Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

Quote from the article posted makes it sound like a visit is still going to happen at some point.

Having already taken official visits to LSU and Memphis, Watford will take his third official visit to Alabama on the weekend of Jan. 5. From there, a visit to Indiana remains in the works. “I was trying to visit there for their game against Louisville but I ended up having a game but we just having to plan out a time according to my season,” he said. “We will find a date, though.”

I've heard this is De'Ron Davis' final season as he's graduating early this year and won't be returning so we won't need any transfers if Romeo goes pro.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Is he wanting to go play closer to home as a grad transfer and maybe a bigger role since he will probably still be coming off the bench next year?

I'd prefer to leave Green on the bench and find someone else.   Kid's 6th in minutes played; leads the team in turnovers.   By far the lowest FG% on the team, total AND 3Pt%, and makes a lot of really senseless, brainless plays.  For the good things he does, he gives them all back with the negative things (bad shots and TO's).   Oh, and in 221 minutes so far this season, know how many offensive rebounds he has?  Zero.  None.  He'll make a play or two to help sometimes; yes.  But overall?  No thanks.

I actually really like the Green-Phinisee backcourt. Green makes mistakes, but he's a playmaker on a team that doesn't have enough of them. Al has been better than I expected this year, but he's still not a guy to pressure the defense. I think Green will be fine once he knocks off the rust. I think he's pressing a bit now too since Rob took his job and his role is unclear. I think he's the wildcard on this team because he's the one guy that I think can take his game to a level above what he's shown so far. Hopefully he does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, southsidehoosier said:

Is this due to his injury or just wanting to move on to another phase of life?

My guess would be more PT. I'm sure he could get that at a school like Colorado or Col St. if he wants to be closer to home. He's already worked so hard to get back from the injury can't see him hanging it up. 

1 minute ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

My guess would be more PT. I'm sure he could get that at a school like Colorado or Col St. if he wants to be closer to home. He's already worked so hard to get back from the injury can't see him hanging it up. 

Whatever he does I'd wish him the best but I'd sure hate to see him leave. Love what you see of his attitude. I think his size really helps on the interior defensively. Just gives the opposition less room to  maneuver. I know he struggles a little out on the floor defensively. His ability to both score and pass out of the post has invaluable also. 

1 hour ago, jbell833 said:

I've heard this is De'Ron Davis' final season as he's graduating early this year and won't be returning so we won't need any transfers if Romeo goes pro.

Can you give us a little more on your source for this info?  Not doubting you, just would like to know if there's possibly more fire than just smoke.

31 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:

I actually really like the Green-Phinisee backcourt. Green makes mistakes, but he's a playmaker on a team that doesn't have enough of them. Al has been better than I expected this year, but he's still not a guy to pressure the defense. I think Green will be fine once he knocks off the rust. I think he's pressing a bit now too since Rob took his job and his role is unclear. I think he's the wildcard on this team because he's the one guy that I think can take his game to a level above what he's shown so far. Hopefully he does

When he's the same as he was as a freshman I have a hard time calling it "rust".

EDIT:  So we could use help there.

So our chances with Watford have gone from no chance to deciding which player will transfer when he commits to IU?

I’m not an expert and have zero sources on this but I highly doubt Watford plays in the cream and crimson of IU. There would have had to be a huge shift for that to happen.

It would be nice to have the attention of Hoosier nation when he eventually announces though...
1) Memphis
2) Alabama
3/4) Indiana/LSU

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

33 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Not to burst anyone’s bubble but Snow has said repeatedly Watford is going to Alabama/Memphis. I’m sure he’s including us because of his bro and fond memories of IU growing up. 

Well yeah, that's all true and stuff, but :

1. ya never know, and 
  2. it's good message board speculation fun.

:)

Not sure who posted it but someone had said a while back that at some of the camps he was trying to recruit his friends to play with him at Memphis. If true, at one point Memphis was way out in front to the point he was trying to help fill out their recruiting class

This was said but I’m not sure if there is any substance to it. Also I do think TJD helps with Watford as would Brooks and if he does take an OV to IU at some point than all bets are off imo. Plus if Romeo gets in his ear who knows what could happen.

9 hours ago, Free Jurkin! said:

Green averages more than 5 TO's per 40 minutes.  No thank you.   He was better Saturday, but his "playmaking" is out of control most of the time, and between turnovers and bad shots, his bad has out-weighed his good.   Green is a junior.  I'm not sure he'll ever knock off the rust....or make changes.   

For the sake of a good discussion, what makes you think he'll be fine based on the 2.3 years worth of data we have on him?  He's shooting basically the same FG% he did a year ago when he played 31 games.  Turnovers and fouls per game have gone up each year while FG% has dropped each year. Worse on 3 pt FG's.   Yes...he is averaging more APG, and that's great.   I just see a mistake prone, out of control player who does as much to hurt the team as help it.  He's all we have except Durham, and I get that too.  So I'll hope with you; but I don't have a lot of faith in him.  I expect bad plays from him. Never a good thing.