Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Now that Mallory is gone....

There are mid majors like Tulsa, Bowling Green, and East Carolina that could have coordinators being considered. Those 3 teams all rank in the top 25 for total defense.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You can have Bob Diaco (current ND D Coordinator). He schemes his defense as if he has a 3 TD lead at all times so it might work with an offense like IU.

Hold up. You think Bob Diaco is going to leave ND for IU? This is football we're talking about.

[quote name="CR3AMnCR1MS0N" post="18190" timestamp="1384798841"] who cares as long as it isn't Mallory.[/quote] Be careful what you wish for. What happens if they hire someone worse? I'm not sure that's even possible but you never know. I have this odd feeling he will be back. I'd prefer that he gets fired ASAP but I feel like we'll have to suffer another year of Mallory defense. Please god let me be wrong. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I know this is football we are talking about. I am saying that I think ND is going to fire Diaco because he has had one good defense at ND (granted it led them to a National Championship) and 90% of the reason that defense was good was Manti Te'o. 

I don't honestly think Diaco would ever go to IU, it was more of a shot at him than anything. 

Here's my list of 3 (in no particular order):

Ted Roof - Georgia Tech

Chuck Heater - Marshall

Nick Holt - Western Kentucky

Good list Natty. I really like Holt, but I think he may be tied to Petrino when he moves on( which won't be long). Heater is a little old for my tastes and I don't think we could sell Roof that moving to IU is a step up for him.

My favorite three are: Todd Orlando-Utah St ( would be ecstatic if we could land him).

Barry Odom- Memphis

Jon Summrall- Tulane

Good list Natty. I really like Holt, but I think he may be tied to Petrino when he moves on( which won't be long). Heater is a little old for my tastes and I don't think we could sell Roof that moving to IU is a step up for him.

My favorite three are: Todd Orlando-Utah St ( would be ecstatic if we could land him).

Barry Odom- Memphis

Jon Summrall- Tulane

I really like both Orlando and Summrall. Either one of them would be awesome.

Barry Odom- Memphis
Jon Summrall- Tulane

Can't go wrong with any of these, and really any of the suggestions this far. Some might be a little harder to imagine for the pragmatic minds amongst us but it makes for fun conversation.

Tiny, Heater is a tad old, but I like the old school approach he brings. I won't be biased on age. He's coached at damn near every university. Makes ya wonder why his tenures have been so short.

You all know WAY more about assistant coaches than me. I'll sit this thread out and read all the goodies. If Mallory still has his job, I think I could go in there and perform just as well at half the price. Just something for Mr. Glass to think about. I'll send my resume over!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

What's up fools, thanks for letting me know you malachas were now over here. Had to stumble upon it.

I would love Luke Fickell from Ohio State. But Fred may have to dish out 500K to get him.

Glad to see you found us. We just are not sniping, those who want to know where we went will find us. And guess what? You did! :laugh:

Is Mallory the only one with their neck on the chopping block. Inge seems like a good guy, well spoken but does he need to accountable as well? Fabris seems full of fire and comes ready to play, so do we get rid of more D coaches?