play any song with a normal chord progression and some more difficult stuff. I haven't messed with Rocksmith too much yet, but some of the skills it teaches you are really useful, plus it teaches you without you even realizing it. It really doesn't "teach" you with tabs. You go through technique lessons that you master. Then you use those techniques in a song and the song becomes increasingly more complex as you progress through lessons. If I took the time to really sit down with it, I think I would improve a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I've been teaching myself guitar for about a year and a half now. I just got Rocksmith about a month ago. I'd say I'm late beginner/early intermediate. I can play any song with a normal chord progression and some more difficult stuff. I haven't messed with Rocksmith too much yet, but some of the skills it teaches you are really useful, plus it teaches you without you even realizing it. It really doesn't "teach" you with tabs. You go through technique lessons that you master. Then you use those techniques in a song and the song becomes increasingly more complex as you progress through lessons. If I took the time to really sit down with it, I think I would improve a lot.

Oh, it does teach useful skills.  There are a bunch of videos on Youtube of people using Rocksmith and learning the instrument.  Truth be told, just drilling technique gets boring so I like the concept of applying it to a video game and learning that way.  Does it drill you on scales?  It should, scales are an integral part of playing music and guitar is no different.  Those scales can even be used to warm up(yes, you should warm up before you play to avoid injury just like sports), plus people want to play lead and many times lead riffs are just modified versions of scales.

If you want practice on barre chords, use the attached video on how to play Sitting on the Dock of The Bay by Otis Redding.  A lot of barre chord work in it with one shape and it switches to an open chord as well so you work that transition too.  If you have an account, subscribe to that channel he's a really good teacher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq4LjBzBduw

[quote name="JSHoosier" post="37174" timestamp="1392188850"]Oh, it does teach useful skills. There are a bunch of videos on Youtube of people using Rocksmith and learning the instrument. Truth be told, just drilling technique gets boring so I like the concept of applying it to a video game and learning that way. Does it drill you on scales? It should, scales are an integral part of playing music and guitar is no different. Those scales can even be used to warm up(yes, you should warm up before you play to avoid injury just like sports), plus people want to play lead and many times lead riffs are just modified versions of scales.

If you want practice on barre chords, use the attached video on how to play Sitting on the Dock of The Bay by Otis Redding. A lot of barre chord work in it with one shape and it switches to an open chord as well so you work that transition too. If you have an account, subscribe to that channel he's a really good teacher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq4LjBzBduw[/quote]

Ah I love Marty. I used his videos to learn my first couple of songs. I haven't got into any scale drills on Rocksmith, but there's a session mode where a sample band plays in the background and you can pick the scale and solo on it. Doesn't teach you technique really, but it's fun to play around with.

[quote name="BlueDevil2aHoosier" post="37895" timestamp="1392301890"]Decided to tryout this manager mode with Tottenham. Seems pretty in depth.[/quote]

It's so addicting. Especially when you figure out how to navigate the transfer period. I'll give you a little free tip. If you're in a transfer period, go to "search players" and search for an Attacker named Bruma. Buy him. Right now. He will be the best player on that team in 2-3 years. Also, keep Aaron Lennon. Maybe the fastest guy on the game.

[quote name="Hovadipo" post="37898" timestamp="1392302273"]It's so addicting. Especially when you figure out how to navigate the transfer period. I'll give you a little free tip. If you're in a transfer period, go to "search players" and search for an Attacker named Bruma. Buy him. Right now. He will be the best player on that team in 2-3 years. Also, keep Aaron Lennon. Maybe the fastest guy on the game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

Thanks for the tip I just inquired about him. This looks pretty freakin fun. I like this transfer thing.

[quote name="BlueDevil2aHoosier" post="37900" timestamp="1392302660"]Thanks for the tip I just inquired about him. This looks pretty freakin fun. I like this transfer thing.[/quote]

Yeah consider your next 3 hours gone. It's really easy to lose track of time. You might look up and it will be dark.

[quote name="Hovadipo" post="37903" timestamp="1392303023"]Yeah consider your next 3 hours gone. It's really easy to lose track of time. You might look up and it will be dark. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote] Haha times really flying by this is way better than career mode with a player. This is super fun. Tons of transfer money to play with.

[quote name="BlueDevil2aHoosier" post="37906" timestamp="1392303885"]Haha times really flying by this is way better than career mode with a player. This is super fun. Tons of transfer money to play with.[/quote]

Oh yeah. I sold Soldado, Lamela, and Hugo Lloris and got pretty big money for them all and found cheap replacements that were still servicable. Then made some splashes for other positions.