Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) SF Miles Bridges to MSU

First of all, I too am glad TB decided to come to Bloomington, but I'm not convinced that it was so much our recruiting as it was the timing of Syracuse's academic problems, etc., that swung TB to IU.  I'm just not a fan of our shotgun approach to recruiting and throwing offers to seemingly anyone and everyone.  And I apologize for starting to stray off topic.

Not if you read what Bryant said about our recruiting. We were the ones recruiting him the hardest. Syracuse fell off his map long before the academic problems. 

http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/1546448-bridges-says-five-after-him-the-hardest?s=75

Highly touted 2016 wing Miles Bridges told Scout at EYBL Houston this past weekend that five schools are recruiting him the hardest.

Bridges, a standout at Huntington (W.V.) Prep, rattled off a list that includes Iowa State, Kentucky, Michigan, Michigan State and North Carolina.

He has very little interest in IU. Yes he said in an interview that IU was a "dream school" as he did with about 446409674980749840 other schools. Wont hurt to get him to Hoosier Hysteria though. Show him what loud is.

He has very little interest in IU. Yes he said in an interview that IU was a "dream school" as he did with about 446409674980749840 other schools. Wont hurt to get him to Hoosier Hysteria though. Show him what loud is.

Yeah, wasn't that like 2 or 3 years ago?

Yeah, wasn't that like 2 or 3 years ago?

. I think so. Not entirely sure. All I know is that I got excited about it until I googled "Miles Bridges recruitment" and noticed that he gave quite a few other schools that distinction.

Make a deep run in the NCAA ' S and you vault yourself on a lot of lists,or hire stevens. Lol

What do we have to sacrifice to the basketball gods to make the latter happen?  A year of Crean's salary?  Two?  He's paid about 3x what he should be anyway.

Heck of a final 8. Impressive. If they aren't in particular order they should be alphabetic because they look like they ARE in particular order.

If not alphabetic, it's the first ones that come to mind. It's telling, even if it's not intended to be.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/miles-bridges-to-cut-list-after-peach-jam-will-visit-michigan-state-kentucky/

The Michigan native currently features a list of eight schools — Michigan State, Michigan, Kentucky, Indiana, North Carolina, N.C. State, Iowa State and Louisville but plans to cut his list after Peach Jam.

“Shortly after Peach Jam I will [cut it] down to a top five,” he said Friday night after going for 25 points and 7 rebounds in an 89-66 loss to Houston Hoops.

The 6-foot-7 small forward from Huntington (W.V.) Prep plans to visit Michigan State Sept. 12 for the Oregon football game and will then visit Kentucky for Big Blue Midness in October.

It seems as if we are considered the leader for Huntington Prep 4 star CuJo, and we are in the final five for Miles Bridges.

Both were teammates of Thomas Bryant, who was the undisputed leader of that prep team last year.

Forgive me if I am stretching the optimism a bit, but that tells me that Thomas is talking to them, is (generally) planning on being at IU for his sophomre year, and that he is having an excellent, "sell the school" experience at IU so far. We need Troy and JBj replacements in '16. I know we are a longshot with Bridges, but these two would hit the sweet spot big time. A lot of good can happen on an OV; hope we get one.

Especially if that OV comes during Hoosier Hysteria in a season with high expectations. I went to Hoosier Hysteria the year we were ranked #1 and it was an unbelievable basketball environment in Assembly Hall and Outside Assembly Hall. I remember seeing the recruits come in and look around in amazement.