Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

6 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Trendon Watford's dad Ernest tells me the Romeo Langford to IU decision could have a snowball effect on @Trendon_2 & other recruits.
"He sets a 'blueprint' I believe for how Archie utilizes Trendon’s overall skill set."

Story coming on @FloHoops
Adam Zagoria

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Hmm who else has said that recently....

18 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

For some reason, I see a class of TJD, Watford and Lewis. If we get Brooks I'm good with that also. 

I think I drank the contents of the Beer Thread last night- which Lewis?  

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Kira Lewis. PG for Watford's AAU team. No relation to Michael Lewis but if Chuck Marlowe was still announcing he would get them confused like he used to do with Pat and Greg Graham. 

So we have a good shot at Lewis you feel like? Or is it just an opinion because of Trendon? Thanks!

38 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

For some reason, I see a class of TJD, Watford and Lewis. If we get Brooks I'm good with that also. 

I was just thinking this same thing when I saw your post. 

1 hour ago, Iugradman said:

According to this article, Trendon plans to decide “soon.” He might just be cutting his list though, not making a final decision.

Here is the IU related portion of the article.

INDIANAPOLIS -- Now that Archie Miller and the Indiana staff have landed home-state star Romeo Langford, it could have a snowball effect on players in the Class of 2019 and beyond.

One of their top targets in 2019 is Trendon Watford, the 6-foot-8 forward from Mountain Brook (AL) and the Georgia Stars, whom Miller visited not once, but twice during the April contact period. Watford is the younger brother of former Indiana standout Christian Watford.

Both Christian Watford and his father, Ernest Watford, were impressed that Indiana landed Langford on Monday night.

"My oldest son bleeds the Pinstripes," Ernest said of Christian, who played for the Hoosiers from 2009-13 and is preparing for the upcoming NBA Summer League. "He’s excited for the direction that the program is headed. He's super impressed by Archie."

Langford is a projected one-and-done and may well be gone from Indiana by the time Trendon Watford arrives on a college campus in the fall of 2019. But the Watfords still see Langford's commitment as an incentive for Trendon.  

"He sets a 'blueprint' I believe for how Archie utilizes Trendon’s overall skill set," Ernest said.

The father also added that Christian will have a major influence on where Trendon goes to school.

"Christian has a ton of influence on Trendon’s success thus far, and we as a family are leaning on him for guidance and resources," Ernest said. "I know he will do his due diligence in researching the 'best fit' for his little brother on all fronts. He is our sounding board."

As for Trendon, he met twice with Indiana's Miller during the recent contact period.

"Yeah, they came in there twice," Watford told FloHoops.com last weekend at the Nike EYBL Session II. "It shows that they're on me pretty hard. They're on me pretty hard, so it was a great visit. Obviously, they didn't have to tell me to much about the school too much, but they showed me film of their players that could be like me."

Trendon is very familiar with the Indiana campus, having visited many times during Christian's tenure at the school.

"That was like my second home at one point in time, always up there every week so just being up there, I'm familiar with it," he said.

Ernest also raved about the first home visit with Miller, even going so far as to virtually predict Langford's commitment.

"He really displayed [via game film] to us the hardworking culture and daily accountability that's going on at IU," Ernest Watford said. "More importantly, he explained how his system plays to the strengths of players like Trendon with tons of floor spacing- just flowing and playing with freedom, therefore allowing Trendon to utilize his full array of versatility within the framework of the offense."

41 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Great news! I would love to get Trendon. Have always liked Brooks but you honestly can’t go wrong with either one.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Their both Cadillacs just depends on which model you like better