Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I will say I have not heard anything negative recently and I'm on board with him "leading" us next year. Not sure if it's an attitude change or just making some changes in his life but he is locked in

That’s good to hear.  In a Hartman/Risley podcast Collin mentioned how strong of a presence Green had in the locker room.  Collin did not specifically state that was a bad thing but the way things were going for the team at the time I surmised that it was not a positive.  

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

It looks to me like he finally bought into playing off the ball and letting Rob be the facilitator of the offense. He also seems like he has bought into being a 3 and D 2 guard as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Off the ball is definitely his best role, while filling in at PG in the few minutes Rob needs rest. He should have Rob coach him on finishing around the basket in the offseason. Rob uses the backboard really well to finish in traffic. Green does a good job of getting into the lane, but he's often a disaster putting up a shot in traffic that Rob would finish. Green should be effective in there with his wingspan and athleticism, but he's generally not right now.

19 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I will say I have not heard anything negative recently and I'm on board with him "leading" us next year. Not sure if it's an attitude change or just making some changes in his life but he is locked in

I saw in an interview somewhere that he refers to him and Rob as "Batman and Batman" bc neither one of them have relegated each other to a sidekick type role.

17 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

My biggest worry with him at this point is (although I admit, pretty silly) the attention he's getting for this unlimited ammo cheat code tattoo he has on his arm. That's not even meant to be a knock on Devonte specifically, I would just worry about any kid his age who gets that kind of attention, for that specific thing. He's got a hot hand right now, I just hope he plays continues to play pretty smart and doesn't start leaning toward thinking he actually does have unlimited ammo and taking poor shots. 

Yes, Prohm and the HS coach at AL could change things real quick as would Hurt turning down Duke.. Will be very, very interesting for us if neither of those things happen.

I agree with you about Prohm. However, if I remember correctly, Hurt is announcing on the 19th and Watford on the 20th. Unless he has decided to go to Duke if Hurt doesn't choose to go there, is 24 hrs enough to sway him to Duke. We shall see.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I agree with you about Prohm. However, if I remember correctly, Hurt is announcing on the 19th and Watford on the 20th. Unless he has decided to go to Duke if Hurt doesn't choose to go there, is 24 hrs enough to sway him to Duke. We shall see.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yes, I think 24 hours is enough if he is deciding/torn between Duke and IU.

1 hour ago, HoosierDYT said:

Just for fun....

PG - Rob
SG - Hunter
SF - Watford
PF - TJD
C - Davis

First 3 off the bench: Al, Green, and Race

WOW

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Since it's just for fun!

PG - Phinisee

SG - Langford

SF - Hunter

PF: Watford

C: Davis/TJD

Bench: TJD/Davis, Al, Green, Race, Franklin

I have no “inside” knowledge from anyone but if Hurt does not go to Duke I’ll bet that Watford goes there.  The drive is only a hour further than IU and a number of the ACC road games are closer.  Coach K, Cameroon Indoor, their relevancy, etc will be quite a draw.
Memphis seems to have lost their luster. 
That being said......would love it if we landed him.
Duke is getting either hurt or watford.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Pretty much the only reason we’re back in this is because his other options are falling apart. Sounds like Miller won’t get the UNLV job so I’d bet on Memphis

Pretty much the only reason we’re back in this is because his other options are falling apart. Sounds like Miller won’t get the UNLV job so I’d bet on Memphis
Yeah everything would have to go perfect for us to get him imo. I think we are on the bottom of his list.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I don’t disagree. But to play devils advocate that’s sort of what happened with Keion Brooks. MSU led very early and he was close to committing to all 3 schools. UK wasn’t in it much until the end of his Junior year. They started showing more interest but were a distant third. IU took the lead. Then January and Feb happened. Our fans on social media happened. UK v Tenn game happened. UK missed on everyone they were looking to for the role he ends up with. Sometimes crazy things happen. I mean his brother is probably sitting there saying things happen for a reason if this all happens. I agree though highly unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, HoosierDYT said:

Just for fun....

PG - Rob
SG - Hunter
SF - Watford
PF - TJD
C - Davis

First 3 off the bench: Al, Green, and Race

WOW

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Why is everyone making the top 8 not include Justin Smith?

We include guys that 3 days ago "that ship has sailed", but we want to cast out a guy who will be battling for Indiana in just a few hours?

I don't get "fans".

We include guys that 3 days ago "that ship has sailed", but we want to cast out a guy who will be battling for Indiana in just a few hours?

I don't get "fans".

Simply forgot him. Maybe my wishful thinking believes we’d be in a better spot if he’s not a starter though

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

41 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

I don't get "fans".

Will he be battling? Will he have an attitude and get benched? We'll know in a few hours

28 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Will he be battling? Will he have an attitude and get benched? We'll know in a few hours

This game is made for Justin Smith; he gets the toughest defensive matchup in WSU’s lineup and has little or no offense expectations needed.