Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) C Thon Maker

[quote name="hoosierpap" post="71172" timestamp="1403408415"]Yeah, I sorta thought I mentioned my source on that. Here's the [url="http://247sports.com/Player/Thon-Maker-20987"]link[/url] and you can see that the latest predictions have fallen our way.[/quote]

Seeing a Duke guy and Meyer give us the nod is a nice sight. Not getting any hopes up though. There is a LOOONNNGGG way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="71197" timestamp="1403451788"]That is GREAT early news. Hope for a reclass to 2015 next. Wow. My hopes are officially up![/quote]

A reclass seems to improve our chances significantly, imo.

[quote name="Hovadipo" post="71184" timestamp="1403417996"]Seeing a Duke guy and Meyer give us the nod is a nice sight. Not getting any hopes up though. There is a LOOONNNGGG way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote] Andrew Slater and Meyers usually don't make changes like that until they know something significant. Very interesting.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

[quote name="jurkinonthecourt" post="71206" timestamp="1403461626"]Andrew Slater and Meyers usually don't make changes like that until they know something significant. Very interesting.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.[/quote]

Do you know who Meyer originally picked? Or is that his initial prediction?

[quote name="Hovadipo" post="71208" timestamp="1403461758"]Do you know who Meyer originally picked? Or is that his initial prediction?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote] No, I don't. But those might have been their first picks for him because it doesn't indicate that they flipped their pick.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

[quote name="hoosierpap" post="71204" timestamp="1403459952"]A reclass seems to improve our chances significantly, imo.

Why would a reclassify improve our chances significantly? Sorry if I've missed something

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

[quote name="yogisballin" post="71219" timestamp="1403465557"]Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

Two things, really.

Crean's message initially seems to be a pretty good one. He seems to do better when we get involved close to decision time and not in the drawn out recruitments.

Combine that with the fluidity in recruiting and I think it would serve IU better that he reclassify.

Is he still only 200 pounds? You'd almost have to assume he'd be looking to add more muscle to his frame for long term. If memory serves me correctly both Cody and Noah added a good amount of muscle in their time here

Saw the recent video of Thon battling Skal Labasierre. Thon looked like he was strong and lean; very "young Cody" type frame.

He will have NO problem competing (dominating?) inside from day one in college.

Saw the recent video of Thon battling Skal Labasierre. Thon looked like he was strong and lean; very "young Cody" type frame.

He will have NO problem competing (dominating?) inside from day one in college.

Oh I don't see him struggling much in college. But professional teams are definitely going to want him to add more muscle so he can battle down low against some of the big dudes in the NBA. That stuff could at the very least be another selling point for us

Unofficial visit to Kansas today for Thon and Mizzou tomorrow. Not the news I wanted.

Not a problem.

Never expected him to only consider/visit IU. Simply thrilled that we are apparently right in the thick of it as one of the frontrunners!