Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2015) PG Jalen Brunson to Villanova

Kid's from my high school. He's a big reason for their rise to being a top team in IL and single handedly took Stevenson to the state title game, losing to some guy named Jabari Parker. He is the real deal. Lights out shooter. Probably the best boys basketball player ever from the school, who also produced women's basketball star Tamika Catchings. Plus, his dad was Rick Brunson, former NBA player and coach, definitely helps keep a kid humble.

Welcome aboard. Thanks for the info.

Kid's from my high school. He's a big reason for their rise to being a top team in IL and single handedly took Stevenson to the state title game, losing to some guy named Jabari Parker. He is the real deal. Lights out shooter. Probably the best boys basketball player ever from the school, who also produced women's basketball star Tamika Catchings. Plus, his dad was Rick Brunson, former NBA player and coach, definitely helps keep a kid humble.

Thanks for the insight, hope you continue to provide updates.Seems like the recent hire of Rob Judson is playing a role in our recruiting. I know his role is somewhat limited in recruiting, but really see things heating up with IL prospects (Cunningham, Hutton, Brunson)

For me, '15 is ideal to grab a big time PG. In theory, one year behind Yogi, and then its their time. I like Crawford or Brunson.

On Friday Night he dropped 53 in a 2OT game that went down to the wire. There was a stretch in the game where it seemed like he scored 6 3s in a row. Every single time the other team scored he went down and put in a bucket of his own. Stevenson's number 2 or number 3 in the state because of him and they will be next year. The only flash in the game that I didn't like is he freaked out after one time he drove didnt get a call at the end of the 4th and Lake forest went down and got to the line. I may've heard wrong but I think Crean was at the game and so was John Beilein. 

Won last night.

http://www.chicagoho...s-north-chicago

Stevenson just continues to roll along through every quality opponent put in front of them.  Their junior trio of Jalen Brunson, Matt Johnson, and Connor Cashaw consistently bring it every night.  Wednesday they had a big test against North Chicago on the road for the North Suburban Conference Championship. 

Brunson finished with 39 points, 5 assists, 5 boards, and 7 steals.  Cashaw went for 22 points, 10 boards, and 5 dimes.  The underrated prospect on this team is Matt Johnson.  He continues to produce.  Johnson will emerge on the recruiting radar for schools in the spring.  He scored 16 points.

A little tidbit.

Brad Sturdy ‏@Sturdy32  17h
So Kansas watches Jalen Brunson tonight and offers Justin Simon. #interesting

Won last night.

http://www.chicagoho...s-north-chicago

Stevenson just continues to roll along through every quality opponent put in front of them.  Their junior trio of Jalen Brunson, Matt Johnson, and Connor Cashaw consistently bring it every night.  Wednesday they had a big test against North Chicago on the road for the North Suburban Conference Championship. 

Brunson finished with 39 points, 5 assists, 5 boards, and 7 steals.  Cashaw went for 22 points, 10 boards, and 5 dimes.  The underrated prospect on this team is Matt Johnson.  He continues to produce.  Johnson will emerge on the recruiting radar for schools in the spring.  He scored 16 points.

A little tidbit.

Brad Sturdy ‏@Sturdy32  17h
So Kansas watches Jalen Brunson tonight and offers Justin Simon. #interesting

In 99% of their games, it seems like when Brunson isn't scoring Cashaw is. Anyone know where Cashaw might end up, i'd love to have him?

Cc's right. Stevenson lost to Whitney Young, I'm pretty sure the score was 75-68, can't remember. Brunson scored 56 out of 68. The 2 best teams played in the Semis. Championship Benet Academy Vs Young. I think Cashaw had 6

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

My old HS coach is in Peoria for the state games and just tweeted that Brunson is suspended tonight. No details. Edit: Just asked for details. He said that the IHSA is letting him play after his team refused to take the floor. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners