Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

#IUWBB vs USC Upstate

Indiana welcomes the USC Upstate Spartans to Assembly Hall on Sunday, Dec. 1. The game will tip at 2 p.m. ET. The contest is available as a live web broadcast via the Big Ten Digital Network (BTN.com) and can also be heard on WHCC 105.1 FM in Bloomington with Jeremy Gray calling the action.

DID YOU KNOW?
• Indiana's 6-0 record to begin the season is the program's first perfect start through six games since the beginning of the 2000-01 season and it marks just the eighth time in program history that IU has began a season 6-0.
• Indiana has scored 80 or more points in five of its first six games, a feat last accomplished to begin the 1993-94 season.
• The last time IU scored 80 or more points five times during the course of an entire season was during the 2008-09 campaign.
• IU tallied 51 first-half points in the win over Saint Louis last time out, marking the first time an Indiana team had scored 50-plus points in a half since November 2009.
• The Hoosiers connected on 12 3-point field goals against SLU on Nov. 25, tying the second-best mark in school history for team 3-point field goals made in a single game.
• In three games this season, including the Saint Louis game, the IU bench has scored 34 or more points, a feat never accomplished last season.
• Senior Tabitha Gerardot scored a season-high 19 points against Saint Louis and has tallied 10 or more points in five games this year to average 12.2 ppg to go along with 6.3 rpg.
• Freshman Larryn Brooks has scored in double-figures in every game this season and leads IU with 18.0 ppg and 4.5 apg.
• Sasha Chaplin has scored the first points in each of the last three games and connected on 13 consecutive field goals before the streak was snapped against SLU. For the year, Chaplin is shooting 69.2 percent from the field and averaging 10.7 ppg.

FIRST YEAR IMPACTS
In each of Indiana's games so far in 2013-14, four of Indiana's five starters have been first year players in the program. Of the 85 points scored by the Hoosiers in the season opener vs. Oakland, 62 of those came from first year players for IU. Nine total players made their Hoosier debut against Oakland and eight players made their first appearance in a collegiate game.

Last time out against SLU, first year players in the program accounted for 66 of the 85 points scored (77.6 percent) and on Nov. 15 at Indiana State, 48 of the 57 total points scored by IU were by first year players (84.2 percent). For the year, Indiana's first-year players have scored 68.9 percent of the team's total points. 

PROTECTING THE PUMPKIN
In three games this season, IU has committed 10 or fewer turnovers and against Butler on Nov. 23, Indiana had a season-low four miscues as a team. Indiana has not went an entire season with three games of 10 or few turnovers since the 2009-10 campaign.

Link

I love this! When I've gone to previous Hoosier Hysterias, I always got pumped up w Coach Jack, but felt like there was little substance. I'm not even a huge women's bball fan, just respect IU, coach Miller and Fred Glads too much to not support them! Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Coach is really seeing what he can get out of these ladies. Even though USC is not challenge, we weren't sure if we could hang w them (when schedule was booked).

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Final. Hoosiers win 87-38 and remain unbeaten @ 7-0.

Agler - 16/5/2

Brooks - 14/4/4,3stls

Hulls - 12/3stls

Chaplin - 10/6

Gassion - 10/3

Anderson - 6/3

Gerardot - 4/10/3

Deloach - 4/4

McBride - 4/3

Newbauer - 4/2 asts

Taufa - 2/6

Mize - 3rbs