Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierReb01

IU vs. OSU Post Game Thread

Discuss. The bad thing about this game, was that the defense made a few plays, although they still gave up about everything else. The offense was neutered until the fourth quarter. Anyway, on with the discussion about who should replace Mallory.

At least we didn't get shut out :)! I don't think it even needs to be stated that Mallory almost has to be gone, I want him to be gone now, but at best we probably won't see it until after the Purdue game

At least we didn't get shut out :)! I don't think it even needs to be stated that Mallory almost has to be gone, I want him to be gone now, but at best we probably won't see it until after the Purdue game

I think if you were going to fire him mid-season, it should have been 3 or 4 games ago, at this point I on't think it would matter.

Really compared to lasy week and this being oh st no th to bad now beat the hell out of purdue and this season is a sucess which is what I gsuge every iu football season by

Sent from my SCH-I535 using BtownBanners mobile app

With Muschamp as good as gone at Florida, I'd make a serious $ offer to him to be our DC. I'm sure some more prestigous programs will be after him to, but the stress of having to improve the worst D in the FBS has to be significantly less than any other option he will recieve. If the money is there, I think we could land him.

With Muschamp as good as gone at Florida, I'd make a serious $ offer to him to be our DC. I'm sure some more prestigous programs will be after him to, but the stress of having to improve the worst D in the FBS has to be significantly less than any other option he will recieve. If the money is there, I think we could land him.

I agree completely.  I mentioned this in the game chat today.  I'd say the odds are really long though on this happening. We can dream though, can't we.

Can we just go ahead and clean house already?

We don't need to completely clean house.  The offense has had issues, but it usually does more than enough to win the game.  The defense is the sole reason the team isn't going to a bowl this year.  It will be inexcusable to keep Mallory on board, and I'll go ahead and say if he stays we won't go to a bowl next year either.

I think the criteria for selecting a new DC, (assuming for the moment that we'll be seeking one) are the following:

1.) He should be a person of strong character, integrity, ethics, and morals, (ie, let's not sacrifice what our school stands for in the pursuit of excellence, a la, Penn State, Miami, etc.)

2.) He has to come from a program with a long history of good, not necessarily great defenses

3.) The competition he prepared his team for has to have been on par with The Big Ten, SEC, Big 12, etc. I'm not saying

that a lesser known conference might not turn out a great DC, and if that's the case, we should move on him. However, I am saying an offense that a DC from Bowling Green might prepare for are wholly different than the far more sophisticated offenses of the larger conferences.

4.) He has to know how to teach and/or coach the game, as well as inspire the troops. Being IU, our talent level isn't right now, (and may never be), on par with Ohio State, Alabama, or any other high profile programs. If we have any hope of at least closing the gap, we'll have to show that we can teach and grow defensive players in house, with whatever talent level we have. Basic teaching/coaching should have had us in the top 85 teams in the nation, not darn near dead last in defense.

5.) It would be good if he had a big time name to help recruiting. However, lacking that, he needs to have good connections in the Southeast, (Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, etc.) We're already puling some athletes/players from Georgia and Florida, so it would only augment that which we're already accomplishing, and I think that's a good thing.

6.) He hopefully understands that as much as starting talented players can be beneficial in some respects, throwing Freshmen to the wolves can backfire, (as it certainly did this year) and can be destructive in the long term. One has to wonder if any of the talented Freshman, discouraged by the lack of progress in their game and the team's, will consider transferring?

We want to get rid of this guy?!  lol

@FakeDougMallory @FakeDougMallory 

@Idaho_Vandals gave up 80 pts to @FSU_Football Who does that?!?! #OhWait...

@FakeDougMallory @FakeDougMallory

#OSU did NOT cover. What up!?!??! Take that haters! #iufb #OneMoreYear