Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

2014 #MCDAAG - April 2

JB2 is on the East team. The girls are on ESPNU @ 7pm ET and the boys are on ESPN @ 930pm ET. Set the DVR.

Boys and Girls Rosters

#mcdaag

CHICAGO, Jan. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- McDonald's (NYSE: MCD) has announced its list of high school seniors who have been nominated for the 2014 McDonald's All American Games, taking place on April 2 at Chicago's United Center. The final team of 24 boys and 24 girls who will be selected to play in the 2014 Games will be announced during the McDonald's All American Games Selection Show on ESPNU on January 29 at 5:00 p.m. CT. 

Nominees

Here is the RJ explanation from ITH:

Johnson, a top 50 prospect nationally at Richmond (Va.) Benedictine Prep, was originally a member of the class of 2013, which made him ineligible for selection.

Do they have an explanation on Buss?  It'd better involve the phrase "someone was on drugs".

Here is the RJ explanation from ITH:

Johnson, a top 50 prospect nationally at Richmond (Va.) Benedictine Prep, was originally a member of the class of 2013, which made him ineligible for selection.

Thanks buddy. Did not know that.

TBuss has had to fight the small school stigma all of her HS career. Read an article about her before she committed to IU as having received interest from some high profile schools like Notre Dame and Tennessee. Maybe if she had taken her talents to a larger HS and committed to an big name program, she might have been nominated and named to the McD's roster. This is just my opinion. But I'm really glad she chose to be a Hoosier and I think she can compliment the team Coach Miller has assembled.

[quote name="LockdownD" post="28422" timestamp="1389124169"]TBuss has had to fight the small school stigma all of her HS career. Read an article about her before she committed to IU as having received interest from some high profile schools like Notre Dame and Tennessee. Maybe if she had taken her talents to a larger HS and committed to an big name program, she might have been nominated and named to the McD's roster. This is just my opinion. But I'm really glad she chose to be a Hoosier and I think she can compliment the team Coach Miller has assembled.[/quote]

I know someone pretty close with Tyra and her family, and from what I've heard, she and the family are a pretty big part of the Mt. Carmel community. I'm not sure that going to a bigger school or anything like that was ever given much thought. Just what I've seen/heard from the outside.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I know someone pretty close with Tyra and her family, and from what I've heard, she and the family are a pretty big part of the Mt. Carmel community. I'm not sure that going to a bigger school or anything like that was ever given much thought. Just what I've seen/heard from the outside. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I didn't mean to imply that she needed to go to a larger HS. I do think that there is bias when viewing the accomplishments of players from small schools.

[quote name="LockdownD" post="28433" timestamp="1389130912"]I didn't mean to imply that she needed to go to a larger HS. I do think that there is bias when viewing the accomplishments of players from small schools.[/quote]

Yeah I know what you mean. I just was trying to provide some background on why she stayed at a smaller school instead of improving her chances at a Tennessee or Notre Dame. And there is definitely a bias there. I guess we will see if it's fair in her case next year.

Yeah I know what you mean. I just was trying to provide some background on why she stayed at a smaller school instead of improving her chances at a Tennessee or Notre Dame. And there is definitely a bias there. I guess we will see if it's fair in her case next year. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Agree. I'm looking forward to her bringing her skill set to AH. I think her offensive skills will stretch a defense. Go Hoosiers!

I know someone pretty close with Tyra and her family, and from what I've heard, she and the family are a pretty big part of the Mt. Carmel community. I'm not sure that going to a bigger school or anything like that was ever given much thought. Just what I've seen/heard from the outside.

I'm from Mt. Carmel and played basketball/baseball with her oldest brother Tyler. I was a year younger. It is a small time, and we've always has to fight the small town stigma. I had a hard time getting recruited in baseball, even though I got invited to pro camps often. Just how it is sometimes. It also doesn't help if your head coach doesn't help in that process. I know Coach Willis personally (her high school coach), but I don't know how involved he was with recruiting because this is the only big time recruit he's ever coached. Same happened to me.

The Buss' are a good family. Really, really involved in sports, but have a true love for sports. Agree with the small town stigma.

I'm from Mt. Carmel and played basketball/baseball with her oldest brother Tyler. I was a year younger. It is a small time, and we've always has to fight the small town stigma. I had a hard time getting recruited in baseball, even though I got invited to pro camps often. Just how it is sometimes. It also doesn't help if your head coach doesn't help in that process. I know Coach Willis personally (her high school coach), but I don't know how involved he was with recruiting because this is the only big time recruit he's ever coached. Same happened to me.

The Buss' are a good family. Really, really involved in sports, but have a true love for sports. Agree with the small town stigma.

They may be a good family, but her dad acts like a clown at basketball games.  His behavior at the Toyota Classic, from a superintendent no less, was pretty embarrassing. 

[quote name="obatskii" post="28579" timestamp="1389277224"]They may be a good family, but her dad acts like a clown at basketball games. His behavior at the Toyota Classic, from a superintendent no less, was pretty embarrassing. [/quote]

What happened?

[quote name="LockdownD" post="28422" timestamp="1389124169"]TBuss has had to fight the small school stigma all of her HS career. Read an article about her before she committed to IU as having received interest from some high profile schools like Notre Dame and Tennessee. Maybe if she had taken her talents to a larger HS and committed to an big name program, she might have been nominated and named to the McD's roster. This is just my opinion. But I'm really glad she chose to be a Hoosier and I think she can compliment the team Coach Miller has assembled.[/quote]

I'll add this because I do think it is relevant. I've watched two of her games now (which by NO means makes me and expert or mean I have enough data to make these statements, but it's all I have to work with). I think she is an exceptional athlete. It honestly looks like a guy playing against girls. The speed and tenacity of her game are very impressive.

She has tremendous talent, the shots she makes and her defense is incredible. Now, to my observations...

The two teams I've seen her play are HORRENDOUS. I mean like really really really bad. I think any D1 recruit would put up 40+ on these girls. They can barely dribble the ball without looking at it, and get complete flustered when buss is guarding them. Some of that obviously goes to Buss and her ability, but a lot of her high school success is due to the horrific teams she plays.

I still think se's an unbelievable player and one of the best Indiana has had, but don't believe all the stat lines you see.

Does anyone know if she played AAU and how she did in those games?

[quote name="IU Hoosier41" post="28587" timestamp="1389282196"]
Does anyone know if she played AAU and how she did in those games?[/quote]

Pretty sure she played for the girls Spiece Indy Heat team. Not sure about how she played, but I think I remember her being on that team.

[quote name="ccgeneral" post="28593" timestamp="1389284620"]She played for Indiana Elite with Maura Muensterman. Did well there to from what i've read.[/quote]

That's right. Don't know where I got Spiece from.