Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

Hurt cancelled his Kansas and Kentucky in-home visit today. Probably going to duke. I don’t see Trendon going there if that’s the case

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It’s going to be hard for me to see Hurt and Duke killing it again.

I really like Hurt. My favorite player in the class.

Sunny side: better Duke than Kansas or UK by a little.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Darn, really wanted to root for Hurt next year, but not sure where he would have gone for me to be able to root for him, given that he was pretty much always blueblood-bound from the start.

Hopefully this eliminates another competitor for us in the Watford sweepstakes, maybe this ups our chances to about 25%.

36 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Reading between the lines is difficult on screen. I get it.

Anyway, I feel we have a better chance at Watford right now than we’ve had in a while. If we had no chance, the Watfords wouldn’t open the door for Miller and Co. Some may say it’s a courtesy given the Hoosier alumnus in the family, but they don't owe anyone that, especially Archie. If it were the same staff that had coached Christian I'd be much more concerned the visit was nothing but a courtesy. Obviously we're in consideration. When Hurt commits to Duke, we'll be even more in consideration. I don't think the Will Wade reinstatement changes things unless he wants to play for a now-exposed tool shed. Call me a sunshine pumper.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Imo if there was 0% chance that he was coming to IU then they wouldn't waste our time. It wouldn't be a courtesy to have Archie wasting time on Trendon that he could be spending on other guys. Hurt going to Duke would definitely be very good news.

3 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Fact.. starting 4 underclassmen, means we are young. 

Fact... chemistry issues, parents tweeting crap during season. 

Fact.. barely missing tournament. As a 1 seed in NIT, it means we were one of the first 4 out. 

Fact... it’s year 2 for Archie.

Fact... Archie improved the record from year 1 to year 2. 

Fact... Archie has stacked back to back classes, that sets the foundation. 

Fact... our young roster gained experience last year. 

I skimmed the thread...didn't read all of it.

This season, we had one senior who mattered much, one junior who is slow and still coming back from a torn achilles, and another who was inconsistent at best, and for 3/4 of the season was bad more than he was good.    Is someone arguing with you that we're not young, or that our inexperience doesn't matter?

Chemistry issues are real on every team.  Only when these knuckleheads were flat told their petty garbage was affecting the entire program did it stop.  This season and this team were exceptionally poor.    Two of the major culprits are gone but two are back as far as I know.  That scares me a bit because one bad apple can spoil the bunch.

Year 2 for Archie is really coming up.  In year 1, not a single of his recruits played a second.   His system could not be more opposite than Crean's.   This is also inarguable.

We all want better results; but it's hardly time to begin negative judgement of Archie given what any objective eye saw on the floor this season.   There was very obvious growth in the way the team played, in the way they came out after halftime, shot selection, assertion, and other things.  Was it perfect?  Hell no.  Was there progress?  Anyone who says no has zero clue what he/she's watching.    We're a long way from "national contender," but we're a couple of pieces away from being top 15-20.

Don't mean to jump on a battle I'm not fighting, but I wonder what the opposition is?   

8 hours ago, Feathery said:

Fact.. starting 4 underclassmen, means we are young. 

Fact... chemistry issues, parents tweeting crap during season. 

Fact.. barely missing tournament. As a 1 seed in NIT, it means we were one of the first 4 out. 

Fact... it’s year 2 for Archie.

Fact... Archie improved the record from year 1 to year 2. 

Fact... Archie has stacked back to back classes, that sets the foundation. 

Fact... our young roster gained experience last year. 

Hell, I’m not even a sunshine pumper. I was there with you wanting Crean gone and was calling it out. 

Opinion...it’s entirely way to early to get on Archie’s back. It takes time to change a culture. We just did it at my work and our board an executive leadership had the understanding it would take us 3 years to do it. Give Archie and the staff time to do their job. If things still suck in a year, then start to worry. 

Good facts.  But that's not where the facts stop.

Fact...the worst losses in IU basketball history have Archie Miller's name next to them.

Fact...we had more talent than teams that were beating us.

Fact...teams with more underclassmen than us were beating us, negating that fact.

Fact...we lacked preparation and motivation.

Fact...this board is sunshine pumpers by a vast majority.

Fact...there are so many red flags here that there's reasons for negativity.  If somebody gets frustrated by perceived negativity, they need to step back and look at all the facts, not just the hand selected ones.

Regardless, I'm going to drop it in this thread.  I'd be ecstatic to land Trendon Watford.  I really hope we do..

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

FactOpinion...the worst losses in IU basketball history have Archie Miller's name next to them.

FactOpinion...we had more talent than teams that were beating us.

FactOpinion...teams with more underclassmen than us were beating us, negating that fact.

FactOpinion...we lacked preparation and motivation.

FactOpinion...this board is sunshine pumpers by a vast majority.

FactOpinion...there are so many red flags here that there's reasons for negativity.  If somebody gets frustrated by perceived negativity, they need to step back and look at all the facts, not just the hand selected ones.

BTW: I'm okay with opinions - doesn't mean they're wrong opinions, but opinions are they.

To be fair Stu the underclassmen thing is a verifiable fact. Whether or it’s true I have no clue. But it can be proved or disproved. 

9 hours ago, Old Friend said:

I skimmed the thread...didn't read all of it.

This season, we had one senior who mattered much, one junior who is slow and still coming back from a torn achilles, and another who was inconsistent at best, and for 3/4 of the season was bad more than he was good.    Is someone arguing with you that we're not young, or that our inexperience doesn't matter?

Chemistry issues are real on every team.  Only when these knuckleheads were flat told their petty garbage was affecting the entire program did it stop.  This season and this team were exceptionally poor.    Two of the major culprits are gone but two are back as far as I know.  That scares me a bit because one bad apple can spoil the bunch.

Year 2 for Archie is really coming up.  In year 1, not a single of his recruits played a second.   His system could not be more opposite than Crean's.   This is also inarguable.

We all want better results; but it's hardly time to begin negative judgement of Archie given what any objective eye saw on the floor this season.   There was very obvious growth in the way the team played, in the way they came out after halftime, shot selection, assertion, and other things.  Was it perfect?  Hell no.  Was there progress?  Anyone who says no has zero clue what he/she's watching.    We're a long way from "national contender," but we're a couple of pieces away from being top 15-20.

Don't mean to jump on a battle I'm not fighting, but I wonder what the opposition is?   

Since two of the major culprits are gone, are you referring to Jake and Clif? I didn't know those two were such a problem. I think I can guess the other two.

57 minutes ago, Josh said:

Fact...the worst losses in IU basketball history have Archie Miller's name next to them.

Fact...teams with more underclassmen than us were beating us, negating that fact.

Fact...there are so many red flags here that there's reasons for negativity.  If somebody gets frustrated by perceived negativity, they need to step back and look at all the facts, not just the hand selected ones.

Regardless, I'm going to drop it in this thread.  I'd be ecstatic to land Trendon Watford.  I really hope we do..

10 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Since two of the major culprits are gone, are you referring to Jake and Clif? I didn't know those two were such a problem. I think I can guess the other two.

Can’t imagine a guy who doesn’t bother to learn the offense till December was helping all that much. 

Other than Duke, we had no losses to teams with less experience. And Duke is obviously a different type of team.

Arkansas and Rutgers were the only teams who were close to our level of inexperience. We lost to Arkansas because Morgan was in foul trouble all game. The Rutgers loss was terrible, but that was the game Devonte was suspended and Rob banged his head again. Davis didn't play at all. Damezi had to play 22 minutes, if that gives you an idea of how bad our depth was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weren't you anti Archie from Day one?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:

Other than Duke, we had no losses to teams with less experience. And Duke is obviously a different type of team.

Arkansas and Rutgers were the only teams who were close to our level of inexperience. We lost to Arkansas because Morgan was in foul trouble all game. The Rutgers loss was terrible, but that was the game Devonte was suspended and Rob banged his head again. Davis didn't play at all. Damezi had to play 22 minutes, if that gives you an idea of how bad our depth was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a person who was at the Rutgers game, we lost because the team didn't even look like we wanted to be playing. It was hands down the worst effort I've ever seen a team give. The last maybe 2 minutes we actually played hard. Had we played hard the whole game and lost I would agree. But to me it was way more of an effort issue than a talent issue.