Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) C Thon Maker

might be a replacement recruit for a certain someone going pro. Might depend on extenuating circumstances.

I'm feeling more like "they didn't promise us what we wanted."  Thon will probably have a really good year in college next season before heading to the NBA.  I just see him in the Ben Simmons mold at a place like ASU.  Just a guess though.

@brainsnow

NBA is going to have to make some decisions. Thon Maker is now trying to get eligible for draft, other 5th yr HS kids will be watching

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

So much for wanting to play in college

Those reports before the season started seem to be right

Jeff Goodman @GoodmanESPN

Thon Maker's "guy", Ed Smith, told me -- and everyone -- that Thon was 100 percent going to college. What a joke this guy is.

Jeff Goodman @GoodmanESPN

It's really sad cause Thon Maker seems like a terrific terrific kid. Unfortunately, has been given poor advice over and over by Ed Smith

Jeremy Woo @Jeremy_Woo

Not a secret, but Thon Maker’s not close to NBA ready. To me a borderline first-rounder. D-League maybe.

I've been saying this the entire time about Smith. Guy is not very smart/good for Thon and Matur. Good kids with a greedy guardian.

49 minutes ago, IU Hoosier41 said:

Damn forgot all about him

I remember setting alerts on his name on twitter and news apps just waiting to see if he'd decide to play in college because I knew he would come here if he did. Broke my meaty heart when I saw that draft headline.

I remember setting alerts on his name on twitter and news apps just waiting to see if he'd decide to play in college because I knew he would come here if he did. Broke my meaty heart when I saw that draft headline.

He would have been a lot of fun to watch at IU if he were healthy. I don't think that season would have been much better though.

What if his transcripts were going to be a problem and Smith knew it.

Thon Maker's guardian said several times "He's not going through what Cheick (Diallo) went through." Diallo had to sit out to start at KU.

What if based on that they did the 5th year in HS with this as a probable strategy.

The NCAA clearinghouse and eligibility group has been slow and inconsistent for years. It might not be greed but a strategy.