Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) C Thon Maker

New video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xu4TORKtP4

I would compare Thon to Cody in the ability to run the court, but he handles the ball better than Cody. It is hard to tell from a clip like this, but he seems to have good hands.  He can also face the basket and beat someone off the dribble. His frame and ability  reminds me of Kevin Garnett. 

If he were to come in at mid-season, he could find a way to help.  He might not start over Troy, but he would be an awfully hard match-up off the bench.

Imagine if we could kidnap Crean so we could see Williams, Maker, and Bryant on the court together with Yogi and JBJ!.

I would compare Thon to Cody in the ability to run the court, but he handles the ball better than Cody. It is hard to tell from a clip like this, but he seems to have good hands. He can also face the basket and beat someone off the dribble. His frame and ability reminds me of Kevin Garnett.

If he were to come in at mid-season, he could find a way to help. He might not start over Troy, but he would be an awfully hard match-up off the bench.

Imagine if we could kidnap Crean so we could see Williams, Maker, and Bryant on the court together with Yogi and JBJ!.

if we'd be thinking about him starting over Troy then our lineup is already screwed up.

if we'd be thinking about him starting over Troy then our lineup is already screwed up.

There is little chance anyone would start over Troy. Maker could come in early, but only an injury would allow him to start.  Crean won't change his starting lineup at mid-season, but it would be a fun group to watch. 

There is little chance anyone would start over Troy. Maker could come in early, but only an injury would allow him to start. Crean won't change his starting lineup at mid-season, but it would be a fun group to watch.

Him starting over Troy means that Troy is again playing out of position out of pure stupidity from the coaching staff. There is no reason Troy plays the 4 when we have Colin, Holt and Morgan who will be able top handle that spot so much better.

I'm seeing ASU pop up for several high rates recruits and transfers. Questionable.

Sendek had some success at ASU, and Bobby Hurley had success at Buffalo before taking over at ASU. I imagine he learned a little something about recruiting from Coach K. Hurley has the pedigree to succeed and draw recruits to ASU. 

ASU has a lot to offer - high level conference, great campus, great weather, lots of coeds, and now a proven coach with name recognition and a direct link to the biggest name in all of CBB. 

Plus sweet logo and mascot - Sun Devils? Nice. Not to mention a pretty famous bball alum in James Harden emerging as one of the NBA's best guards. 

Having said all that, it terms of basketball the aren't even in the same ballpark as IU. If Thon goes to ASU, and he very well could, it would NOT be because of it's basketball past/future. 

ASU has a lot to offer - high level conference, great campus, great weather, lots of coeds, and now a proven coach with name recognition and a direct link to the biggest name in all of CBB. 

Plus sweet logo and mascot - Sun Devils? Nice. Not to mention a pretty famous bball alum in James Harden emerging as one of the NBA's best guards. 

Having said all that, it terms of basketball the aren't even in the same ballpark as IU. If Thon goes to ASU, and he very well could, it would NOT be because of it's basketball past/future. 

At first I thought that maybe it was the climate in Arizona he liked. The program was the least of the schools mentioned, so it had to be something else.  Then I remembered he has been living in Canada. Btown would have better weather than Canada.  It isn't like he is going to be in Bloomington forever. 

Thon is learning the 5 right now. By the time he gets to DIV1 he will be way better than you can believe. His footwork is fantastic and he had some of the best trainers. I think his tie to ASU is the assistant coach who is friends with Maker's handler

I'm seeing ASU pop up for several high rates recruits and transfers. Questionable.

They actually have a coach that has a name in recruiting circles, who also came off a very good season at a mid major. I think Bobby Hurley is a youn coach to watch. With his dad being a king of prep basketball, his Duke days, NBA, and now mid major coaching resume, we could be seeing the rise of the next star young coach. Or we could see him flame out within the next 3-4 years.

They actually have a coach that has a name in recruiting circles, who also came off a very good season at a mid major. I think Bobby Hurley is a youn coach to watch. With his dad being a king of prep basketball, his Duke days, NBA, and now mid major coaching resume, we could be seeing the rise of the next star young coach. Or we could see him flame out within the next 3-4 years.

Im sure if Crean has a rough year, his name will get tossed around.

Him starting over Troy means that Troy is again playing out of position out of pure stupidity from the coaching staff. There is no reason Troy plays the 4 when we have Colin, Holt and Morgan who will be able top handle that spot so much better.

Yeah, this just kills me...If Crean was a good enough coach he would coach too his team's strength. If Maker comes to IU I still see him starting 5-TB, 4-Troy, 3-RoJo, 2-JBJ, 1-Yogi. With all those talented true 4's on the bench. Next years lineup would be scary with Holt or even Hartman at the 4 and Troy playing his natural position at the 3. RoJo should spell Yogi or JBJ as our 6th man off the bench IMO. If Maker comes to IU things should get interesting. I don't see Maker coming unless he's told he has a starting spot.

Christian Watford has been Crean's best 4 at IU.  If CWat was a little more athletic he would have been the ideal 4.  I'm not sure Crean could coach a team with a true 5 and a true 4 on the floor at the same time.  If Thon were to play at IU I hope we see 2 of 3 of Bryant, Holt, and Maker.