Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) C Thon Maker

To no one’s surprise, UK, U of L and Indiana University are all recruiting Maker, rated the nation’s No. 1 sophomore by ESPN.com.

After growing up playing soccer, Maker, a native of South Sudan who spent his adolescent years in Australia, has quickly become an elite basketball prospect with size, skill and loads of potential. Smith, who coached him at his Next Level basketball academy in Australia and brought him to this country in eighth grade, handles all of the recruiting calls.

Smith said just about every major program has expressed interest, listing UK, U of L, Duke, Kansas, Ohio State, UCLA, Virginia, Georgetown and Arizona as some of the main ones. UCLA, Virginia, Arizona, North Carolina State and Georgetown already have offered scholarships.

Asked about IU, Smith said the Hoosiers also are on Maker’s list.

[quote name="IUfan_Charlie" post="36874" timestamp="1392067712"]He's insane, if he adds weight... watch out. [/quote]

I don't even know what position he would play. I'd guess the KD "stretch 3", but he looks like he could play all 5 positions.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I don't even know what position he would play. I'd guess the KD "stretch 3", but he looks like he could play all 5 positions.

He's 7' tall though... My guess is PF, maybe a little center when he gets older. Reminds me of Kevin Garnett. 

[quote name="IUfan_Charlie" post="36878" timestamp="1392068577"]He's 7' tall though... My guess is PF, maybe a little center when he gets older. Reminds me of Kevin Garnett. [/quote]

Yeah I know he's 7 foot, but like you said he needs some bulk if he wants to play in the post. You could have him in a 4 out 1 in offense. I'd like to see what Je'ney could do with him...haha.

Yeah I know he's 7 foot, but like you said he needs some bulk if he wants to play in the post. You could have him in a 4 out 1 in offense. I'd like to see what Je'ney could do with him...haha.

KG was really skinny in high school as well, http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1005/kevin.garnett.rare.photos/images/001344995.jpg

[quote name="IUfan_Charlie" post="36881" timestamp="1392068851"]KG was really skinny in high school as well, [url="http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1005/kevin.garnett.rare.photos/images/001344995.jpg"]http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1005/kevin.garnett.rare.photos/images/001344995.jpg[/url][/quote]

He looks like Durant does now.

[quote name="IUfan_Charlie" post="36885" timestamp="1392070305"]Compared to when he was in high school, yes. [/quote]

Well yeah. I would hope. I would realistically put KD at about 220-230 right now. I know he's listed at 240, but he's also "listed" at 6'9. There's no way.

AUS BBALL PROSPECTS ‏@australianbball  2h
Mike Krzyzewski (Duke) & Tom Crean (Indiana) were both in the building to watch Aussie 2016 C Thon Maker (@ThonMaker14) at @adidasuprising

I hope they both accidentally hold an Incan wish bowl and switch brains. Or maybe go out for some Pei-Pei's and get special fortunes. Whatever it takes.