Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

IU and Vandy have no prior incidents or allegations of cheating. 

Nevermind.. thought I was in the Romeo thread. 

Let's be clear.. were you talking about Watford or Langford?

Your lack of understanding doesn't mean I wasn't clear. We are in the Watford thread after all

17 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

With those other programs listed I just don't see how this recruitment is clean. 

I agree.  Man I want Watford, but the Zags article looks a little suspicious imo.  Plus he's also being recruited to Alabama, and it seems like he's basically getting recruited by IU and a bunch of programs who are willing to play the game.

Meantime, Watford will have additional home visits soon with LSU, Memphis & Houston, the last one on April 17.

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Your lack of understanding doesn't mean I wasn't clear. We are in the Watford thread after all

I was asking you a question because I was confused. I never said you weren't clear. Literally said "nevermind." I just never thought anyone would honestly think Trendon Watfords recruitment would be dirty. Sorry not buying it. 

I was asking you a question because I was confused. I never said you weren't clear. Literally said "nevermind." I just never thought anyone would honestly think Trendon Watfords recruitment would be dirty. Sorry not buying it. 

Have you seen Chris007’s posts on this topic?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

13 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

We'd be hurting ourselves and putting our program in danger. Have you not been paying attention to what's been happening the last year? It's not worth it. Most of these teams that cheat aren't much better off than those that don't. Archie's recruiting just fine right now without (hopefully) crossing the line. The 5*s will come in time. 

And when we do get 5* players, I hope that they're in-state kids from good families who have some understanding of IU's tradition and are likely to stay at least two years. The  Yogis and the Codys of the world. In special occasions because the kid is just that good, bring in a Gordon or a Langford for a year to compliment a strong core, not be built around. No more Vonlehs who are indifferent to where they play. No Isiah Whiteheads who want something for half their entourage before they sign. And no Marvin Bagleys whose parents can't even be remotely quiet about their influx of cash.

And on top of all of this, the current "recruiting game" is on the way out. Why risk your program's reputation to play into a system that isn't going to be around much longer anyway?  

Yes, I see those "cheating " programs continue to succeed without any punishment for their behavior. Lousiville only got punished because they were already on thin ice from the prostitute scandal. North Carolina won the championship last year. Kansas went to the Final Four this year. Duke, Kentucky, and MSU are three more. Cheating pays. If we want to land top talent then that's something we will have to do, like it or not. 

7 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

To me you are talking about tradition. These are all events that took place before the kid was even born. When he says pieces and final fours, he’s talking about now and IU is not positioned well to go to a final four, at least not yet. Most on here have been talking about this being a 3 year rebuild

Did you honestly think the team that Mike Davis led to the championship was capable of doing that before the season began?  Did you think Loyola Chicago would be a Final Four team this year, or Michigan would be able to make it to the champiomship?

Did you honestly think the team that Mike Davis led to the championship was capable of doing that before the season began?  Did you think Loyola Chicago would be a Final Four team this year, or Michigan would be able to make it to the champiomship?

I am not following your point then. What value at all does the watfords comments make then?

I remember someone saying that TJD and Brooks were a lot further along in the process than Watford in the past couple days. I’m thinking the coaching staff had planned everything with the family with that in mind. They knew that those two would be closer to committing earlier, so of course they would be in front of them more. Now that the seasons over the full court press is on and we could be looking at an incredible class for 2019..

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

On 4/8/2018 at 5:25 PM, MikeRoberts said:

I am not following your point then. What value at all does the watfords comments make then?

I really would like to see Trendon follow big brother Christian's footsteps, and come to IU, and have his own historic Wat Shot.