Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

It’s also far, far easier to monitor a recruit that is in state. Not to mention the local coaching connections that can enhance and weigh in on behalf of Indiana

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

34 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Brooks is far from a sure thing though. Why not stay hard on Watford?

And maybe our staff has determined that Watford is also far from a sure thing.   We see the vid clips and stats, but except in rare occasions that's about all we really know about a kid.   Meanwhile, the staff is digging a lot deeper and not every kid no matter what his last name is or how many stars he has is going to pass the litmus test.  If this kid's name was Trendon Farquahr would there be such strong feelings from some that we must get him?  Who's to say that both sides aren't just being polite because he is Christian's younger brother?  Lastly, I think Archie is going to be far more focused in his recruiting efforts than was his predecessor and use his staff's time and his budget in a far more efficient and economical manner.  Now, having made my spiel, Trendon is a '19 so there's a lot of recruiting time left before he makes a commitment.

56 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

And maybe our staff has determined that Watford is also far from a sure thing.   We see the vid clips and stats, but except in rare occasions that's about all we really know about a kid.   Meanwhile, the staff is digging a lot deeper and not every kid no matter what his last name is or how many stars he has is going to pass the litmus test.  If this kid's name was Trendon Farquahr would there be such strong feelings from some that we must get him?  Who's to say that both sides aren't just being polite because he is Christian's younger brother?  Lastly, I think Archie is going to be far more focused in his recruiting efforts than was his predecessor and use his staff's time and his budget in a far more efficient and economical manner.  Now, having made my spiel, Trendon is a '19 so there's a lot of recruiting time left before he makes a commitment.

By “sure thing” I meant in terms of signing. Both kids are very talented. Didn’t mean to cause confusion. 

Mountain Brook (AL) F Trendon Watford:  30 PTS, 12 REB in a 74-52 win over Parker.

Sure is quiet on that front.
I know it was one game but I was underwhelmed by Brooks performance in the tipoff.Langford had a lot to do with that though.
Hope we aren't out of this one.

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

5 hours ago, Woodson1980 said:

Sure is quiet on that front.
I know it was one game but I was underwhelmed by Brooks performance in the tipoff.Langford had a lot to do with that though.
Hope we aren't out of this one.

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

Gut tells me Trendon doesnt follow big brother just to get a different experience.

Watford said this about IU in a new Brian Snow piece, "Our relationship is coming along well. My brother went there, so there is a lot of tradition with my family there. They have a new coach in Archie Miller, so I am just trying to see how he does, and how his system works."

It also says in the article that Trendon is in no hurry to make a decision, and plans to make several more visits before the time comes to commit.

Jerry Meyer -

2019 five-star Trendon Watford will unofficially visit Florida State on December 27 according to recruiting analyst Andrew Slater.

A 6-8 small forward from Birmingham (Ala.) Mountain Brook High School, Watford had a brother Christian Watford who played for Indiana. Both Alabama and Indiana are considered strong in the younger Watford's recruitment. Alabama has 100 percent of his Crystal Ball predictions.

Watford, who is extremely skilled and possessing stellar body control, is ranked No 16 in the 247Sports Composite.

He also told Andrew Slater at the City of Palms event, where Leonard Hamilton watched him play on Tuesday, that LSU, Kansas, Memphis, Mississippi State and Iowa are also vigorously recruiting him.