Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

I noticed TJD recruiting him the other day on Twitter too. Hard to believe we could take KB and Trendon.

Especially with Hunter and Justin Smith where they are.

Clearly TJD wants Brooks so his recruiting efforts of Trendon is fascinating.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I could see it if Romeo goes to the NBA and two of Davis, Green, Moore, Thompson, Anderson, or Forrester transfer which isn’t impossible but not necessarily likely either.

10 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I could see it if Romeo goes to the NBA and two of Davis, Green, Moore, Thompson, Anderson, or Forrester transfer which isn’t impossible but not necessarily likely either.

I think we only would have to have Romeo go pro and have 1 transfer to add KBJ and 1 other currently unsigned recruit. 

TJD said in a video he is working on people and that the class would be 3 or 4. He wouldn’t say 4 on his own so my guess is he has been told by the coaches that there might be additional spot opening up after Morgan, Fitzner and Romeo.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Quite honestly, in this era of mass transfers each season, if you don't "over recruit" you can find yourself scrambling to fill a roster in April and May with Jeremiah Aprils, MSB's, etc.  I think as a coach you have to anticipate you'll have a transfer each season.

1 hour ago, Hoosier1984 said:

TJD said in a video he is working on people and that the class would be 3 or 4. He wouldn’t say 4 on his own so my guess is he has been told by the coaches that there might be additional spot opening up after Morgan, Fitzner and Romeo.

McBob gone also.  We need another guard assuming we get Brooks.

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Not for nuthin’, but:

Alabama: “I just like what they’re doing there.”

LSU: ”I just like what they’re doing right now.”

Memphis: “I like how they are playing.”

IU: “I just love what Coach Archie Miller was saying during my in-home visit. I just love what he is doing now.”

We’re the only place that got some “love.”

I think he really is considering IU. If we can get an official that'll be huge. Would probably have to wait it out. IU has a higher ceiling than any of those other programs but he would probably be our 3rd or 4th best player while he would be LSU and Alabama's best player. 

I think he really is considering IU. If we can get an official that'll be huge. Would probably have to wait it out. IU has a higher ceiling than any of those other programs but he would probably be our 3rd or 4th best player while he would be LSU and Alabama's best player. 

He probably also knows though that TJD, Brooks, Hunter, Phinisee, himself and the rest of the supporting cast at IU would be able to compete for a final 4 if not a national championship which is something that won’t happen at those other schools.

35 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

He probably also knows though that TJD, Brooks, Hunter, Phinisee, himself and the rest of the supporting cast at IU would be able to compete for a final 4 if not a national championship which is something that won’t happen at those other schools.

Yes! I can already see it at Memphis..The Wiseman and Jeffries combo will get a 9 seed and lose in the first round of the NCAA. LSU and Alabama have the same ceiling as well. I think Trendon will be  a good college player. I don't think he is a one and done though. Looks like a 3 year player at least. He may not dominate as a freshman but if he sticks around as a junior or senior he could be a very good player. 

14 minutes ago, Bobman1 said:

Phinisee, Brooks, Watford, Smith, and TJD would be an excellent starting five with Green, De’Ron and Jerome coming off the bench. One can only hope

I'd prefer to leave Green on the bench and find someone else.   Kid's 6th in minutes played; leads the team in turnovers.   By far the lowest FG% on the team, total AND 3Pt%, and makes a lot of really senseless, brainless plays.  For the good things he does, he gives them all back with the negative things (bad shots and TO's).   Oh, and in 221 minutes so far this season, know how many offensive rebounds he has?  Zero.  None.  He'll make a play or two to help sometimes; yes.  But overall?  No thanks.

IMO Watford would be a perfect fit at IU.  I have to believe that IU will have a transfer or two because these kids want to play ball and some are going to realize that they just aren't going to see much PT.  

Watford is the ideal prospect to take over the hybrid PF with stretch/point forward skills from Morgan.  

If IU was lucky enough to get Brooks and Watford to go with TJD and Franklin then IU is going to be so deep that it will lead to a transfer amongst the some of the frontcourt players.

IU would have nice 1-2 punch at C with Davis and TJD.

If Hunter returns to 100% and IU gets Brooks then you have one hell of a 1-2 punch at SF with Anderson trying to find minutes. 

Justin Smith has proven that he's more PF than SF and come next season IMO he stays at the 4. Geting Watford would once again create another great 1-2 punch.

The backcourt is a little trickier as I think they without question need another PG as I think Phinisee is the only true PG that IU has. That said once Romeo is gone I don't think IU a true SG as I see Green, Durham and Franklin are more comboguard than anything else.  If not a stud PG to form an awesome 1-2 punch with Phinisee then a stud shooter at SG but that doesn't seem to be in the cards and expect those 4 to make up the backcourt next season.

I'm not hating on or starting rumors just going by deductive reasoning and logic that there 3 talented scholarship players vying to be a 3rd string C and/or 3rd string PF in this scenario. Those 3 are Moore, Thompson and Forrester.  

If this recruiting class really happens then I would think that especially Moore would want to move on because his competitive nature is going to want to see PT and it's just not going to happen with what IU's going to have on the depth chart above him.

Unless there is some drastic changes I think the best Thompson and Forrester can do is fight for the 3rd string PF position.

As I said before,  this is nothing more than a guess/prediction and with no malice for the players that I think could transfer for PT reasons.  So with said I think there is chance that IU will have 2 transfers after the seaon but believe 1 will without a doubt happens.

The 2019 recruiting class will be 4 to 5 man class. The funny thing is elite talent wants to play with elite talent so the more 5 star prospects that IU lands the percentage of getting another greatly improves.  Getting TJD has improved IU's chances to get Brooks. Getting Brooks IMO greatly improves that chances with Watford.  Getting Watford would really open up the chances of adding better and better talents if they had scholarships open up.

Not for nuthin’, but:
Alabama: “I just like what they’re doing there.”
LSU: ”I just like what they’re doing right now.”
Memphis: “I like how they are playing.”
IU: “I just love what Coach Archie Miller was saying during my in-home visit. I just love what he is doing now.”

We’re the only place that got some “love.”

Is this for real?

I think we only would have to have Romeo go pro and have 1 transfer to add KBJ and 1 other currently unsigned recruit. 

I've heard this is De'Ron Davis' final season as he's graduating early this year and won't be returning so we won't need any transfers if Romeo goes pro.

7 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

I've heard this is De'Ron Davis' final season as he's graduating early this year and won't be returning so we won't need any transfers if Romeo goes pro.

Wow really?? Disappointing if true, I think a senior De'Ron could have a great role next year. Do you know the reason behind this decision?