Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

Noticed all of a sudden Memphis received 7 crystal ball predictions in the last week. What gives? I get these so called 'prediction guys' jump on each others picks. Playing at Memphis and that conference....man that just wouldn't get me amped if I am a high school kid.

Then again, they have lots of NBA star power with Penny and Mike Miller holding down the fort. It's clear who the best coach though is out of the the three so called finalists. The others can sell their NBA experience but that's about it from a coaching standpoint in college. 

1 hour ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Noticed all of a sudden Memphis received 7 crystal ball predictions in the last week. What gives? I get these so called 'prediction guys' jump on each others picks. Playing at Memphis and that conference....man that just wouldn't get me amped if I am a high school kid.

Then again, they have lots of NBA star power with Penny and Mike Miller holding down the fort. It's clear who the best coach though is out of the the three so called finalists. The others can sell their NBA experience but that's about it from a coaching standpoint in college. 

I agree.  Penny/Miller haven't even won a game as a college coach and they are still getting consideration from these kids.  I don't get it.

I agree.  Penny/Miller haven't even won a game as a college coach and they are still getting consideration from these kids.  I don't get it.

Top kids want to go to NBA. They can sell them on their experiences. Among other things

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Trendon was quoted to be recruiting Matthew Hurt to Memphis. Info like that goes a long way for Crystal Ball picks.

Memphis has a proclivity to cheating, and Penny’s AAU ties will make it all an easy perfect marriage.

Then on the court results will speak for themselves but honestly many of these kids don’t care about winning, if they can be showcased.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Like mdn said, this is all about NBA experience. Nothing about Memphis the school, city, area, etc. all these kids want to hear is “NBA”. 

Imagine being a high school kid and being recruited by a former star player (Penny) and a guy who can say he won championships with Lebron. That holds a TON of clout. I know I wouldn’t be upset if they started recruiting me. Just how it is these days.

29 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Did my post get deleted mods? I know I mentioned political figures, but it was in context to the celebrity status of Penny at Memphis. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

Mine did too .... not sure what happened.

1 hour ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Did my post get deleted mods? I know I mentioned political figures, but it was in context to the celebrity status of Penny at Memphis. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

56 minutes ago, InArchWeTrust said:

Mine did too .... not sure what happened.

I just shot you both a PM explaining the situation. 

Christian Watford getting a summer league shot with MEMPHIS grizzlies.  

Claims being made Penny is behind this one.

Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Well he was on the Pacers summer league team twice. Does that mean we are twice as likely to get him than Memphis? The only claims I saw were random fans on Twitter that others laughed at. If Penny gets help from a NBA team I would call him The Godfather as Coach K and Calipari neither one have NBA teams recruiting for them. I file this under tin foil theory.

When do they play though cause I would absolutely watch that?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 hours ago, mdn82 said:

When do they play though cause I would absolutely watch that?

July 2 at 7:00

July 3 at 9:00

July 5 at 7:00     Times are eastern for these 3; all played in Salt Lake City

July 7 at 9:00

July 8 at 9:30

July 10 at 6:30    Times are eastern for these 3; all played in Vegas

You're welcome!  :farting_smiley:

July 2 at 7:00
July 3 at 9:00
July 5 at 7:00     Times are eastern for these 3; all played in Salt Lake City
July 7 at 9:00
July 8 at 9:30