Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

39 minutes ago, HoosierRobbie said:

I wonder if we are backing off? Haven’t heard anything about us and and trendon in a while?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

They won't back off, nothing to hear, he's still listing IU as schools that are involved heavily. 

13 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Tremendous outing from Trendon Watford today. 36 points and 11 rebounds off 12 shots. Kentucky present for the five star 2019
Corey Evans

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

In that game he was also 16-20 from the charity stripe.

What's so negative in the Rivals piece?  The kid has talent and we were never going to be a sure thing. I certainly don't read this as we're dead in the water.  He's a '19 so there's lots of time for Archie and staff if they determine he's someone we truly want.   

Until this point, the two schools that seem to be doing the best job recruiting Watford were Alabama and Florida State. Alabama has already had him on campus, and he’ll be headed to Florida State when the Seminoles take on Duke. Indiana is one to watch as well as his brother Christian Watford  was a star player for the Hoosiers. And as always, if John Calipari gets involved in his recruitment, Kentucky will be a factor.

This is my own completely made-up perception, but I think Archie is really putting an emphasis on this "inside/out" approach. He made another reference in his Andy Katz interview this week to building from Indiana and the Midwest out. Again, my own made-up perception, but I think he's come to the conclusion that Brooks, TJD and Watford aren't all going to go to the same school, so he's probably prioritizing the Indiana guys over a kid from Alabama (even though his brother played here). 

I'm assuming that he wants/would take Watford, but he probably sees more long-term value in terms of in-state relationships, etc., in landing Brooks and TJD. 

24 minutes ago, BGleas said:

This is my own completely made-up perception, but I think Archie is really putting an emphasis on this "inside/out" approach. He made another reference in his Andy Katz interview this week to building from Indiana and the Midwest out. Again, my own made-up perception, but I think he's come to the conclusion that Brooks, TJD and Watford aren't all going to go to the same school, so he's probably prioritizing the Indiana guys over a kid from Alabama (even though his brother played here). 

I'm assuming that he wants/would take Watford, but he probably sees more long-term value in terms of in-state relationships, etc., in landing Brooks and TJD. 

Brooks is far from a sure thing though. Why not stay hard on Watford?

23 minutes ago, BGleas said:

While I like the 'legacy' concept that Watford would bring, I think Coach Miller is approaching this the right way. I am a big fan of mining the local kids first and then working out. If he was anyone except Christians little brother, I wouldn't care.

56 minutes ago, BGleas said:

This makes sense. He may already have an idea as to what Watford is looking for or not looking for and this may push AM to go after other kids harder. He's met with TW so if he thought we had a really good chance there is not doubt he would put the full court press on for this kid.