Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2015) PF Raymond Spalding to Louisville

Thought good about him and wondered why we were spending time on Zimmerman. But if we lose him that is not a good start. Yeah not end of the world but for those of us who think our recent trend is something to be concerned about, it would sure be nice to get a few of kids we are spending a lot of time on. Make no mistake we clearly prioritized him with Crean taking the lead.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It sucks, but I feel like there was only so much one could do in this situation. I don't want to make excuses because recent trend is definitely been very bad.

[quote name="Napleshoosier" post="74761" timestamp="1405805023"]Its virtually impossible to get a kid from Louisville if the Cards or pUKe wants him. They didn't want Remy so we got him. Just the way it is there and should be the same of Indy kids but its obviously not. jmo Grew up in So Ind. so I have many years of watching this and now its 15 second Ricky we are dealing with, not Crum.[/quote]

Could be true but the staff spent a lot of time showing this kid he was our top target. Crean made all of his games last week and yet apparently they did not learn from the Pinson miss.

Not really mad at any kid that chooses another program.

I am growing very concerned about a staff that has missed on several top targets since Blackman.

This. Although my concern started once Luke left. I was amazed how many on here thought Vonleh was staying. I knew there was a gap that wasn't gonna be filled and it looks like the same for next year...

The kid was going to UL right after they offered. That has little to do with IU and/or CTC. Maybe knocked the staff for prioritizing him, seems a bit emotional, but outside of that, you cannot be upset and be realistic regarding this, imo.

[quote name="hoosierpap" post="74847" timestamp="1405882491"]The kid was going to UL right after they offered. That has little to do with IU and/or CTC. Maybe knocked the staff for prioritizing him, seems a bit emotional, but outside of that, you cannot be upset and be realistic regarding this, imo. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote] The staff can only prioritize a few kids. The staff can only show how they value the 2015 kids in a few tournaments this summer. This time was invested already now and the return on that investment is zilch. Now we try to convince other 2015 bigs we really want them but the time invested in Spalding was only partially invested with the second choices. Combine this miss with the others and it is a pretty big concern. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I knew this was over after UL offered to. I also stick to my guns on IU being the last place I'd pick if I was a big. We just don't look very purty. Them Zeller and Vonleh years will be ancient before you know it. Time to move onto a Big that none of the big boy sites have ever heard of. We have to build up HMP, DD, Prilla the Thrilla and April Showers. Might be rough folks. Buckle up. Have faith in Tommy. dws.

I knew this was over after UL offered to. I also stick to my guns on IU being the last place I'd pick if I was a big. We just don't look very purty. Them Zeller and Vonleh years will be ancient before you know it. Time to move onto a Big that none of the big boy sites have ever heard of. We have to build up HMP, DD, Prilla the Thrilla and April Showers. Might be rough folks. Buckle up. Have faith in Tommy. dws.

I think Juwan Morgan is a nice big for us. He's not a center, but he is a PF that can run the floor and shoot the lights out. He gets fouled and can distribute. I think he's a "big" that would fit Crean's system very well. I agree that I don't think traditional bigs will be part of our program very often.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

The staff can only prioritize a few kids. The staff can only show how they value the 2015 kids in a few tournaments this summer. This time was invested already now and the return on that investment is zilch. Now we try to convince other 2015 bigs we really want them but the time invested in Spalding was only partially invested with the second choices. Combine this miss with the others and it is a pretty big concern. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I agree it's a bit concerning, from the outside, that we prioritized a kid who became a UL lean when they offered. But, from the inside, the staff felt it was not a lost cause until this morning when the decision had been made and they did not attend his 8 am game. I'm not saying the staff didn't have any idea before then, it's obvious by our latest interests/offers, but they didn't feel it was a lost cause. It's easier to see it from the "outside perspective", than the "inside perspective", because this internet forum is not taking place in the 2-3 conversations every day between RS and CTC. IU's pitch was strong. So call it emotional or what ever you please, but the staff is not stupid, and if they think they had a shot due to the amount of work they put into this one and the relationship they built then good, I'm glad they stuck it through.

I can almost guarantee you that the staff would have faced criticism from this same internet forum had they put that prior work in and not made him a priority as we saw his stock skyrocket this July. I really don't defend the staff and Crean, blindly, but I would have played it the same way if I were them. Maybe we differ there. What would you have done, walked away? Prioritize who?