Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2015) SG Donovan Mitchell to Louisville

[quote name="ccgeneral" post="75064" timestamp="1406073256"]Wonder if he even makes here for a visit. CB is pretty heavy for Crawford to UL to.[/quote]

Yeah wonder how that turns out. They won't get both of them or will they???

That'd really stink if they could pull both.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If only that Crystal Ball is right!<br /><br />UL gets Spalding, Crawford, Mitchell.<br /><br />IU gets THON FREAKIN MAKER (and who really cares who else after that).

We don't lead for Thon. We have 29% and Kansas has 43%. So basically if the Crystal Ball is right, we get none of those four.

[quote name="Stuhoo" post="75075" timestamp="1406077053"][u]If only that Crystal Ball is right![/u]

UL gets Spalding, Crawford, Mitchell.

IU gets THON FREAKIN MAKER (and who really cares who else after that).[/quote]

Bigger get: Thon or Cody? I think it's close. I really do.

Bigger get: Thon or Cody? I think it's close. I really do. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Agree. Thon would be bigger in a national sense. As big as Cody was, and he was huge, getting him did not sure up our in-state recruiting. He helped get Yogi and a few others but we have missed a significant amount of Indiana talent since.

Cody was a special kid and recruit. He deserves all the accolades but I think Thon could be a bigger STATEMENT of the 2.

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="75084" timestamp="1406082522"]Agree. Thon would be bigger in a national sense. As big as Cody was, and he was huge, getting him did not sure up our in-state recruiting. He helped get Yogi and a few others but we have missed a significant amount of Indiana talent since.

Cody was a special kid and recruit. He deserves all the accolades but I think Thon could be a bigger STATEMENT of the 2.[/quote]

A lot of guys as talented as Cody in America. There are very few Thon's anywhere from what I've seen of him. He's extremely unique.

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels  40m
Donovan Mitchell will visit Villanova on August 4th & likely Louisville on August 8th. I expect him to see Indiana & Florida State soon too.

It's hard not to get excited about this guy. He really stood out when I saw him the first eval period and seems to have taken his game to another level since. Committed to basketball after breaking his wrist in baseball last July and missing out on the rankings. Providence was smart about him and, take away the IU fan in me, it'd be great if he went there. I don't have enough info to honestly say if UL or Providence leads, but it seems they're the top two. It would be important to get that visit mentioned above.

"I will be trimming my list before the weekend,” he told SNY.tv by phone, adding the he isn’t sure how many schools he will cut his list to."

"Mitchell will also take officials to Indiana and Florida State in August, leaving him two more. He remains undecided on those at the moment."

ZAGSBLOG

[quote name="IU Hoosier41" post="75993" timestamp="1406815951"]Hoosiers Make the first cut:

RT@spidadmitchell:
Providence
Creighton
Florida st
Indiana
Georgetown
Villanova
Louisville
Kansas
Boston college
UNC

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

Someone pinch me, no Kentucky or Michigan State? I must be dreaming.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

[quote name="dalton26" post="76004" timestamp="1406820901"]Someone pinch me, no Kentucky or Michigan State? I must be dreaming.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app[/quote]

Sadly, it sounds like Providence will "Izzo" us on this one.

Sadly, it sounds like Providence will "Izzo" us on this one. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Nah, I think UL and KU will be primary competition. Providence and Villanova secondary competition. He has Brewster connections with Kansas. Grew up looking up to Pitino. East Coast connection to KJ. I realize Providence was on him earliest and with tenacity. However, I don't see Providence pulling a kid of this talent.

Unless some strange Isaiah Whitehead recruitment happens. (BTW-Whitehead to Seton Hall is so completely shady)

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="76011" timestamp="1406822162"]Nah, I think UL and KU will be primary competition. Providence and Villanova secondary competition. He has Brewster connections with Kansas. Grew up looking up to Pitino. East Coast connection to KJ. I realize Providence was on him earliest and with tenacity. However, I don't see Providence pulling a kid of this talent.

Unless some strange Isaiah Whitehead recruitment happens. (BTW-Whitehead to Seton Hall is so completely shady)[/quote] They hired Whiteheads dad as an assistant, I believe.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

[quote name="dalton26" post="76004" timestamp="1406820901"]Someone pinch me, no Kentucky or Michigan State? I must be dreaming.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app[/quote]

Kentucky doesn't seem to enter the picture until kids have named their top 3. Then they swoop in and get the kid all excited and they commit. Pretty solid strategy really.