Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Naturalhoosier

I heard a DC rumor....

Heard it from a guy from another board who says he has inside info. This guy told us Barry Odom declined the job before that came out, he also told us Cody Latimer was going to leave before that came out, and apparently said something else too, but i missed that one. So this guy has been right a lot. He said Manny Diaz will be the DC with the D-line coach soon to follow 

Latimer and Coffman.  To be fair, both were already highly speculated so I wouldn't use those as proof of him having information.

When's the rumored hiring expected to be announced?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Today is a good day to be following @Rivals and @RivalsCamp ... You'll see why in a few hours ...

• Now the question here, is this about coaching, basketball recruiting, or football recruiting? Hell of a lot going on today at IU.

[quote name="HoosierReb01" post="30554" timestamp="1390065999"]

[url="https://twitter.com/JeffRabjohns"][b]Jeff Rabjohns[/b] ‏[size=3][color=rgb(187,187,187)]@[/color]JeffRabjohns[/size][/url][url="https://twitter.com/JeffRabjohns/status/424554822998953984"]3h[/url]
Today is a good day to be following [url="https://twitter.com/Rivals"][color=rgb(102,181,210)]@[/color]Rivals[/url] and [url="https://twitter.com/RivalsCamp"][color=rgb(102,181,210)]@[/color]RivalsCamp[/url] ... You'll see why in a few hours ...[size=3]

[url="https://twitter.com/JeffRabjohns/status/424554822998953984"][color=rgb(0,132,180)]Collapse[/color][/url][list]
[*][url="https://twitter.com/JeffRabjohns#"] [color=inherit]Reply[/color][/url]
[*][url="https://twitter.com/JeffRabjohns#"] [color=inherit]Retweet[/color][/url]
[*][url="https://twitter.com/JeffRabjohns#"] [color=inherit]Favorite[/color][/url]
[*]

[color=inherit]More[/color]
[/list]

[list]
[*]Now the question here, is this about coaching, basketball recruiting, or football recruiting? Hell of a lot going on today at IU.
[/list][/size][/quote]

He said it'd be good to follow. I don't care what it is as long as it's all good news. I'll take as much good news as possible.

Today is a good day to be following @Rivals and @RivalsCamp ... You'll see why in a few hours ...

• Now the question here, is this about coaching, basketball recruiting, or football recruiting? Hell of a lot going on today at IU.341-342-133-65097250

I think this is about football recruiting since he includes @rivalscamp which is a football camp for HS players

Diaz is known for running a pretty complicated defense. It was kind of beaten home by analysts that when he was at Texas is appeared that kids had some issues understanding their assignments on defense, and Diaz didn't want to simply the way he was running the defense. This would be a relatively big name hire for IU given his two previous jobs, though with mixed results obviously. I'd be interested to see how the defense handles a more complicated defense, and the fans too, heard plenty of comments all year about how vanilla our defense was last with Mallory, lots of those comments were from me. 

Diaz is known for running a pretty complicated defense. It was kind of beaten home by analysts that when he was at Texas is appeared that kids had some issues understanding their assignments on defense, and Diaz didn't want to simply the way he was running the defense. This would be a relatively big name hire for IU given his two previous jobs, though with mixed results obviously. I'd be interested to see how the defense handles a more complicated defense, and the fans too, heard plenty of comments all year about how vanilla our defense was last with Mallory, lots of those comments were from me. 

I don't think Diaz would fit at UNC.  If the kids are smart enough to take real college courses, don't think they'd be smart enough to learn a complicated defense lol. 

We seem to have smart players so maybe Diaz would work out well here.

I had a feeling it wasn't true. I can typically at least find something about these rumors but there wasn't anything about Diaz to IU anywhere.

Now he has.  Saying it was all but a done deal for Diaz but Knorr reached out and Wilson liked the idea of a 3-4 defense.  Also said we're close to a few more commits from good players.

I'm definitely going to take everything he posts with a generous portion of salt.  I'm not sure we have the personnel for a 3-4 scheme.

[quote name="JSHoosier" post="31175" timestamp="1390193742"]Now he has. Saying it was all but a done deal for Diaz but Knorr reached out and Wilson liked the idea of a 3-4 defense. Also said we're close to a few more commits from good players.

I'm definitely going to take everything he posts with a generous portion of salt. I'm not sure we have the personnel for a 3-4 scheme.[/quote]

I call complete BS lol. Diaz was never a done deal.

I'm not sure on a 3-4 either talent wise. I'll wait and see maybe our guys will surprise me.

I call complete BS lol. Diaz was never a done deal.

I'm not sure on a 3-4 either talent wise. I'll wait and see maybe our guys will surprise me.

We've got some players that could fill the DT role like Green, Richardson and Latham.  What I'm not sure is if we really have the players for the rangy DE/LB roles, or how Kenny would fit in that scheme.  It's gotten more popular, which just means the right type of players are at a premium.

I'll wait and see.  We would've gone bowling with even an average defense last year, and Wilson's tenure could hinge on making a good hire.

Sure everyone knows by now, but looks like Brian Knorr is the new DC and we picked up two huge defensive commits today. I'm stuck on top of a mountain...like all the way at the top. Not sure this will go through and can't get online to write an article but big day!

[quote name="JSHoosier" post="31177" timestamp="1390195203"]We've got some players that could fill the DT role like Green, Richardson and Latham. What I'm not sure is if we really have the players for the rangy DE/LB roles, or how Kenny would fit in that scheme. It's gotten more popular, which just means the right type of players are at a premium.

I'll wait and see. We would've gone bowling with even an average defense last year, and Wilson's tenure could hinge on making a good hire.[/quote]

I think Latham will make a good DE however like you I'm worried about the LB position. I don't think we have anyone to really fit the pass rushing LB spot unless we have a diamond in the rough or I'm just missing someone off the top of my head. I think if we can jump up into the Top 75 I think we'll easily go bowling. But any improvement really will help us get into a bowl.

As long as there is improvement I think Wilson bought himself another year because he'll be able to say they're trying to get players to fit the new scheme.

I really like the hire of Knorr. I am a fan of the 3-4 defense, and I think Bobby Richardson and Darius Latham can be very good 3-4 DE's. but like everyone else here, I am curious as to who the OLB's will be. I think Tegray Scales could end up being a good OLB, and David Kenney has potential too, but that will be an interesting position battle

I really like the hire of Knorr. I am a fan of the 3-4 defense, and I think Bobby Richardson and Darius Latham can be very good 3-4 DE's. but like everyone else here, I am curious as to who the OLB's will be. I think Tegray Scales could end up being a good OLB, and David Kenney has potential too, but that will be an interesting position battle

Yeah, Richardson and Latham at the ends is a thought but then I'd be worried about depth behind Green at NT.  Big boy will get tired having to hold his ground against double teams.  It's for the coaches to figure out though.