Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoosierBeezo

Half Court Offense

I think our defense is getting better and of course our transition game is very good, but, our half court offense isn't as good this year as it was last year.

The difference to me was I really enjoyed seeing Victor get the ball at the top and use his athleticism in attacking the hoop.  I thought we would see a lot of that this season.  Also, after seeing Yogi take those guys off the dribble at Iowa, that was nice looking. 

If our half court offense is to get better, I think we need to get the ball into their hands and let them create for others. This would open up Zeller because they will have to try and help on the drver and also could open up Hulls and company on the perimeter.

JMO, thoughts?

I think it comes down to whoever has the ball at the top being more comfortable driving and shooting early in the game. So often we see someone drive and dish but the pass isn't quite right, and we start the whole passing it around thing again.This is especially frustrating when the basket was open to the initial drive. This team, as I've said before, can be a bit too unselfish. 

I think our defense is getting better and of course our transition game is very good, but, our half court offense isn't as good this year as it was last year.

The difference to me was I really enjoyed seeing Victor get the ball at the top and use his athleticism in attacking the hoop.  I thought we would see a lot of that this season.  Also, after seeing Yogi take those guys off the dribble at Iowa, that was nice looking. 

If our half court offense is to get better, I think we need to get the ball into their hands and let them create for others. This would open up Zeller because they will have to try and help on the drver and also could open up Hulls and company on the perimeter.

JMO, thoughts?

I think the focus of our offense has changed so drastically with the skill set of Yogi.  We look stagnant in the half court now because we are used to seeing IU run up and down in transition.  The offense, is now built to push the ball at maximum speed and score quickly.  Last season, we had many plays where we needed VO to drive to create that shot.  This year, Yogi has that ability and the ball is in his hands.  When yogi drives and kicks, it turns out to be a solid half court play, just very quick.

That's how I see it anyway!