Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

1 hour ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

I applied to IU and only IU. I was accepted and enrolled.

Same. All done before September of my senior year of high school I believe.

Personal anecdotes, especially from non-athletes, really don't do much to support or refute anyone's opinion of how long it should take these recruits to commit.

On 7/20/2018 at 7:31 AM, HoosierDYT said:

Cole Anthony will be a Hoosier! Book it!

You  had  me going.. darn I’m gullible!

On 7/20/2018 at 7:31 AM, HoosierDYT said:

Cole Anthony will be a Hoosier! Book it!

From Corey Evans -

After navigating his way through a high-interest recruitment during his high school career, five-star Trendon Watford  is approaching the next step of the process.

“It is going good. My top schools are still recruiting me so I am just enjoying it all right now,” he said. “Probably after Vegas, I will begin to schedule some visits. I am still open right now but whichever school is really recruiting me hard I will probably visit.”

While Watford is ready to take his official visits, he is not ready to make a college commitment and will likely sign in the spring.

Alabama, Indiana, Florida State, Vanderbilt, Memphis, Kansas, Mississippi State and TCUmake up his top eight.

IN HIS OWN WORDS

Alabama: “They were really the first one that recruited me hard and overall, they are just a great school.”

Indiana: “It is a great school and I am familiar with them since my brother (Christian Watford) played there. I have built a good relationship with coach Archie (Miller) and the rest of their guys.”

Memphis: “Great relationship with coach Mike Miller and coach Penny (Hardaway) and I am enjoying building that with them further.”

LSU: “I took an unofficial visit down there and will probably take another unofficial visit there. It was great. The guys weren’t on campus yet but I sat down with the coaches and we talked basketball and how I would fit in there.  “I have a strong relationship with coach (Will) Wade and coach (Bill) Armstrong and we are just building that up.”

Kansas: “They are still recruiting me. Coach (Bill) Self, he was my coach at the USA Basketball camp so I have a very good relationship with them, too.”

RIVALS' REACTION

Watford is one of the most versatile prospects in America. A 6-foot-8 forward that can be used in a variety of capacities on the offensive end, he can make shots to the perimeter, act within a point-forward role as a facilitator and is also one of the top rebounders in his class.

Memphis has picked up some momentum in recent weeks, though Alabama has remained a factor for the past two years.

From Corey Evans -
After navigating his way through a high-interest recruitment during his high school career, five-star Trendon Watford  is approaching the next step of the process.
“It is going good. My top schools are still recruiting me so I am just enjoying it all right now,” he said. “Probably after Vegas, I will begin to schedule some visits. I am still open right now but whichever school is really recruiting me hard I will probably visit.”
While Watford is ready to take his official visits, he is not ready to make a college commitment and will likely sign in the spring.
Alabama, Indiana, Florida State, Vanderbilt, Memphis, Kansas, Mississippi State and TCUmake up his top eight.
IN HIS OWN WORDS
Alabama: “They were really the first one that recruited me hard and overall, they are just a great school.”
Indiana: “It is a great school and I am familiar with them since my brother (Christian Watford) played there. I have built a good relationship with coach Archie (Miller) and the rest of their guys.”
Memphis: “Great relationship with coach Mike Miller and coach Penny (Hardaway) and I am enjoying building that with them further.”
LSU: “I took an unofficial visit down there and will probably take another unofficial visit there. It was great. The guys weren’t on campus yet but I sat down with the coaches and we talked basketball and how I would fit in there.  “I have a strong relationship with coach (Will) Wade and coach (Bill) Armstrong and we are just building that up.”
Kansas: “They are still recruiting me. Coach (Bill) Self, he was my coach at the USA Basketball camp so I have a very good relationship with them, too.”
RIVALS' REACTION
Watford is one of the most versatile prospects in America. A 6-foot-8 forward that can be used in a variety of capacities on the offensive end, he can make shots to the perimeter, act within a point-forward role as a facilitator and is also one of the top rebounders in his class.
Memphis has picked up some momentum in recent weeks, though Alabama has remained a factor for the past two years.

Bama, Memphis, LSU, and Kansas. 🤢

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

18 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Bama, Memphis, LSU, and Kansas.

Now that I'm a septaugenarian and more cynical than ever, I really wonder if there was genuine interest in IU or we were simply a "hey, look who's made me an offer".   I sincerely hope if was the former and not the latter but after the Garland recruitment.............

Now that I'm a septaugenarian and more cynical than ever, I really wonder if there was genuine interest in IU or we were simply a "hey, look who's made me an offer".   I sincerely hope if was the former and not the latter but after the Garland recruitment.............

Yeah one was not like the other four in that interview.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

"

Trendon Watford | SF/PF | Class of 2019

6-8½ | Mountain Brook HS | Mountain Brook, Ala.

Watford continues to progress with his skill level every time we see him, which is impressive considering he's nearly 6-9 now with a 227-pound frame and a 7-1½ wingspan.

He's a big wing with a versatile skill set, smooth and instinctual with the way he handles the ball and creates offense, possessing advanced footwork and body control and a great knack for putting the ball in the basket. Watford likes to play with the ball but is also capable of knocking down jump shots (inconsistently), particularly shooting off the dribble, which he can do from beyond the 3-point line. That's important because he's on the thicker side and not the most explosive athlete, relying more on strength and touch than verticality. He's going to have to improve his passing ability -- he's at times reluctant to move the rock -- and defense, which is far from a strength. Watford doesn't sit down in a stance or cover ground that well, as it doesn't appear that this part of his game is a huge priority at the moment.

Big wings who can handle and score are intriguing in modern basketball, but Watford has a ways to go in terms of rounding out his game to realize his full potential."