Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Naturalhoosier

I heard a DC rumor....

Everything I've read said he's done pretty well outside of Univ of Texas. 

I saw he achieved pretty good results there in his first year I believe. But then it went way downhill from there. Either way, i'm cautiously optimistic about him. I think he can get the job done. We don't need a great defense here

Yeah, so anybody know anything about him? He was with CKW at OU right?  Nvm, no he wasn't 

Well, he led the Longhorns to their worst D in program history.  So not sure how I'd feel about him given we had the worst D in conference history.

Before that though he was DC at Mississippi State, and turned their defense around.  Finished 22nd in scoring defense, 17th in rushing defense, and 17th in tackles for loss.  The year before he was hired they were 71st in scoring, 62nd. in rushing defense and 89th in tackles for loss.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manny_Diaz_(American_football)

His name was mentioned right when Mallory got fired. This is an old rumor.

I don't know how I'd feel about him however.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

No, we heard he, well at least I heard he will be the defensive coordinator 

[quote name="Hoosierfan2223" post="30479" timestamp="1390027976"]No, we heard he, well at least I heard he will be the defensive coordinator [/quote] Provide a link then or something. I've seen nothing anywhere about it. I've seen his name mentioned for our job and other jobs but I've not seen anything that says he will be our new DC. I don't know how I'd feel about the hire if it's true. He didn't do much with far better talent at Texas. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

[quote name="dalton26" post="30480" timestamp="1390031889"]Provide a link then or something. I've seen nothing anywhere about it. I've seen his name mentioned for our job and other jobs but I've not seen anything that says he will be our new DC. I don't know how I'd feel about the hire if it's true. He didn't do much with far better talent at Texas. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app[/quote]

It was mentioned on another board by someone who said he got from inside the football program.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="8bucks" post="30511" timestamp="1390059927"]It was mentioned on another board by someone who said he got from inside the football program.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

I was just curious because again I've seen nothing mentioned. I've seen Diaz mentioned more about getting a job at FSU than anything.

Provide a link then or something. I've seen nothing anywhere about it. I've seen his name mentioned for our job and other jobs but I've not seen anything that says he will be our new DC. I don't know how I'd feel about the hire if it's true. He didn't do much with far better talent at Texas. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Heard it from a guy from another board who says he has inside info. This guy told us Barry Odom declined the job before that came out, he also told us Cody Latimer was going to leave before that came out, and apparently said something else too, but i missed that one. So this guy has been right a lot. He said Manny Diaz will be the DC with the D-line coach soon to follow 

[quote name="Hoosierfan2223" post="30546" timestamp="1390063957"]Heard it from a guy from another board who says he has inside info. This guy told us Barry Odom declined the job before that came out, he also told us Cody Latimer was going to leave before that came out, and apparently said something else too, but i missed that one. So this guy has been right a lot. He said Manny Diaz will be the DC with the D-line coach soon to follow [/quote]

None of those were really surprises though. I'm a skeptic. I'm a I need to see it to believe it type. Typically if there was any truth to it, it'd likely at least pop up somewhere. It very well could be true but I wont put much stock in it until it happens.

None of those were really surprises though. I'm a skeptic. I'm a I need to see it to believe it type. Typically if there was any truth to it, it'd likely at least pop up somewhere. It very well could be true but I wont put much stock in it until it happens.

fair enough