Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2014) SF Josh Cunningham to Bradley

Think he's more of a PF, but that's 3 for Bradley so far including another SF.

Brad Winton ‏@JucoRecruiting  2m
Former Washington State commit Jermaine Morgan of Moberly Area CC has committed to Bradley.

I hate it, but I feel like he's going to South Carolina.  I really wanted this kid to he a Hoosier.  I just can't make myself believe that we have a shot with him anymore.

The optimistic side of me says that he is clearly unsure of where he wants to attend, which I believe is proven in all the extra visits as of late and especially all the pushed back dates for an announcement.  So, being unsure makes me think - surely IU was the most appealing visit, most intriguing atmosphere, and best overall quality basketball school of all the possibilities on his plate..., right? 

But then the pessimistic side of me, and in this particular case- the realistic side, believes that he'll go with one of the schools he visited recently.  South Carolina or St. Johns.  Because if he really liked IU that much, why would he keep taking up lower level schools on their offers to visit?  Why would he push back his decision multiple times?  Is it only because he's unsure? Or is it the fact that he really just hasn't found what he's looking for yet?  My guess is, he went cold on IU after all the transfers and uncertainty around the program following the end of the season.  It was about that time when things seemed to cool off with him, and I haven't heard anything since then to make me feel like we're even in the running still.

Hopefully he surprises me!  He'd be a great addition for us!  Does anyone know when a decision will be made?

Wow, and to follow up my previous post... I now suddenly wonder how we're not in great shape with this guy.  I haven't really found much to go on as far as JC's personality or game style preferences. But I just found this youtube video w a recent interview... 

He literally sounds like he's describing Tom Crean's style (even the terminology with "deflections") when he talks about how he wants to play and his mindset is a perfect fit.  He also sounds like he wants to get out and run in transition.  And lastly, I know some of us thought maybe he wants to play outside, but this interview makes it seem more like he wants to do whatever is needed of him.  He mentions working on his post game.  Seems like a true 4 man to me, which is where we would play him.

Now I'm going to be even more frustrated if we don't land him... He sounds like a PERFECT fit!  How have we not sold him on our system and received a commitment from him yet???  Jeez...... :banghead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IgEevSHexg

Wow, and to follow up my previous post... I now suddenly wonder how we're not in great shape with this guy. I haven't really found much to go on as far as JC's personality or game style preferences. But I just found this youtube video w a recent interview...
He literally sounds like he's describing Tom Crean's style (even the terminology with "deflections") when he talks about how he wants to play and his mindset is a perfect fit. He also sounds like he wants to get out and run in transition. And lastly, I know some of us thought maybe he wants to play outside, but this interview makes it seem more like he wants to do whatever is needed of him. He mentions working on his post game. Seems like a true 4 man to me, which is where we would play him.

Now I'm going to be even more frustrated if we don't land him... He sounds like a PERFECT fit! How have we not sold him on our system and received a commitment from him yet??? Jeez...... :banghead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IgEevSHexg

He's from Chicago, unfortunately. And we , like MSU, don't play the game.

5 days ago (last thursday) Cunningham tweeted he would make his announcement next week.  So we should probably hear his college plans sometime in the next few days I hope, unless he postpones it again.   Would be a great player to add to the roster!

He's really dragging it out. Any reason why?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm not in his mind and as far as I know he hasn't said but I have a guess. Since he has been getting more interest coming his way he wants to check out all his options before deciding on his future. If you only have a few schools interested in you the decision isn't all that hard. If many start courting you late in the game it gets more complicated. It's a big decision.  He wants to take his time on it.

I just don't get why Bradley can even be in competition with IU here...  The Braves went 7-11 in the Missouri (misery) Valley Conference last year.  I live in Evansville and go to University of Evansville who's in the same conference, and there isn't a ton of talent outside of Wichita State (especially since Creighton left the conference). 

Only reason I see is that he could get more playing time? maybe..  But can anyone shine some light onto why Bradley might be one of our top competitors for Josh?

I just don't get why Bradley can even be in competition with IU here...  The Braves went 7-11 in the Missouri (misery) Valley Conference last year.  I live in Evansville and go to University of Evansville who's in the same conference, and there isn't a ton of talent outside of Wichita State (especially since Creighton left the conference). 

Only reason I see is that he could get more playing time? maybe..  But can anyone shine some light onto why Bradley might be one of our top competitors for Josh?

They have been there the longest. They have developed a relationship with JC and it is the school his Mom is most comfortable with. Their recent commitments do seem to hint that they don't feel good about their standing with JC but that's just speculation. I don't know where he is going but I wouldn't expect him to commit to IU.

fair enough...  It's really hard to determine where a kid will go, especially with unknown factors like family playing a role in what they want.  I hope his mom realizes that IU is a great academic program as well, if that's the reason she likes bradley.