Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

As long as all leave in good academic standing there wouldn’t be any negative impact on the APR.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

That’s good. For some reason I thought there was a slight nick if they transferred before they graduated even if they were in good standing.  

OK boys and girls, let's all take a deep breath.  I'm not taking a shot at ap2345 as I'm as appreciative of what he shared as everyone else is, but I guess I'm just overly skeptical in my old age.  I'd really like to hear something from Pap or Chris that could add a little more support to this recruitment.

OK boys and girls, let's all take a deep breath.  I'm not taking a shot at ap2345 as I'm as appreciative of what he shared as everyone else is, but I guess I'm just overly skeptical in my old age.  I'd really like to hear something from Pap or Chris that could add a little more support to this recruitment.

Agreed. Your old(ness) is filtering its way to me. Just seems like a lot to drop without a lot of chatter. Chatter is good. Just hope it’s being made in other areas too.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

53 minutes ago, JVIU98 said:

The only way you don't see him back for year four is if you unplug your tv and don't get on a computer or phone.  He will be here for a long time.  Hope Trendon comes! Go IU!!

I sure hope he is! Just has to get more talent for next year. 

22 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

This is going to be an interesting off season, to say the least.

From what is written on internet, rumors, speculations etc (all of which might be wrong)...

Gone: Fitz, Romeo, McBob (not a scholly) Morgan

Perhaps both sides disgruntled: Smith, Green

Lack of playing time: Moore, Jake, Damezi

How much change can there be without APR implications?

I think you are spot on. I think one of Moore or Forrester sticks around. I'll guess Moore. Not good that Forrester's dad is on twitter. 

29 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I think you are spot on. I think one of Moore or Forrester sticks around. I'll guess Moore. Not good that Forrester's dad is on twitter. 

I think Forrester stays and Moore is gone. He hasn’t seen the court at all in weeks I don’t think he sticks around with most of the guys playing over him coming and TJD joining the mix.

19 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Chris never said that the Watfords were complicit. Just the programs. 

I didn't say he did, but the implication is certainly there considering Archie bowed out. Like I said, I hope it's not true that the Watfords are playing the game, but to me it looks like it. And I'm done with this.

19 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Looks like Duke is jumping in his recruitment

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Well...if Duke lands him, then at least we’ll still see a Watford playing on Branch McCracken Court twice more (considering they matchup Indiana with Duke in the ACC/Big10 Challenge every stinking year). I love the idea of Indiana having the chance to knock off Duke on an annual basis, but not when the roster comparisons have been far from favorable for Indiana. 

Although IU continues to get referenced in his recruitment, when's the last time there was any report that we had anyone actually watching him play?   To paraphrase Hoosier Guy in Romeo's recruitment -- he's not coming to IU.

By ADAM ZAGORIA

Duke is jumping into the Trendon Watford Sweepstakes. The Blue Devils have been in touch with Watford for several weeks now, and assistant coaches Nate James and Chris Carrawell were expected to watch the 6-foot-9 Watford on Thursday morning when Mountain Brook (29-3) plays Montgomery’s Robert E. Lee (29-3) at 10:30 a.m. in the Alabama 7A semifinal.  The 7A state championship is on Saturday. “They’re showing high interest,” said Ernest Watford, Trendon’s father.Duke currently has three Class of 2019 commits in point guard Boogie Ellis, wing Wendell Moore and big man Vernon Carey.  They remain in the mix for late-signing forward Matthew Hurt. A McDonald’s All-American, Watford had trimmed his list to four schools — Alabama, Indiana, LSU and Memphis. He has already taken officials to LSU and Memphis.Alabama head coach Avery Johnson, LSU coach Will Wade and Memphis coach Penny Hardaway were all expected Thursday as well. “A real superstar makes everyone around him better, and understands what it takes for team success, and that’s what he has done,” Bucky McMillan, Mountain Brook’s coach, told AL.com this week.

54 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

You are not going to hear anything from me to support what he shared. I read it and it sounds great, but it goes against everything I have been told by the staff. I hope I'm getting bad information or being led astray.

I'd like to be glass half full on this, and I hope it's all true.  I don't feel like we've been burnt too much by bad info, and this is pretty specific.  Let's keep our glasses half full!  Also...when exactly is this "official" supposed to start?  Would have to be Saturday, right?  If not, I guess that answers that!

4 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

I'd like to be glass half full on this, and I hope it's all true.  I don't feel like we've been burnt too much by bad info, and this is pretty specific.  Let's keep our glasses half full!  Also...when exactly is this "official" supposed to start?  Would have to be Saturday, right?  If not, I guess that answers that!

Watford coming here for an official visit? If he wins his game that starts in 20 minutes they play the state championship on Saturday. 

51 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Watford coming here for an official visit? If he wins his game that starts in 20 minutes they play the state championship on Saturday. 

Exactly my point...when would he even be available to take an official?  Doesn't seem like it's in the cards to me as Saturday would be a major stretch.