Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) C Thon Maker

I agree with Dalton on this.  Sorry, couldn't reply from work.  Its not unfathomable.  We have one of the top 10 backcourts in America now.  Its our frontcourt that is sorely lacking.  If you add someone like this that can not only move, but take the ball up the court?  Wow.  This dude is legit, but I don't believe his commit would be as huge for IU now, as Cody Zeller was in 2010 (YET).  Back then we were questioning not only would IU ever land another top recruit, but would Indiana bring in players from this state who could go anywhere.  Cody Zeller was such a Knight type of prospect it got the whole fanbase excited about IU basketball in a way I hadn't seen in 20 years.  Maybe I just see it differently than others which is fine.  That is just why I feel the way I do.  That is why I think someone like Thon Maker could be as important.  The same as when Zeller came there is a huge need in the frontcourt.  Backcourt is solid.  That is the same.  He isn't the Indiana boy that Zeller is, which can't be understated imo.  He is a superior talent at this stage that could be an even bigger impact player than Zeller.  That is where he could be as big if not bigger than Zeller. 

I think I have the theme song for that fan club! (Let me see that Thon-aThon, Thon, Thon)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW48AYVULqc

http://youtu.be/QHg9VVkE9Bk

I nominate...

Hey Crean! "Don't drop that ThonThonThon AYYYEEE don't drop that ThonThonThon".

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Count me in!

We need a Twitter and Facebook account to make it official though.

Sent from my sarcastic iPhone using BrownBanners

I don't do Facebook but would definitely follow on Twitter. Make it happen

Check my stats using BtownBanners

I really like Thon, but I hope we aren't getting ahead of ourselves here.  We have had good vibes early for several recruits over the last year only to be let down.  I hope we get him, but not getting too excited just yet!