Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IUBB_Hoosiers

Indiana Football is Undefeated!!!

I can honestly say that this team can very realistically start out 5-0. Mainly because those first 5 games are at home, but still. The improvement the team had this year as a whole was incredible. Just wait until next year, when we have either a more talented Tre back or a more experienced QB in Coffman or Sudfeld. Plus, have you guys seen the recruits we are getting?!? I think we have 5 4-star recuits, 4 of which are specifically tied to the defensive side of the ball. We could be seeing the complete 180 from the Bill Lynch era

I love IU football and I cheer for them every season and every game, but as a lifelong fan of the team, I have suffered 21 rough years of expectation and disappointment.  The two greatest memories I have in 21 years of being a fan are Antwaan Randle El and the '06 bucket game win that got us a bowl bid (which we then lost).  As I said, I cheer for them week in and week out and will do so forever no matter how much they may struggle, but I must be honest when I say its tough to get excited about them sometimes haha.  With that being said, I think Will is right.  We had a decent team last year with a lot of missed opportunities and some key injuries.  With a solid recruiting class coming in on top of what we built last year, I think IU could very well make a bowl game this year, possibly even a decent one.  I must say, I'm a little excited for football season (though I'd much rather basketball season never end).

We should all be excited about the future of IU football. You can't win without talent and Wilson has our strongest recruiting class coming as far back as I can remember. Better yet, the 4star recruits are on the defensive side of the ball. It would be great to have a team that can compete each year and not be in the mindset of wait till basketball season. While the football program will never rival the basketball team, we can win and be competitive.