Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierReb01

Indiana vs. Syracuse Post-Game Thread

Honestly I would put Will on the bench as a 6th man and get one of the freshmen more minutes. Will is more effective there and we are going to be playing for next year anyways.

It's a process. We will be better from what they learned tonight. Our guys will get better every game. We all know this team is flawed as far as having knock down shooters, we should have that solved next year. That being said, we have the best collection of athletes I have seen us put on the floor. Our guys will get better every game. It would be a mistake to read too much into one road game against a top 10 opponent whose strength (zone defense) plays into our weakness. We will have our ups and downs this year because of youth and lack of consistent outside shooting, next year, bring em on. My hope is we see the FR and SO continue to develop and next year we will be locked and loaded. Crean develops kids that want to get better and we have the type of athletes that will continue to improve if they are committed.

I'm watching and it's 27 26 IU and I'm thinking it's looking good. Then I have to go and I turn it back on an it's 60 40, what the heck happened

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Speaking as someone that watched what happened... I'm very envious of you right now. I'd just let it stay a mystery and move on :)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I am normally not a believer that losing is ever a good thing, but maybe our young athletic players learned something tonight.  If you don't play strong and harder than the other team, you are likely to lose regardless of your athletic ability. People talk about how athletic and long we are. That means nothing if you are throwing the ball into the stands or dribbling into a crowd. I am glad Crean was disgusted. Being nice hasn't worked. It is time for a dose of reality and tough love. It is also time to value each possession. When they watch game on tape, don't they see like the rest of us what isn't working?

I hope this is an awakening. Maybe Crean will shorten the bench and not try to play all his players in the first half like he has at times.

never been a sheehey fan ever, just my opinion. Yogi is good but i think since hes the more experienced guy hes trying to fill the void wherever he can. he needs to figure out if hes a shooter or distributor, which hes doing now but needs to find out fast. Also call me an idiot cuz im new to the college basketball scene, i thought you had to have 2 personal flagrants to be ejected not 2 team flagrants to be ejected

It doesn't have anything to do with team flagrants. There is a Flagrant 1 foul (excessive, but not purposeful contact) and a Flagrant 2 (excessive contact with no intention of going for the ball). Flagrant 2= Ejection. 2 Flagrant 1's= ejection. I didn't agree with the call, but I hope I cleared that up for you at least a little.

It doesn't have anything to do with team flagrants. There is a Flagrant 1 foul (excessive, but not purposeful contact) and a Flagrant 2 (excessive contact with no intention of going for the ball). Flagrant 2= Ejection. 2 Flagrant 1's= ejection. I didn't agree with the call, but I hope I cleared that up for you at least a little.

gotcha thanks that def. cleared it up for me. I still would like to take a second look at that play.

I'm not a big Yogi fan, I know many will disagree. 

Every post I see from you you're b****ing about something. On both sites. It's annoying. Act like you've watched a basketball game before and understand that we can't win every single game. If it wasn't for Yogi last night we would have lost by probably 30. 

The thing that worries me is all the quotes about se players not thinking we had a chance. Haven't heard any talk like this in a LONG time. That's a concern.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I just can't believe this.  I bet our departed guys from last season would eat them alive for saying that.  Very disappointing to hear that.  What's sad is that you could tell that completely in the 2nd half.  When the game was tied at 33, Syracuse went on a quick run and it was over.  This type of thinking should never happen.

Every post I see from you you're b****ing about something. On both sites. It's annoying. Act like you've watched a basketball game before and understand that we can't win every single game. If it wasn't for Yogi last night we would have lost by probably 30. 

Please be careful with the cursing.  Family friendly :)

Sheehey is a below average shooter, below average rebounder, and a below average facilitator. His role is 6th man and thats all it ever will be. In the biggest game of the year, as a senior, you cannot play like he did tonight, he did nothing the entire game. 

I'm not a big Yogi fan, I know many will disagree. 

And, from the 247 board:

"Why not? The best players should start, Hollowell is not one of them. Hollowell is probably the 7th maybe 8th best player on the team."

Charlie; You're running out of players to root for!

And, from the 247 board:

"Why not? The best players should start, Hollowell is not one of them. Hollowell is probably the 7th maybe 8th best player on the team."

Maybe he wants marlin and calomaris to start

And, from the 247 board:

Maybe he wants marlin and calomaris to start

The problem as I see it, Coach has not set up any sort of roll players.  He has recruited shooters, but hasn't given anybody but Yogi and Jeremy a chance to take 3's.  There is very little screening taking place and not near enough back cuts.  Basically, each person tries to get the ball and score it hoping to get fouled if they can't get a bucket.  Coach likes to post up Noah but Noah can't do anything with the ball without gathering himself first.  This lets the defense collapse and there is no way he is going to pass it out of there.  This kind of offense will only work if you have a physically superior team.  When you match up with a sizeable well coached opponet, it's over. I am hoping that the drubbing last night will change his philosophy because the beatings will continue in the B10 if he does nothing but more of the same.