Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Brian Knorr Named New DC

Pete Roussel ‏@coachingsearch 17m
Per source, Indiana coach Kevin Wilson has offered the DC position to Air Force assistant Brian Knorr. http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

Indiana: A source tells CoachingSearch that Kevin Wilson has offered the defensive coordinator job at Indiana to Air Force assistant Brian Knorr.  Knorr just recently joined the Air Force staff after serving as the defensive coordinator at Wake Forest the last couple of seasons. He coached under Jim Grobe at Wake Forest since 2008.

[quote name="ccgeneral" post="31068" timestamp="1390169174"]Brent Briggeman ‏@BrentBriggeman 12m
Source tells me Brian Knorr has already accepted defensive coordinator job at Indiana. Wow. Air Force program seems to have serious issues.[/quote]

This is friggin nuts!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Positive to this hire: air force's offense is a triple option. They play army and navy each year, who also have the triple option. Meaning he can hopefully coach against the triple option. Thank god. <br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

What does his track record as a defensive coordinator look like?

I wish I knew.  His wiki page pretty much just says who he is, and says he's the wide receiver coach at Wake Forest (yeah...).  I checked the Wake page and he's not listed on their staff.  He's not listed on the Air Force staff either.

According to Inside Indiana site was DC at Wake last 2 yrs, been with Wake since 08. Had accepted job to return to Air Force as DC, then we offered job. The beat writer for Air Force & Colo. St. sayed 2 sources told him he has accepted DC job for IU, but nothing official

IU_PIcks_DC  This is from the Indy Star.  Same info from above, probably.

In case the bbc didn't render:  http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2014/01/19/report-indiana-is-set-to-fill-its-vacant-defensive-coordinator-spot/4650165/

Yeah, they just refer to the same tweet from earlier.

It says Wake finished 32nd in yards and only allowed 24 points a game.  Well, that's certainly better than Mallory (okay, that's not a tough bar to clear).

Only the IU football program would look at Air Force or Wake Forest as a source for help on defense. I mean, really! Are we saying that there wasn't a single person willing to come to be the DC of the IU football program, from a team with a legitimate history of excellence? No one at FSU, LSU, Auburn? Hell, we could have offered the waterboy at Alabama the position and we'd have been better off than either Mallory or this new guy, Brian Knorr. I wonder if Glass had any say or input in to this call? It's like we're in the movie "Groundhog Day" and every day is the life and times of Charlie Brown.

Well, it tells us just how much Wilson values a defense; and by extension, his tenure at IU.

Really guys? Are we really going to complain? Everyone here was saying how they'd "rather have ANYONE than mallory" and now you're griping about "how stupid" of a hire this is. Just wait up and judge the hire at the end of next season when we can judge his actual work.

Edit: I guess this post was only directed to the guy right before me (sorry dude, hate to rip ya, but you don't need to get mad at the guy before he coaches a single game). However, Before anyone else goes off complaining about this hire, read this post!

Only the IU football program would look at Air Force or Wake Forest as a source for help on defense. I mean, really! Are we saying that there wasn't a single person willing to come to be the DC of the IU football program, from a team with a legitimate history of excellence? No one at FSU, LSU, Auburn? Hell, we could have offered the waterboy at Alabama the position and we'd have been better off than either Mallory or this new guy, Brian Knorr. I wonder if Glass had any say or input in to this call? It's like we're in the movie "Groundhog Day" and every day is the life and times of Charlie Brown.

Well, it tells us just how much Wilson values a defense; and by extension, his tenure at IU.

You live in a fantasy world if you think anyone associated with any of those programs would come to IU. 

This is post is incredibly stupid.... no offense