Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
djsalway

Around the Country (12/9/13)

Let's take a look at what's going on elsewhere in "Around the Country."Around the Country:

(19) Florida Gators 64, (9) Connecticut Huskies 65
Wrap Up: Shabazz Napier nails a shot at the buzzer on a second attempt to knock off the 15th ranked Florida Gators.

(11) Kentucky Wildcats 62, (14) Baylor Bears 67
Wrap Up: Baylor’s Kenny Chery leads Baylor with 18 points to top the freshman-loaded Kentucky squad.

(13) Kansas Jayhawks 72, (21) Colorado Buffaloes 75
Wrap Up: Askia Booker eurosteps to a buzzer-beating three pointer to beat Kansas, even with Andrew Wiggins knocking home 22 points.

New Mexico State Aggies 68, (20) Gonzaga Bulldogs 80
Wrap Up: Gonzaga wins easily with a balanced attack, led by Sam Dower with 22 points.

(15) Oregon Ducks 115, Ole Miss Rebels 105 (OT)
Wrap Up: This high scoring game ended with a buzzer beater to send it into overtime, but the Ducks were able to overcome Marshall Henderson’s 39 points en route to a victory.

Here are the games to look out for in the upcoming week (all times Eastern):

(13) Kansas University vs. (19) University of Florida
Date and Time: December 10 @ 7 PM
Television Coverage: ESPN
Preview: Both of these teams are looking to bounce back from disappointing last-second losses in the past week. The Gators are banged up and don’t have a real point guard in the equation right now, with both Kasey Hill and Scottie Wilbekin out indefinitely. Kansas superstar freshman Andrew Wiggins has struggled of late, but both he and Joel Embiid will have big games against this Florida squad. Look for a good one, but Kansas should get back on track.

Boise State University vs. (11) University of Kentucky
Date and Time: December 10 @ 9 PM
Preview: Boise State is still undefeated, led by Anthony Drmic, after a run to the NCAA tournament last season. They have a good core returning and are looking to make another run this year, starting with this big game. Kentucky is coming off of a disappointing loss to Baylor in which Coach Calipari was disappointed in the fight by his players. On paper, Kentucky should dominate, but Boise State is better than expected. It should really be a good one.

(11) University of Kentucky vs. (18) University of North Carolina
Date and Time: December 14 @ 5:15 PM
Preview: Here’s another big game for Kentucky AT North Carolina. Both losses this year for the Wildcats have come at neutral sites and this is their first road game on the season. With a bunch of freshmen, they may crack under the pressure again. Also, North Carolina only really shows up for big games this year against ranked teams, so they should make it a close one. UNC all the way.

University of Tennessee vs. (12) Wichita State University
Date and Time: December 14 @ 2 PM
Television Coverage: ESPN2
Preview: Tennessee has had a decent season so far under coach Cuonzo Martin, but they have yet to have a marquee win. Wichita State is a mid-major but they have spent all of the season in the top 25 after a run to the Final Four last year. Ron Baker and Fred VanVleet run this team’s backcourt and are regularly dominant. Tennessee has good front court play, but I think the Shockers will pull this out in a close one.

(2) Syracuse University vs. Saint John’s University
Date and Time: December 15 @ 12 PM
Television Coverage: Fox Sports 1
Preview: Syracuse is still undefeated and quickly making a run at the top overall ranking in the country. Their 2-3 zone is extremely difficult to figure out, no matter what team is facing them. Saint John’s will be looking to attack with their athletic wings and knock off the high ranked Orangemen. The Johnnies will need some great shooting out of D’Angelo Harrison, otherwise they will get blown out.

Around the Big Ten:

Indiana Hoosiers 52, (2) Syracuse Orangemen 69
Wrap Up: Syracuse’s 2-3 zone was enough to hold high-scoring Indiana to a season-low of 52 points.

Michigan Wolverines 69, (8) Duke Blue Devils 79
Wrap Up: Quinn Cook guides the Blue Devils to an easy win with 24 points and 9 assists.

Notre Dame Fighting Irish 93, (23) Iowa Hawkeyes 98
Wrap Up: High-scoring Iowa is led to a win behind Aaron White’s stat sheet stuffing performance with 20 points, 7 rebounds, and 7 assists.

(18) North Carolina Tarheels 79, (5) Michigan State Spartans 65
Wrap Up: North Carolina was able to get up early and the Spartans couldn’t fight back, plagued by injuries.

Marquette Golden Eagles 64, (4) Wisconsin Badgers 70
Wrap Up: Sam Dekker leads Wisconsin to another win over a quality opponent with a double-double (20 points, 10 rebounds).

Here are the games to look out for in the upcoming week (all times Eastern):

University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee vs. (4) University of Wisconsin
Date and Time: December 11 @ 8 PM
Television Coverage: TBD
Preview: Milwaukee is one of the best mid-major teams this year, coming in at 9-2 on the season. Wisconsin has been arguably the most dominant team this season with easily the most impressive résumé thus far. With the way the Badgers play defense, I don’t see any way that Milwaukee can come away with this game. Look for a Badgers rout.

(23) Iowa University vs. (17) Iowa State University
Date and Time: December 13 @ 9:30 PM
Television Coverage: ESPNU
Preview: Iowa has been impressive thus far, but so has Iowa State. This is an in-state rivalry game that most likely favors Iowa State due to the fact that they are the home team. With the bad blood in this game, mixed with all of the Iowa players that have lost this game in the past, I see Iowa coming away with this one led by Devyn Marble and Aaron White. BUT… Iowa State will have something to say about that.

(1) University of Arizona vs. Michigan University
Date and Time: December 14 @ 12 PM
Television Coverage: CBS
Preview: Arizona is the number one team in the country and Michigan is not nearly as good as they were last year, with both Mitch McGary and Glenn Robinson III not playing up to their full ability. Arizona’s Aaron Gordon will play a big role in this one, shutting down one, if not both, of those key players for Michigan. Arizona’s backcourt will have their way with the Michigan guards, and Arizona will run away with this one.

Illinois University vs. (15) Oregon University
Date and Time: December 14 @ 9 PM
Television Coverage: ESPN2
Preview: Illinois has had a solid season to this point and this is Oregon’s last game without two of their starters who were suspended at the beginning of the season. Oregon looks to be one of the top teams in the nation, even without those great starters that they are missing. Illinois will be looking to slow down Mike Moser and Johnathon Loyd, but Oregon has too much firepower on offense. Illinois will keep it close in the first half, but Oregon will handily come away with this one.

Butler University vs. Purdue University
Date and Time: December 14 @ 6 PM
Television Coverage: BTN
Preview: This is the second game of the Crossroads Classic, which also includes Indiana and Notre Dame. It will be played in Bankers Life Fieldhouse in downtown Indianapolis, which gives the Butler fan base an advantage as far as travelling goes. Purdue played well in the Big Ten – ACC Challenge last week against Boston College and that should carry over into this game. Without Brad Stevens on the sideline, the Bulldogs just aren’t the same. It’s a dangerous one for Purdue, but in reality they should come away with a victory.

[url=https://btownbanners.com/page/articles.html/_/basketball/around-the-country-12913-r121]Click here to view the article[/url]

Anybody gonna be down at bankers life for the classic? I'll be there just curious to see if anyone else was going.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'll be there. Not so sure it will be packed. Still about 1,200 tickets last time i looked at stubhub.

Anybody gonna be down at bankers life for the classic? I'll be there just curious to see if anyone else was going.

I'll be there to support our Hoosiers. I live up in NWI and actually was in attendance for the ND loss tonight. Didn't look impressive and only went 3 deep off the bench. Guard play is phenomenal, not so well down low. Always tough to play a team coming off a loss though so it'll be a good one Saturday!

I'll be there to support our Hoosiers. I live up in NWI and actually was in attendance for the ND loss tonight. Didn't look impressive and only went 3 deep off the bench. Guard play is phenomenal, not so well down low. Always tough to play a team coming off a loss though so it'll be a good one Saturday!

Ya what a tough loss for the Irish. Should be a great game Saturday I'm excited to see IU matchup with them. I'll be at the Duke Notre Dame game in south bend on jan4 so I'm also excited to see how the Irish play.

Ya what a tough loss for the Irish. Should be a great game Saturday I'm excited to see IU matchup with them. I'll be at the Duke Notre Dame game in south bend on jan4 so I'm also excited to see how the Irish play.

Would have liked to go to the Duke game as well, but I'll be at the IU MSU game that day so I'm definitely not complaining!