Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

Dreaming but Brooks, TJD, Watford and a guard would be unreal.

Not sure how playing time would make sense but my oh my.

Would put the 3,4,5 on lock down.

With Smith and Hunter it would just be silly.

Don’t wake me up..........

PS-I’m not being greedy and expecting this. Just thinking out loud.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Dreaming but Brooks, TJD, Watford and a guard would be unreal.

Not sure how playing time would make sense but my oh my.

Would put the 3,4,5 on lock down.

With Smith and Hunter it would just be silly.

Don’t wake me up..........

PS-I’m not being greedy and expecting this. Just thinking out loud.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I was trying to come up with lineups if we landed that trio.

5 - TJD (Forrester)
4 - Watford (Thompson)
3 - Smith (Brooks)
2 - Hunter (Anderson)
1 - Green (Phinisee)

But that leaves Davis, Durham, Moore, and the 2019 guard. That would be an incredible roster and someone would have to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I was trying to come up with lineups if we landed that trio.

5 - TJD (Forrester)
4 - Watford (Thompson)
3 - Smith (Brooks)
2 - Hunter (Anderson)
1 - Green (Phinisee)

But that leaves Davis, Durham, Moore, and the 2019 guard. That would be an incredible roster and someone would have to leave.

Now I have only watched Watford 3 times but I must be watching a different guy during these games cause he doesn't play like a 4 at all. He plays more of a 3/2 to me and I believe that's what he thinks he is I his dads comments about Romeo mean anything. In a lineup featuring him and Smith Smith is the 4 every time.

36 minutes ago, BtownBanner6 said:

Now I have only watched Watford 3 times but I must be watching a different guy during these games cause he doesn't play like a 4 at all. He plays more of a 3/2 to me and I believe that's what he thinks he is I his dads comments about Romeo mean anything. In a lineup featuring him and Smith Smith is the 4 every time.

I believe we'll see more and more of a true point, a big that can defend, and three wings.  If Smith gets the PF label and Watford the SF that would be fine.  They're both wings or "big" wings in college basketball.  I think we'll see Smith continue to hone his perimeter skills and play a lot both inside and outside as a junior.

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

I believe we'll see more and more of a true point, a big that can defend, and three wings.  If Smith gets the PF label and Watford the SF that would be fine.  They're both wings or "big" wings in college basketball.  I think we'll see Smith continue to hone his perimeter skills and play a lot both inside and outside as a junior.

This.  You also have to think of the position(s) each player can defend which I am sure will be a priority for CAM in year 2 & 3.

I agree as far as offense goes, but I can't see Watford guarding bigs inside ever.

On 4/19/2018 at 10:54 AM, btownqb said:

He avg a double double (basically).. shot 53% from the field, 49% from 3, and 1.5blks. I thought the only problem was we didn't have enough shooters and he had to go against double teams his entire FR year. 

Yeah, and the team never could figure out how to get him the ball down low, so by mid January the offense had evolved into just giving him the ball at the top of the arch and telling him to do something with it lol shoot it, run up the middle, whatever you want to do with it, Noah.

We continue to wait and should on him and the other 2 amigos and grab the first top point prospect. Unless the staff wants to hold out for Carton which leads me to believe they feel great with Green, Durham & RP. All 3 I really like with improvements in Green’s maturity, Al’s consistent outside shot, and adding RP true point playability. If you feel good about what’s back and coming into the program you damn well better try to upgrade with talent. TW fits this profile.

Five-star Watford discusses where recruitment stands

Corey Evans • BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – A super versatile forward prospect in the 2019 class, Trendon Watford is no stranger from the national spotlight. The younger brother of former Indiana star Christian Watford, the five-star junior recapped his spring, his college recruitment and when the next step will be made within it.

“It is going pretty good,” he said regarding his spring on the Nike EYBL circuit. “We didn’t make Peach Jam, but as an individual, I feel like I had a pretty good spring.”

Alabama, Indiana, Memphis, Kansas, LSU and Florida State are just a few that have placed a heavy priority on Watford, he told Rivals.com.

Alabama: “They are just telling me that I could come in and make an impact. Coach Avery(Johnson) has coached and played at the highest level so if I picked that school it would be a great experience.”

Indiana: “I visited the campus and we have had great in-home visits. They obviously just got a big-time commitment with Romeo Langford  so that was pretty eye-opening for recruits and if I was to go there, I could come in and make an immediate impact.”

Memphis: “(Assistant coach) Mike Miller is like a brother to me. We have known each other for so long and whenever I visited last week, it was great. I talked with Coach Penny (Hardaway) and he took me around the facilities and we talked basketball with how I could come in and make an impact. It would be great learning from three former NBA guys.”

Kansas: “I just like how he (Bill Self) runs the offense. They showed us film today and how he likes to run the spread offense and just getting close with him off of the court has been cool.”

Florida State: “They are telling me how I could be their next Jon Isaac of their system. Pretty much, they have probably visited me the most out of any other school.”

LSU: “I had a great visit there a few weeks ago. Coach (Will) Wade and Coach (Bill) Armstrong, they are recruiting me pretty hard. We sat down and talked basketball for a long time.”

WHAT'S NEXT

After vying for a spot on the USA Basketball under-18 team, Watford will now complete his travel basketball career with the Georgia Stars 17-under squad next month.  Thereafter, look for Watford to make some moves within his college recruitment. 

“If not after USA, after the July period, that is when I will cut my list. Hopefully I will make my decision before my high school basketball season,” he said. “I will probably visit Alabama, Indiana, Kansas and Florida State. I don’t know about doing those officially but I definitely want to get out to each.”

RIVALS REACTION

Measuring in at 6-foot-7 with a 7-foot-4 wingspan, Watford is the definition of versatile. Tailor made for the small ball power forward role within today’s game, Watford can dribble, pass, shoot, rebound and defend, all facets that are heavily valued within the best of frontcourt prospects.

A five-star junior that is not short for college interest, Watford has continued to see new programs enter the mix. However, it does look as if the grouping of LSU, Florida State, Indiana, Memphis, Kansas and Alabama are among the favorites as a commitment could come sometime this fall, leading to a November signing.