Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoosierBeezo

Officiating

i'm not blaming the refs for our play right now, but, does anyone think that the way the refs have been calling the play since the BT season has started has hurt our team?  It seems like there are fouls upon fouls called every game and I think this takes away the style that CTC wants to play. 

It is hard to get a transition fast pace game going if the whistle is being blown every minute.  Am I wrong?  I think if we were to play in the SEC, ACC or Big 12 that our team could avg around 80pts per game in conference play. 

This is why I tell my UofL buddy that IU will go as far in the tourney according to the refs and how the game is called.  If we get refs to lets us play, like the UNC/Min games, our offense is very nice.  I know those were home games but even last year at NC St, we played and shot very well on the road.

Just a question, what do you guys think?

It's Indiana!! 

I think the refs are whistle happy....against US. That's not an excuse for the sloppy play they've been bringin out, but it's like we can't catch a break for nothin and that messes up the gameplan. I've noticed the past few games they'll blow the whistle against us for somethin stupid, but let the other teams get away with it. I don't know if the refs are just dumb, or most of em just don't like IU....prolly a little of both...but again, I'm not saying the refs are why we've been playin sloppy ball by any means

The problem is that B1G refs understand its a power conference so they let play get a bit more physical than most of the other conference refs. So, we need to play through any sort of bad reffing instead of letting it get to our players. Because once we get to the tournament where it could be refs from any conference we will have to play through more miniscule calls than in B1G play.

Whistle happy is a good way to put it, especially after yesterday. Sitting in Assembly Hall in the second half, it seemed like the last 9 mins of the game took an ETERNITY!! It seemed like they were blowing the whistle 1 or 2 times EVERY possession. It makes the game very choppy with little flow.

As long as we kep getting T.V. Teddy, Jim Burr, Ed Hightower and the rest of these "showtime" bafoons that want as much screen time as the players, it will be hard for us to get in sync with the offense the way they did in the Unc/Minn. game.

I think the refs are whistle happy....against US. That's not an excuse for the sloppy play they've been bringin out, but it's like we can't catch a break for nothin and that messes up the gameplan. I've noticed the past few games they'll blow the whistle against us for somethin stupid, but let the other teams get away with it. I don't know if the refs are just dumb, or most of em just don't like IU....prolly a little of both...but again, I'm not saying the refs are why we've been playin sloppy ball by any means

He emerges from the dead! Thought we lost you there for awhile :) Welcome back!

He emerges from the dead! Thought we lost you there for awhile :) Welcome back!

Hahahaha thanks! I've been here, just haven't had a lot to say really. I get quiet from time to time, but it's kinda cool somebody noticed! Haha