Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

42 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

IMG_0193.jpg TJD is still pushing I know most people think it’s a long shot but who really knows.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

TJD, Brooks, and Watford would have to be one of the best incoming freshman trios in IU history on paper...

Give me someone who can consistently make a trey as a 4th, and I'm drooling.

9 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

TJD, Brooks, and Watford would have to be one of the best incoming freshman trios in IU history on paper...

Give me someone who can consistently make a trey as a 4th, and I'm drooling.

If that happens, the dirty recruiting accusations will really start to fly.

Mountain Brook had several tough games at the Hoop City Classic in South Dakota and was back home this past weekend.

Mountain Brook took on crosstown rival Hoover on Jan. 3, and the Spartans emerged with a 63-49 victory. Watford led the team with 30 points and 17 rebounds on the night, with Berman adding 17 points. Ahman Ellington led Hoover with 24 points.

The boys had their final tune-up before area play the following night, as the Spartans rolled past John Carroll 49-19. Berman led the way with 11 points, while Watford had nine and Washington and Haley each scored eight.

Corey Evans -

Trendon Watford  completed his third official visit over the weekend to Alabama, the in-state program that has recruited him the longest. Indiana is the last remaining program on his final list that he has not visited, and I expect him to visit Bloomington next month.

Selecting a favorite has not been the easiest where, at one time, the Tide, LSU and Memphiscould have thought to be the team to beat. Things still aren’t too clear, but if anyone has been picking up momentum, it would be LSU. The Tigers’ head coach, Will Wade, was in for Watford prior to his visit to Alabama and in recent weeks, not many have invested as much into the recruitment of him than the staff in Baton Rouge. There may be a glaring hole in the frontcourt with the possible early departure of Nazreon Reid  along with the graduation of Kavell Bigby-Williams, and while there is still some time to go before a commitment, LSU may be close to garnering the favorite’s label.

Mountain Brook 66, Vestavia Hills 40: 5-star Trendon Watford leads Spartans’ rout

Four Mountain Brook players scored in double figures for Class 7A, No. 1-ranked Mountain Brook as the Spartans led the entire game in its 66-40 victory over No. 9 Vestavia Hills.

The victory clinched the regular season area title for Bucky McMillan and the two-time defending 7A state champion.

The Spartans (22-3, 5-0) jumped out to an 8-0 lead in the first three minutes and ended the first period on a 13-6 run. Vestavia Hills used an 11-0 run to keep it close and trailed by seven at halftime.

Vestavia Hills managed to cut into the lead early in the third period, but the Spartans clamped down and ended the period on a 15-2 run. The Spartans pushed their lead to 16 points over the Rebels (17-9, 3-2) by the time the starters were pulled with 2:30 remaining.

Star of the game: Although he didn’t lead his team in points, 5-star Mountain Brook senior Trendon Watford was everywhere for the Spartans and finished with 10 points, nine rebounds and seven assists.

Ok I’ve changed my stance a little bit in the last 24 hours on Watford after doing some detective work. So on a couple of other boards it has been rumored for a while by multiple people that the IU staff is very confident that they are going to land another big fish recruit besides Brooks. This recruit is bigger than Beverly too. It was thought to be Stewart but it wasn’t because he committed already. So then it was mentioned it was probably Watford or Hurt but supposedly this recruit has been in contact with TJD, Brooks, and Franklin. It has been stated in a couple articles that TJD had been talking to Watford so that lines up. Then tonight I looked on the Indiana basketball twitter account and realized that whoever runs the account had liked multiple tweets from Watford today about the MCAAG. I’m starting to think there is more to Watford and IU than we have been led to believe.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Ok I’ve changed my stance a little bit in the last 24 hours on Watford after doing some detective work. So on a couple of other boards it has been rumored for a while by multiple people that the IU staff is very confident that they are going to land another big fish recruit besides Brooks. This recruit is bigger than Beverly too. It was thought to be Stewart but it wasn’t because he committed already. So then it was mentioned it was probably Watford or Hurt but supposedly this recruit has been in contact with TJD, Brooks, and Franklin. It has been stated in a couple articles that TJD had been talking to Watford so that lines up. Then tonight I looked on the Indiana basketball twitter account and realized that whoever runs the account had liked multiple tweets from Watford today about the MCAAG. I’m starting to think there is more to Watford and IU than we have been led to believe.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I have seen the rumors about another recruit a part from Brooks. No names but it’s someone that is 6’ 9” or bigger supposedly. I guess we will see

At the beginning of the week there was talk by recruiting experts that Brooks was going to commit this weekend but I haven’t heard any updates 

I have seen the rumors about another recruit a part from Brooks. No names but it’s someone that is 6’ 9” or bigger supposedly. I guess we will see
At the beginning of the week there was talk by recruiting experts that Brooks was going to commit this weekend but I haven’t heard any updates 

There are only like 4 or 5 guys in the ESPN 100 6’9 or taller and the only top 50 one is Hurt. He is also the only one IU has had any connection to that has been made public. Also I’ve never seen anyone say that the big fish recruit was a big so you must have heard the rumor from somewhere other than where I saw it unless that was when they still thought it was Stewart which it clearly isn’t.

8 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

There are only like 4 or 5 guys in the ESPN 100 6’9 or taller and the only top 50 one is Hurt. He is also the only one IU has had any connection to that has been made public. Also I’ve never seen anyone say that the big fish recruit was a big so you must have heard the rumor from somewhere other than where I saw it unless that was when they still thought it was Stewart which it clearly isn’t.

Sorry man! Just trying to back you up that I’ve heard the same rumor. I never said it was a big. I heard 6’ 9”. Not sure why I added the “or bigger”. Just heard that he was 6’ 9” and potential the best of the income recruits.