Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) C Thon Maker

Christian Watford has been Crean's best 4 at IU. If CWat was a little more athletic he would have been the ideal 4. I'm not sure Crean could coach a team with a true 5 and a true 4 on the floor at the same time. If Thon were to play at IU I hope we see 2 of 3 of Bryant, Holt, and Maker.

But Cody and Watford could hold down the fort a bit. Look at the massive difference between Troy and Watford. That's 2 inches and 30-40 pounds. Troy just can't hold that spot. That's all there is to it. Troy is soooo much smaller than Wat was. We also had Vic.. we tried playing Rob in that spot.. not going to work. Vic was 6-5 and Rob is at best 6-3. Plus Vic had the strength, speed and shoulders to play that spot. As far as we know RJ isn't on the planet as Vic in athleticism or even galaxy. RJ is very under the rim. Size hurts this team if the same lineup is used as last year.

Christian Watford has been Crean's best 4 at IU. If CWat was a little more athletic he would have been the ideal 4. I'm not sure Crean could coach a team with a true 5 and a true 4 on the floor at the same time. If Thon were to play at IU I hope we see 2 of 3 of Bryant, Holt, and Maker.

Yeah, how could a coach not play Bryant and Maker together even Crean???? LOL
Cal or any other coach in NCAA would die to have the front court of Bryant, Maker, and Williams!

There is little chance anyone would start over Troy. Maker could come in early, but only an injury would allow him to start. Crean won't change his starting lineup at mid-season, but it would be a fun group to watch.

. Are you SURE he wouldn't change his lineup midseason? Or are you just thinking there's no way he'd be foolish enough to do something like this? I remember the days when I had faith in our coach's strategic abilities. Those were the days.

Hammer never looked anywhere close to Maker's skills.

I think he meant from a physical standpoint.

I remember everyone going apes hit over Hanner and being afraid he was a one and done. All over a bunch of highlight mixes.

While I agree Maker looks like a stud he's also an unproven player at this level. I'd love to have him but will restrain myself from expecting the second coming.

He actually looks really raw to me.

I think he meant from a physical standpoint.

I remember everyone going apes hit over Hanner and being afraid he was a one and done. All over a bunch of highlight mixes.

While I agree Maker looks like a stud he's also an unproven player at this level. I'd love to have him but will restrain myself from expecting the second coming.

He actually looks really raw to me.

All Hanner's mix tapes showed was him dunking. Maker's show him handling the ball, passing, his shooting ability, driving, and of course dunking. There is a lot more depth to Maker's mix tapes. I don't expect "the second coming" either but his fundamentals are up there as well.

All Hanner's mix tapes showed was him dunking. Maker's show him handling the ball, passing, his shooting ability, driving, and of course dunking. There is a lot more depth to Maker's mix tapes. I don't expect "the second coming" either but his fundamentals are up there as well.

I agree but he needs to get a lot stronger.

The few times I've seen him he seems easily moved,not very strong in his lower body.

But then again he wont be playing the post.

Don't get me wrong,I'm as stoked as anyone with the prospect of him joining the team.

Just think we should temper expectations sometimes.

Go Hoosiers!

. Are you SURE he wouldn't change his lineup midseason? Or are you just thinking there's no way he'd be foolish enough to do something like this? I remember the days when I had faith in our coach's strategic abilities. Those were the days.

Maker's guardian said recently how Indiana had a plan to work Thon into the lineup.  There is no way he comes on campus and starts immediately.  He may not start, but I would expect his minutes to continue to increase.  An injury could allow him to be in the starting lineup at some point.  Maybe he continues to start depending on the situation.

I agree but he needs to get a lot stronger.

The few times I've seen him he seems easily moved,not very strong in his lower body.

But then again he wont be playing the post.

Don't get me wrong,I'm as stoked as anyone with the prospect of him joining the team.

Just think we should temper expectations sometimes.

Go Hoosiers!

Thon runs the court like Cody. He handles the ball like Cody does now that he is in the NBA. I have seen several clips of Cody leading fast breaks and driving from the 3 point line to the basket.

I am not worried about his strength.  He looks to have a build like Kevin Garnett and looks as strong, if not stronger, as Cody coming into school.

I'm not too concerned with Thon Maker leaving after a 1/2 season. The way I look at it? He is a consensus late first round pick at this point. If he comes in and plays to that late first round potential, and IU gets him for an entire offseason and the following season. If he leaves after 1/2 season? That would mean he came in and played lights out, thrusting himself into the lottery. If he plays well enough to take himself from late first round to lotto, then we will have gotten our use out of him.