Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

40 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

A lot of Alabama fans think they have it wrapped up. They were saying Avery will do what Grant couldn’t and keep talent in state emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I don't think it's a laughing matter - he's doing a great job. They're definitely a threat, IMO.

8 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Wanna learn about Trendon Watford, Earnest Watford, some good people, and some difficult, complex situations that are products of a history of distrust?

Read this:

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/05/the_ultimate_crossover_mountai.html

In it they say Trendon says he will cut his list after the summer and will chose a college during next season.

On 5/1/2018 at 10:37 AM, Chris007 said:

For some reason, I see a class of TJD, Watford and Lewis. If we get Brooks I'm good with that also. 

My dream class would be TJD, Brooks & Carton.....  I’d be ecstatic over TJD, Watford & Lewis though. Brooks, IMO is a better fit for Arch’a style of play. Long, athletic, covers more space on defense. 

Here’s the couple nice things about next years class.

We project to lose 2 STARTERS (Romeo, Juwan, and maybe even Finzer although not likely)

When recruiting we can easily sell 2 starter spots being open.

Also Brooks and Watford are both fantastic and any team would be lucky to get either of them.

Brooks is a 3. That wants to play more like a 1 or 2 than a 4 or 5. Watford fits right in at a stretch 4 but could be a great 3 as well.

We could recruit both. But we won’t need both IMO. Justin Smith and Jerome Hunter fit in very similar positions.

We do seem to be tying our recruiting to some packages early on. Brooks/TJD (least like a package but really enjoy playing together). Hurt/Terry. Watford/Lewis.

I love this class so much, I’m hoping for a 4 man class one way or another. But the right 3 pieces and keeping guys would be just as good.

I agree I like Brooks better too. But it seems that Brooks really like the recruiting process. I don't think the staff wants to take the chance to play the game with Brooks all summer, all winter and then he picks someone else. Watford is rated higher right now so come on down.

Agree, he seems to like the process a bit much. tweeting out an Illinois offer, really? I would suspect we accept another offer while he is still adding to his total. Too bad, he is really playing well this spring.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Here’s the couple nice things about next years class.

We project to lose 2 STARTERS (Romeo, Juwan, and maybe even Finzer although not likely)

When recruiting we can easily sell 2 starter spots being open.

Also Brooks and Watford are both fantastic and any team would be lucky to get either of them.

Brooks is a 3. That wants to play more like a 1 or 2 than a 4 or 5. Watford fits right in at a stretch 4 but could be a great 3 as well.

We could recruit both. But we won’t need both IMO. Justin Smith and Jerome Hunter fit in very similar positions.

We do seem to be tying our recruiting to some packages early on. Brooks/TJD (least like a package but really enjoy playing together). Hurt/Terry. Watford/Lewis.

I love this class so much, I’m hoping for a 4 man class one way or another. But the right 3 pieces and keeping guys would be just as good.

Agree. I would do the dance with Brooks until the end and hold one for him or Hurt. Hope TJD comes on down first though or Watford. These prolonged recruitments are taxing but I believe the staff needs to do it for some of these 5 star IN players. As long as $ isn’t involved our chances increase the longer it goes for these players.

2 hours ago, Jam said:

Agree, he seems to like the process a bit much. tweeting out an Illinois offer, really? I would suspect we accept another offer while he is still adding to his total. Too bad, he is really playing well this spring.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Don't fault him for tweeting out the Illinois offer.  Pretty common practice for these kids.