Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Music Thread

Last night was Disturbed / Shine Down / Chevelle / Ghost / Sick Puppies

I had 13th row seats off the corner of the stage.  Then I had backstage passes for Disturbed.  After the show my pass got me into the meet and greet lounge in the bowels of Amelie Arena.  It was a room that was about 20 x 20, me...a buddy...about 5 other people...hanging out with Disturbed and Sick Puppies with a refrigerator full of free beer and couches.  David Draiman is a very nice, polite, quiet guy.  Not at all how I imagined.  The life of the room was Dan Donegan, lead guitarist.  These guys kept asking if they could bring me another beer.  Disturbed.  Begging to give me more free beers.  What an awesome night.

I saw Disturbed during Mayhemfest a few years back.  When they were co-headlining w/Godsmack.  They were pretty good but they didn't knock my socks off like I thought they would.  Godsmack on the other hand, they freaking killed it.  Talk about a great show!

But...I was tooling around on Amazon Prime and came across this Simon and Garfunkel cover.  It's one the best covers of any song I've ever heard.  Ever.

We talked about that song.  Dan Donegan (sitting with his gorgeous wife) said his young son told him the song was terrible when he first heard their cover of it.  Said it sounded like a heavy metal band trying to sing a country song.  We all laughed.

I agreed, it seems like a random pairing, and asked them why they chose it.  They said they knew they wanted to do another cover song and talked it over as a group.  They all agreed they wanted to do a song from that era of music so they just played a bunch in jam sessions to see what one worked. 

Also in the room was a group out of California called Stitched Up Heart.  A couple of really sexy girls are in that one