Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

Mallory and Fabris gone

So did coaching search say we are interested in him or we should be interested in him? (him being David Blackwell from Fordham)

They viewed him as a possible target. He definitely has a good history as a position coach on some very good defenses. 

Here is his Fordham bio page:  http://www.fordhamsports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=77

Just looking at stats and statistical rankings its not all that overwhelming, however, Fordham went from 1-10 in 2011 to 12-2 in 2013. However, also looking at statistics tells me that Fordham was 7th in the country in total offense last year, while the defense had improved to 71st in total defense from 117th in 2011. Not much to go on, but makes me wonder whether they run a very similar offense to IU's leaving the other team a lot of TOP to run up the stats.

They viewed him as a possible target. He definitely has a good history as a position coach on some very good defenses. 

Just looking at stats and statistical rankings its not all that overwhelming, however, Fordham went from 1-10 in 2011 to 12-2 in 2013. However, also looking at statistics tells me that Fordham was 7th in the country in total offense last year, while the defense had improved to 71st in total defense from 117th in 2011. Not much to go on, but makes me wonder whether they run a very similar offense to IU's leaving the other team a lot of TOP to run up the stats.

Mallory had a history as a position coach on a good defense too...

[quote name="Hoosierfan2223" post="28721" timestamp="1389390380"]I wonder if Wilson already knows who he will hire, which is why he waited so long to fire Mallory[/quote]

I'd say probably so. He'd be extremely late to the party if he just now started looking.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I haven't done much research into his past, but I don't like the trend in his coaching history:

Pitt  --> Clemson --> South Florida --> Fordham

I realize he wasn't a DC until he got to South Florida, but if he was great there, why is he at an FCS school now?  Why couldn't he get a FBS job?  I may feel like an idiot for posting this later when I learn more about him, but it just feels a little like DM:

OK State --> LSU --> New Mexico

I'd like a guy on the upswing.

I haven't done much research into his past, but I don't like the trend in his coaching history:

I realize he wasn't a DC until he got to South Florida, but if he was great there, why is he at an FCS school now?  Why couldn't he get a FBS job?  I may feel like an idiot for posting this later when I learn more about him, but it just feels a little like DM:

anybody you know in particular?

USF would have been a good starting gig for a first time DC. I think though that there is a year or two gap between USF and Fordham, which is really what had me wondering. We'll see, coaching convention this weekend, I bet some more names come out.