Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

Mallory and Fabris gone

I haven't heard any names other than Blackwell, and I still haven't found an actual source for that.  Article coming soon though.

Only source I've seen thrown around is coachingsearch.com, and they don't quote any sources, just say to keep an eye on him as a possible replacement. 

My first post here so dont beat me up too bad,but what about a D.C. from a MAC school? I dont have any names or stats but a good D.C. from that league may make sense. He would know the region for recruiting. He wouldn't be a position coach from a power conf. who has dealt only with high 3 or above star players (those guys can make most coaches look good) He would have dealt with "lesser" talent so to speak and maybe be a better teacher than a power conf. position coach. Of course if we can get a good D.C. from a top conf. Im all for that, but if were only going to elevate a position coach from a big time school, maybe a D.C. from the MAC would be a better get.

My first post here so dont beat me up too bad,but what about a D.C. from a MAC school? I dont have any names or stats but a good D.C. from that league may make sense. He would know the region for recruiting. He wouldn't be a position coach from a power conf. who has dealt only with high 3 or above star players (those guys can make most coaches look good) He would have dealt with "lesser" talent so to speak and maybe be a better teacher than a power conf. position coach. Of course if we can get a good D.C. from a top conf. Im all for that, but if were only going to elevate a position coach from a big time school, maybe a D.C. from the MAC would be a better get.

Nothing to beat you up for there. I tended to wonder if the reason that Fabris did not do better here was because he had to coach up lesser talent than he was used to. 

I'm wary of recycled MAC coaches but not sure if the interest is there from a bigger profile school. But Glass will pony up the money I can assure you.

Well, the thing there, is to either get a up and comer, or a proven commodity, doesn't matter whether its MAC, SEC or whichever. And the up and comer needs to have proven that he is actually that. Hiring a retread that has had limited success or none, just don't cut it.

Inge came from the Bills, after working in college for awhile. Wouldn't surprise me if we went that route and got a college guy whose had a cup of coffee in the NFL and decided he wants back in the college ranks. Would make sense with the timing, since the NFL season has just concluded.