Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

41 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

1:50 in podcast is a big reason we don’t get Trendon.

Family worried about unfair expectations due to Name.

I was thinking we had an outside shot here but I’m not thinking we do now.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I mean, is there any way to look at that in a positive way for IU? Sure doesn't sound good. 

4 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

1:50 in podcast is a big reason we don’t get Trendon.

Family worried about unfair expectations due to Name.

I was thinking we had an outside shot here but I’m not thinking we do now.

Sent from my iPhone using 

I think that there are plenty of expectations with a 5* stud anywhere. Christian was a good player at IU. Not great but good. Ridiculous that a fanbase would base expectations on one shot. But, I can see where they are coming from.

4 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Yeah that to me just sounds like an excuse. He just didn’t want to be here if that’s the case. That’s ok. IU isn’t for everyone. But just say that. Don’t turn it around. He is a 5*. He has plenty of expectations beyond this fan base.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Exactly, Trendon' choice of school should be based on many factors important to him. However, to imply that he would be evaluated unfairly by our fans, is truly unfair. Hoosier nation has shown keen interest in his development and really hope he is successful not matter where he goes to school.

Yeah that to me just sounds like an excuse. He just didn’t want to be here if that’s the case. That’s ok. IU isn’t for everyone. But just say that. Don’t turn it around. He is a 5*. He has plenty of expectations beyond this fan base.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
Exactly. Its time to move on and get some grad transfers

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, MoyeNeeded said:

I think that there are plenty of expectations with a 5* stud anywhere. Christian was a good player at IU. Not great but good. Ridiculous that a fanbase would base expectations on one shot. But, I can see where they are coming from.

I'd  easily take that shot over a year of Trendon (no offense to him of course)

People are replying based on a quote but haven't listened to the actual interview. I didn't come away thinking that Trendon definitely wasn't going to come here. I actually felt the opposite. Watford also said that Trendon wanted to go somewhere where he'd have a big role and that his interest is contingent on Romeo leaving and opening up a lot of shots. So I don't get the impression that Trendon is shy of shouldering expectations.

People shouldn't question a kid's character or toughness based on an interview from a peripheral character to begin with but they definitely shouldn't do it based on a secondhand account of an interview from a peripheral character. We'll see if Watford sets up a visit but I wouldn't be surprised if he does.

On 4/3/2019 at 8:28 PM, MoyeNeeded said:

Watford shot 50%+ from 3 as a senior in conference play and was a top 10 shooter nationally all year. He was no doubt a great player before he graduated. He was awesome.

On 4/10/2019 at 4:17 PM, ebridges24 said:

If Watford is excited about the possibility of playing with other elite recruits at Duke, why was he not considering coming to IU if Romeo stayed?

Maybe he just doesn't like Romeo??  TJD is a 5 star so not sure it's about not wanting to play with other elite recruits.

7 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Maybe he just doesn't like Romeo??  TJD is a 5 star so not sure it's about not wanting to play with other elite recruits.

Does anybody know if there is some history with Watford and Langford?

I live in Memphis and was just listening to 92.9FM sports radio. Watford played in an All-Star game in Memphis last night and was interviewed by one of the radio show hosts. Here are a couple paraphrased comments:

LSU - no way. Complete rebuild

Alabama - Hosts said Trendon told them he didn't have a good relationship with them.

Duke - If Hurt chooses them, then no. They think if Hurt goes elsewhere, he gets the scholarship offer.

Indiana - Immediately said "he's not going to Indiana." Completely dismissed IU. No real reason why though. Christian was supposedly on the show yesterday (92.9 FM Jason & John Show)

Memphis - came to conclusion as Memphis will be choice based upon how they described each above.

https://247sports.com/college/memphis/Article/Jeffries-confident-Tigers-will-land-Watford-and-Quinones-131135027/