Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) C Thon Maker

4 hours ago, biteoftheapple said:

I am unsure if Thon was the first to attempt this, being a fifth year player. But, I am unhappy with the NBA decision here. Many will follow.

I don't know that it will happen too much, it's really just for the guys with questionable academics or questionable ethics/handlers. 

Would you rather play at Oak Hill or Orangeville Prep, or at IU, Duke, UK, Kansas, etc.? Play in high school gyms, or play in front of millions on TV? 

I don't know that it will happen too much, it's really just for the guys with questionable academics or questionable ethics/handlers. 

Would you rather play at Oak Hill or Orangeville Prep, or at IU, Duke, UK, Kansas, etc.? Play in high school gyms, or play in front of millions on TV? 

What I prefer is the college game. In my view, the model that the NCAA And major league baseball have would work just as well in basketball. I seldom watch more than 1 quarter of an NBA game. I just do not care for many facets of it.

23 minutes ago, biteoftheapple said:

What I prefer is the college game. In my view, the model that the NCAA And major league baseball have would work just as well in basketball. I seldom watch more than 1 quarter of an NBA game. I just do not care for many facets of it.

I think a win-win would be players can go right out of high school but if they go to college they have to stay two years. I think three would be too much and cause a lot of guys to declare out of high school that simply aren't close to ready. 

On the NBA, I think you're missing out. The NBA, especially the playoffs, have been fantastic the last 5 years or so. So many great superstars in their prime, and the NBA has returned to a skill game with ball movement and player movement. It's great right now. 

13 hours ago, biteoftheapple said:

I enjoy the college game much more, but you really need to check out the Warriors. They are incredibly fun to watch, and I'm a Pacers fan. Steph Curry is probably the most fun player I've ever seen in my life, his handles, shooting ability, passing, etc. 

I enjoy the college game much more, but you really need to check out the Warriors. They are incredibly fun to watch, and I'm a Pacers fan. Steph Curry is probably the most fun player I've ever seen in my life, his handles, shooting ability, passing, etc. 

Why do I need to do that. I did not tell anyone not to watch, more power to all fans. The pro game just does not keep my attentions, for whatever reason.

3 minutes ago, biteoftheapple said:

Why do I need to do that. I did not tell anyone not to watch, more power to all fans. The pro game just does not keep my attentions, for whatever reason.

They don't play like a typical pro team, it's a much different style that combines a lot of scoring with some solid defense. You're free to do whatever you want.