Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) SF Miles Bridges to MSU

http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/1538984

CLASS OF 2016
Miles Bridges, SF, The Family – Bridges absolutely assaulted the rims in Grand Rapids with some impressive dunks in transition and when he had straight line drives to the rim. At 6-foot-6 with big time strength and elite athleticism, Bridges can do a little bit of everything. He is also now shooting the ball much better, though at times he settles and tries to shoot too much from deep instead of dominating with his athleticism. Overall it was an excellent weekend for Bridges who came home with MVP honors, and he showed why he is one of the best prospects in the Midwest.

Visited UL this weekend.

@AdamZagoria: 2016 F @MilesBridges01 visited Louisville this weekend. Says 6 schools working the hardest
http://t.co/YpVEO8YVEn

"Bridges said that there are a couple factors that he will be looking at when the opportunity to take more visits comes around.

'The environment, the fan base, and the style of play,” Bridges said. “Looking for a team where I can play some run and gun. Team that gets out and runs.' " we need to get this kid on a visit ASAP.

Yeah I wouldn't say ours to lose, by any stretch. Hometown schools seem to have quite a bit of pull so UM and MSU are also solid. Just saying IU has established themselves in that top tier.

I thought it would be IU, KU, MSU and UM

If we're not in his top 5 by this time, I'm not sure there's a lot of opportunity and how much time and effort should be diverted from kids who are interested in IU to someone who doesn't rank us in his top 5?   I'd like to see more concentrated recruiting efforts on legitimate prospects who at least have expressed reciprocal interest in us.

If we're not in his top 5 by this time, I'm not sure there's a lot of opportunity and how much time and effort should be diverted from kids who are interested in IU to someone who doesn't rank us in his top 5?   I'd like to see more concentrated recruiting efforts on legitimate prospects who at least have expressed reciprocal interest in us.

We weren't on Thomas Bryant's radar this time last year.  I for one am sure glad we didn't move on.

We weren't on Thomas Bryant's radar this time last year.  I for one am sure glad we didn't move on.

First of all, I too am glad TB decided to come to Bloomington, but I'm not convinced that it was so much our recruiting as it was the timing of Syracuse's academic problems, etc., that swung TB to IU.  I'm just not a fan of our shotgun approach to recruiting and throwing offers to seemingly anyone and everyone.  And I apologize for starting to stray off topic.