Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoosierBeezo

Message to All IU Fans: 17-2 , 5-1

I posted this on peegs, wanted to do the same here bc of all the negativity this team is getting on twitter & peegs.

I will take that record any time and we are about to hit february. What is there to complain about? We have 3 road wins in the B1G and it doesn't matter who it's against, just ask UofL, Minny, Duke and Butler if they would take a single digit road win against the teams they've lost too. It's like CTC has been saying, a road win in the conference IS A GOOD WIN!

Yes, we are not scoring the way we were scoring in november and december, that is because the teams are better and they understand that the only chance they have to beat us is slowing the game down. And like I posted last night on another forum, I believe the refs are taking us out of our flow offensively. They are blowing their whistles every minute of game time. We play 40mins of basketball and they called 48 fouls and they couldve called plenty more because Zeller is being mugged! Against Wisky, 41 fouls called. Against Minny, 40 fouls called but we scored 88pts bc we hit 26ft. Against North Carolina, there was only 28 fouls called. With less whistles, our team gets into a great flow offensively.

This team is going to be dangerous once all the pieces come together. Yogi is knocking down shots he missed earlier, Sheehey broke out of his slump, Oladipo was Oladipo, Watford is getting aggessively a lil more each time & Perea/Hollowell/Creek got to get more minutes on the floor. Between injuries and suspensions, this team is overcoming a lot, including silly fan critics. They hear them. Just listen to Oladipo after last nights game, I felt bad for them.

Zeller will not have games like he did last night, this team IS a Final Four and a National Title contender. Lets be happy with a 1pt win or a 30pt win. Any win is a good win sloppy or not.

Our fanbase is suppose to be the best in CBB, lets show it.. We stood by them through the lean troubled years, lets show them our support now that they've built through hard work and a passion of playing for that jersey that says INDIANA across their chest, Coach Crean and the players have earned it!!

Go Hoosiers!! It's Indiana!!

GREAT post Beezo. Couldn't agree with you more. I think people just get frustrated with seeing IU struggle (I use this term loosely. People considered up 14 AT HALF vs PSU struggling) against teams.

A large part of this is due to our weak preconference schedule were we were able to get up and run vs teams. Putting up 90+ ppg and dominating the tempo of the game allowed us to play fast. Like you pointed out, teams are slowing the game down. We can thank Wisconsin and Butler for that!

I'm glad you posted this. It's about to be sent out to Hoosier Nation.

17-2 on 1/24/13.... I'll take that EVERY season.

GREAT post Beezo. Couldn't agree with you more. I think people just get frustrated with seeing IU struggle (I use this term loosely. People considered up 14 AT HALF vs PSU struggling) against teams. A large part of this is due to our weak preconference schedule were we were able to get up and run vs teams. Putting up 90+ ppg and dominating the tempo of the game allowed us to play fast. Like you pointed out, teams are slowing the game down. We can thank Wisconsin and Butler for that! I'm glad you posted this. It's about to be sent out to Hoosier Nation. 17-2 on 1/24/13.... I'll take that EVERY season.

Thanks 41! 

I concur.  Look at our two losses.  One was in DOT against a Butler team that is currently ranked #9 in the country and the other was only by 6 to a Wisconsin team that is 5th in the best conference in the country and was leading the BigTen at the time.  Hardly something to scoff at.  On the other hand, I do think our losses could have been avoided and are largely to blame on coaching.  I think CTC is a fantastic recruiter and really connects with his players, though I don't agree with his use of timeouts and substitutions at times.  Not having Zeller in the game at the end vs Butler was clearly a mistake.  Had he been in the game, Alex Barlow never gets in the lane that deep whether by force or intimidation.  Against Wisconsin, we stuck to our starters too much.  Hulls had one of his worst games with 4PTS 25FG% 2REB 3AST 3TO and played 32 minutes.  Sheehey and Abell who played 17 and 14 minutes had zero points.  We have a VERY deep team, sometimes the guy you don't expect is the one to step up and CTC didn't find him that game.  The use of Perea, Hollowell, and Jurkin even to get in the middle and push around Bruesewitz, Berggren, Evans, and Dekker may have frustrated their game and created more fouls forcing Bo Ryan to go deeper into his bench where we have the advantage.

Thank God someone agrees. I was at the game last night, and all I heard from the "fans" around me was complaints. There was not one good thing said about any player or run of play. I was appalled. I will never understand the newfound intense criticism these people are giving this team.

GREAT post Beezo. Couldn't agree with you more. I think people just get frustrated with seeing IU struggle (I use this term loosely. People considered up 14 AT HALF vs PSU struggling) against teams. A large part of this is due to our weak preconference schedule were we were able to get up and run vs teams. Putting up 90+ ppg and dominating the tempo of the game allowed us to play fast. Like you pointed out, teams are slowing the game down. We can thank Wisconsin and Butler for that! I'm glad you posted this. It's about to be sent out to Hoosier Nation. 17-2 on 1/24/13.... I'll take that EVERY season.

Ummm, hate to bring this up, but in another thread, YOU were one of those people frustrated with the performance of the first half last night...

As a lifelong Hoosier fan, I have absolutely no problem with our record or single digit road wins in the Big Ten.  When I look at the entire picture of this season (and future seasons), the issue that may need to be addressed is the pre-Big Ten schedule.  As the college basketball landscape stands currently, Georgetown and Butler are the only two quality opponents IU played before conference play.  We took both of those games to overtime and won one... that sends off alarm bells.  I think we should be looking for anywhere between 4 & 7 quality opponents prior to the BT season, including a couple top 10 marquee opponents.  The Big Ten season is tough, and I do believe teams have to be careful about creating too tough a preseason schedule, but obviously the gap in competition between current preseason opponents and BT opponents is too large.

6-25... That's all that I should have to say to any true fan. 6-25. If you were a true fan, you still cheered. I'm already very tired of all these bandwagon fans who only cheer because we're realevent again. Buying up all the seats in Assembly Hall (usually donating extra, pushing us who have been ticket owners higher up) just to grumble because they don't think we're playing well. (side note: if you screw up the clapping cadence during the fight song, I know you don't belong. I can spot you a mile away) 6-25. How dare you complain 17-2/5-1. If you want to come into Assembly Hall and complain, get the Hell out, give your ticket to a true fan who would cheer through a 6-25 season. We've earned nothing. We're entitled to nothing. We support this team because they are our Indiana Hoosiers. I bleed Cream and Crimson, do you?

Well said beezo! We all need to give our guys big props considering what they have been through to get this program respectable again, and I think by march the big crimson beast will awaken with a serious thirst for blood.

If your going to say 6-25.. I might as well say 32-0.......If you continue to look behind you will always lose sight of whats ahead.....do you think when crean is coaching and Zeller misses a layup that Crean continues to bring up that one missed layup? no, Next play!... I'm tired of people giving the excuse on the 2 losses IU has on "oh well 4 year ago we were 6-25" SO WHAT!!!! thats OVER!!!!! and in 76' IU was 32-0....I understand IU was bad 4 years ago, and 3 years ago and even 2, but don't hate fans of IU just because they jumped on the bandwagon, welcome them with open arms and stop living in the past.

If your going to say 6-25.. I might as well say 32-0.......If you continue to look behind you will always lose sight of whats ahead.....do you think when crean is coaching and Zeller misses a layup that Crean continues to bring up that one missed layup? no, Next play!... I'm tired of people giving the excuse on the 2 losses IU has on "oh well 4 year ago we were 6-25" SO WHAT!!!! thats OVER!!!!! and in 76' IU was 32-0....I understand IU was bad 4 years ago, and 3 years ago and even 2, but don't hate fans of IU just because they jumped on the bandwagon, welcome them with open arms and stop living in the past.

Going from 6-25 to where we are now is a pretty good accomplishment, and Hoosier fans are DAMN PROUD of how far the team has come. All except for you it seems. You seem to ***** about everything that gets posted here, I guess you're the only true IU fan, so please guide us oh great one, tell us "fakes" what we are supposed to think, and what we should be proud of, because we are obviously all wrong.

all i'm saying is, I don't like when people bring this up as an excuse, that is what it is an excuse! people get mad at bandwagon jumpers MrYuk, Why does it matter if they like IU now compared to 4 years ago? It's my opinion that I don't like Hoosier fans bringing up a bad season to make the 2 losses seem okay. I'm not trying to make anyone mad. I'm voicing my opinion. I'm a proud hoosier MrYuk some things i just don't like.

That's my point, nobody is using it as an excuse...they/we/whoever....are using it as a milestone, I guess you could say. Should we not be proud of going from **** to gold? They learned from their mistakes and matured from it. You as a Hoosier fan SHOULD be proud of the accomplishment. And I don't know who you're calling a "bandwagon fan" because I was born and raised a Hoosier fan, and I have supported our program through thick and thin for 34 years. Also, I wasn't only referring to this post as far as what I said about you bitchin, you said on the topic of MSUs jerseys that IU fans were "bashing" other schools. I can tell you that I'm pretty sure no one was bashing anybody. Fans talk trash about games/teams all the time....it builds excitement, it creates energy, it makes the game fun. I have absolutely no problem with you voicing your opinion, that's why this forum was started, but when you start acting like everybody is out of line as fans, that's where I get aggravated.

• Members
  • bullet_black.png
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

I don't have a problem with specialty jerseys; when the team is at home. I wonder why Michigan State feels the need to bring these to Bloomington? Do they think it's going to provide extra motivation? It comes off as cocky to me.

...seems like bashing to me.

do you remember saying this MrYuk "I agree, it does seem like a cocky gesture, and hopefully it does give our boys extra motivation to stomp em....BADLY.....I'm all about tradition and no school is more traditional than "the glory of olde IU."

....seems like bashing to me

MrYuk, when the post is 17-2 and somebody brings up 6-25, what do you honestly think they are meaning? I took it as an excuse. I Don't want to make anyone mad, I'm a hoosier, your a hoosier, we are all hoosiers. I appologize if it  came off wrong, but thats the way i interpreted the 6-25 saying

...sorry about grammer errors

Things are getting heated in here. This is how I feel, All I want is for the Hoosiers to win every game all of the time. In my opinion as a Hoosier fan that is not to much to ask for. I will trash talk any and every other team as well as get upset with every loss. They call us Fans for a reason, its short for fanatic.

noun

a person with an extreme and uncritical enthusiasm or zeal, as in religion or politics.

adjective

fanatical.

There's always gonna be bandwagon fans who just root for whoever is  good.  There's alot more cream and crimson in my school over the last year, but for some reason a lot less black and gold.  Only thing you can do is try to get them to see the tradition in IU basketball so god forbid the next time we have a down year they stay with the team.

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:08 PMI don't have a problem with specialty jerseys; when the team is at home. I wonder why Michigan State feels the need to bring these to Bloomington? Do they think it's going to provide extra motivation? It comes off as cocky to me. ...seems like bashing to me.do you remember saying this MrYuk "I agree, it does seem like a cocky gesture, and hopefully it does give our boys extra motivation to stomp em....BADLY.....I'm all about tradition and no school is more traditional than "the glory of olde IU."....seems like bashing to meMrYuk, when the post is 17-2 and somebody brings up 6-25, what do you honestly think they are meaning? I took it as an excuse. I Don't want to make anyone mad, I'm a hoosier, your a hoosier, we are all hoosiers. I appologize if it  came off wrong, but thats the way i interpreted the 6-25 saying...sorry about grammer errors

Yes I remember saying it, did you not read what I posted? It's not bashing, it's trash talk to build hype for the game. You're obviously missing my point. So I'm done, and for the record I don't see any reason for you to apologize, you just said some things that rubbed me wrong, I voiced my opinion and you voiced yours, that's what this forum is for right?

Look, I will treat NEW IU fans as well as I treat the lifetimers like myself.  I'm not saying that fans shouldn't be upset with a loss, but to bash on the Coach who took this job and ressurected it doesn't deserve it.  I'm pretty sure he knows more about the game of basketball than any of us do.  Will he make mistakes, i'm sure he will, just like every other coach including coach Knight and coach K.

But, my post was saying as long as these kids are giving 100% for us FANATICS as you say, then why talk crap about them?  I would be the 1st person on here or twitter griping about these Hoosiers if they showed no heart for wearing that jersey.  We don't have this problem, these kids love wearing INDIANA across their chest and play very very hard for the Coach, Teammates, University and us Fans!

I do not and will not understand peoples dislike or flat out mean posts that i've seen criticizing VJ3, Pritchard, Hulls, Watford & Zeller... those kids came into IU and worked their ass off, just because their god given ability isn't what makes you happy, or because someone was a preseason POY player and doesn't score 20ppg for you is plain out silly.