Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
wsteele

How much longer until Crean is on the hot seat?

[quote name="bronkonagurski" post="36489" timestamp="1391968486"]I agree with this. Sure if we went to the NIT in consecutive seasons, any coach at storied program would be feeling the heat. Apologies to the OP but generally speaking when I see posts of that nature, I think the person is either just assuming we will be this bad again next season and/or secretly pulling for it to happen because he/she doesn't like the current coach. Noah's decision obviously has a huge impact on the projections for 2014/15 but the players that do return will certainly be a year older, wiser and improved. Our rotation won't be dominated by freshman and sophomores any longer and that by itself is going to help matters along with bringing in some badly needed perimeter shooting help. [/quote]

I actually like Crean, I just don't agree with some of his decisions during the game. And maybe next year won't be like this year, but with no NV then we will be close. JBJ and RJ coming in help, but I don't think it'll be a full turn around.

I live close to Louisville and it's a daily discussion down there about CTC. Maybe it's because we are around championship schools in UofL and UK. I don't know, but I'm not satisfied with sweet 16s.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The only reason Crean is being asked if he is on the hot seat is because a ton of fans WANT him to be on the hot seat. They've kept their mouths closed the last few years as we had success, but now want to ditch him.

The EARLIEST, we have a new coach would be the 2016-2017 season and that is only if we miss the tournament 2 out of those three seasons and have an early exit in the other.

People can complain all they want, but Crean has job security and won't be going ANYWHERE anytime soon.

[quote name="jnavahoosier" post="36548" timestamp="1391982843"]Relax, compared to the last 2 coaches, he has a great track record. I love IU for the passion of the fans but we need to chill out for a second. What do u expect when we lose 4, count it 4 starters.

Sent from my VS840 4G using BtownBanners mobile app[/quote]

People do need to chill for now but I wouldn't say that coach has a "great" track record.

Relax, compared to the last 2 coaches, he has a great track record. I love IU for the passion of the fans but we need to chill out for a second. What do u expect when we lose 4, count it 4 starters.

Sent from my VS840 4G using BtownBanners mobile app

You should look at his track record.  It is far from "great", actually pretty similar to Mike Davis.

EDIT:  A tourney appearance should've still been expected, with a 68 team field that's not asking much.  I expected around a 9 seed with an early exit, I know I had such lofty expectations how could any coach ever meet those.

He should b on the hot seat after last years horrible season. Yep big ten champs is a joke because that should have been expected. Then the team plays poorly in b 10 tourney and can't turn it around for the dance. Now look at us no player from a year ago got much better and halfway through the season the team is making the same mistakes over and over. = hot seat. Ps hopr crean wins 4 championships for us<br /><br />Sent from my SCH-I535 using BtownBanners mobile app<br /><br />

[quote name="coonhounds" post="36568" timestamp="1391984307"]He should b on the hot seat after last years horrible season. Yep big ten champs is a joke because that should have been expected. Then the team plays poorly in b 10 tourney and can't turn it around for the dance. Now look at us no player from a year ago got much better and halfway through the season the team is making the same mistakes over and over. = hot seat. Ps hopr crean wins 4 championships for us

Sent from my SCH-I535 using BtownBanners mobile app

[/quote]

Wow... I'll take whatever you are smoking. To call last year a horrible season is ludicrous....

-#1 for 75% of the season,
-Big Ten Champions in toughest B1G in memory.
- Number 1 seed in NCAA Tournament

Nothing about that equals horrible season. Horrible final result... SURE. HORRIBLE season??? Get outta here!

[quote name="coonhounds" post="36568" timestamp="1391984307"]He should b on the hot seat after last years horrible season. Yep big ten champs is a joke because that should have been expected. Then the team plays poorly in b 10 tourney and can't turn it around for the dance. Now look at us no player from a year ago got much better and halfway through the season the team is making the same mistakes over and over. = hot seat. Ps hopr crean wins 4 championships for us

[/quote]

A big ten title is def not a joke. And yogi has gotten better he just has made more mistakes because he is the GUY. He has to make all the plays for us this year unlike last year.

He should b on the hot seat after last years horrible season. Yep big ten champs is a joke because that should have been expected. Then the team plays poorly in b 10 tourney and can't turn it around for the dance. Now look at us no player from a year ago got much better and halfway through the season the team is making the same mistakes over and over. = hot seat. Ps hopr crean wins 4 championships for us<br /><br />Sent from my SCH-I535 using BtownBanners mobile app<br /><br />

Just because something is expected, that doesn't diminish its quality. Winning the Big Ten regular season was a big deal, and should still be viewed as a great accomplishment. Doesn't matter if it should of been expected or not

[quote name="coonhounds" post="36576" timestamp="1391984799"]I guess just a difference in opinion but I was never happy with there play after @ ohio st

[/quote]

I wasn't happy with their play either, but it happens. Would you call the Broncos season HORRIBLE as well?

Wait, so your saying that you think Yogi Farrell has not improved after last season?  I'm going to go ahead and assume that you forgot he was the starting PG last year.  And I have to disagree about the B1G title as well.  It was even better last year and we took it outright.  Heck, Michigan went to the Ncaa title game and Ohio St. Made the 8.

Funny thing is, I don't really agree with either position that I am seeing posted here. I don't feel like missing the NCAA this year is deserving of the hot seat, but I am not in love with the fact we went to the two Sweet 16's. Year before last was probably our best chance at a national title. Last year, even though we won the B1G, the team was so over the peak at that time that I never expected much in the NCAA's. I'll make no doubt, unless CTC makes serious improvements as a coach, I don't think he is the long-term coach for IU  BKB. But he's going to get at least a couple of more years to prove himself, so while we can discuss it, I don't see any changes anytime soon. 

I have started asking people about what they think about Coach Crean when they are out and about. I am hearing a whole lot of complaints that are just like the  ones I see on the different boards. I think as far as many fans are concerned, the seats already a little warm. We shall see over the next couple of years. 

You should look at his track record.  It is far from "great", actually pretty similar to Mike Davis.

EDIT:  A tourney appearance should've still been expected, with a 68 team field that's not asking much.  I expected around a 9 seed with an early exit, I know I had such lofty expectations how could any coach ever meet those.

Gonna agree with this.  For a program like Indiana, making a 68 team tournament should be an afterthought.

I guess just a difference in opinion but I was never happy with there play after @ ohio st<br /><br />Sent from my SCH-I535 using BtownBanners mobile app<br /><br />

I wouldn't call it a horrible season, but I do believe the team underachieved.  I'd say they peaked @MSU.

I wasn't happy with their play either, but it happens. Would you call the Broncos season HORRIBLE as well?

According to the logic a poster on another board uses with Crean, the Broncos overachieved because 3 years ago they probably didn't expect to be in the Super Bowl this year.

[quote name="cappymo14" post="36593" timestamp="1391986297"]Wait, so your saying that you think Yogi Farrell has not improved after last season? I'm going to go ahead and assume that you forgot he was the starting PG last year. And I have to disagree about the B1G title as well. It was even better last year and we took it outright. Heck, Michigan went to the Ncaa title game and Ohio St. Made the 8.[/quote]

Ya last years big ten was unreal. To win the league outright AT Michigan was a massive feat in itself.

[quote name="IU Hoosier41" post="36532" timestamp="1391980376"]The only reason Crean is being asked if he is on the hot seat is because a ton of fans WANT him to be on the hot seat. They've kept their mouths closed the last few years as we had success, but now want to ditch him.

The EARLIEST, we have a new coach would be the 2016-2017 season and that is only if we miss the tournament 2 out of those three seasons and have an early exit in the other.

People can complain all they want, but Crean has job security and won't be going ANYWHERE anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

Not to mention a pretty nice contract with a hefty buyout the next couple of years.

[/quote]

Lol. Oh.