Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
coachmayhew

Tyra Buss vs Blackmon Jr

Which player will make a bigger impact on their team, and which is more likely to bring home a banner? And for those who don't know they both are shooters.

Bring on the discussion!

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using BtownBanners mobile app

I think it will be JB2 if either of them. Tyra is a great player (just look at those stats!), but she doesn't consistently play against stiff competition like Blackmon does. I don't want to call her overrated, because she isn't, but I feel that the transition will be easier for Blackmon.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'll say Buss will make a bigger impact, mainly because she has the potential to take IU women's basketball to a level where it's never been. Blackmon will be trying to get us back to where we were last year and expect to be consistently. 

I would actually say Tyra Buss would have the bigger impact.  Our women's team hasn't had much success, and she's a caliber player that hasn't played for IU.  If Curt Miller starts landing some more players of her caliber, we could look at her as really being the first.

Blackmon I would say has a better chance at hanging a banner though, because the men's team is closer than the women's team.  The women's team is improving but it still needs to upgrade talent in some areas (I'll say it again, we'll have a lethal back court), the men's team needs to improve in someways (cough, turnovers, cough) but it's not as much of a hill to climb as the women's team.

Tyra may not be the best Freshman on IU's women's team next year. She did have 60 and 66 this past weekend, but 66 in a loss on Saturday night against Jackie Young out of Princeton. If Jackie Young goes to IU then you can start thinking about a banner.

[quote name="Frodaddy10" post="26214" timestamp="1388458765"]Tyra may not be the best Freshman on IU's women's team next year. She did have 60 and 66 this past weekend, but 66 in a loss on Saturday night against Jackie Young out of Princeton. If Jackie Young goes to IU then you can start thinking about a banner.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

I have heard that Young from Princeton is a Pro, but I thought she was a year behind. Either something needs to add some excitement to woman's college ball.

Sent from my fingertips using BtownBanners

I have heard that Young from Princeton is a Pro, but I thought she was a year behind. Either something needs to add some excitement to woman's college ball.

Sent from my fingertips using BtownBanners

[quote name="coachmayhew" post="26239" timestamp="1388495699"]I have heard that Young from Princeton is a Pro, but I thought she was a year behind. Either something needs to add some excitement to woman's college ball.

Sent from my fingertips using BtownBanners[/quote]
Jackie is either one or two years behind Buss, basically saying if IU has Buss, Young, and Muensterman that they will be the real deal!jackie Young will play in the WNBA